Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/6/2003 11:38:47 PM EDT
Hey, I was just at my local dealer where, to my great surprise, he tried to sell me a Sig 229 with a 12 round mag. I pulled the mag out and looked at it and I didn't see "Law enforcement only" labeled anywhere, but I didn't look for very long. It did clearly have a hold and labeling for "12"
I was busy asking questions like "How is this possible that you can sell a new 12 round magazine?  Was this manufactured before the 94 ban?  
It sure didn't look like it.  He said they just got it in like that, it was the only one they had and of course, it was legal.  What do you guys think?
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 5:06:03 AM EDT
[#1]
There were a fair number of 12rd. 229 mags made before the ban. It is just possible that one may have been found at the factory and just thrown in the box with a gun...stranger things have happened...or, this gun may have been built before the ban and simply stored either by an owner or in a warehouse somewhere, and never shot, or it could have been shipped after the ban with a single 12 rounder, which several manufacturers did until their "grandfathered" mags ran out. I wouldn't lose any sleep over it.
Link Posted: 10/8/2003 12:35:09 AM EDT
[#2]
appreciate the advice.  I should probably just buy the thing, although I know 800 dollars is pretty brutal.

thanks
Link Posted: 10/8/2003 5:59:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Mr. Happy,

$800 for a P229 is too high.  Check out the Sig Forum.  There is a guy who is selling a P229 in 40 caliber for $600.  It includes 3 mags, 2 10rounders and 1 12rounder, all factory sig. It also comes with an extra factory barrel in 357 sig.

Booker
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top