Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/24/2003 5:38:12 PM EDT
Hello everyone. I finally grabbed a DPMS 22lr upper with 16" bull barrel and flat top 2 days ago and have been going through the shoot and clean barrel break in recommended by DPMS. I put a Simmons 4.5-14x by 40 scope on it and all I can say is WOW!!! This thing is too mcuh fun. I am getting .5 groups at 50 meters and total reliability so far. I have tried CCI stingers and minimax, wal mart special winchester bulk box, and even aguila sniper sub sonic 60 gr and this upper eats them all with a smile. I must say I love it. I also have a question. Will the 30 rd mags from the Atchisson 22lr kits work with the DPMS upper? Its a blast as it is, but I cant imagine how fun it would be with 30 rd magw :) Thanks in advance for all replies, and feel free to ask any questions about this upper, as I have seen a few floating around here recently and will answer anything the best I can.
Link Posted: 9/24/2003 7:21:57 PM EDT
No, the DPMS is using the Colt 22 system. Look on the bolt, it might have Colt stamped on it? The Mag is the Colt also. Ciener kit uses diferent mag, and is lacking the ejector that the Colt mag has on top.
Link Posted: 9/24/2003 7:59:29 PM EDT
Is it heavy? Is it reliable? How much $$$? Ghost
Link Posted: 9/24/2003 8:42:00 PM EDT
SBR: Wow, that sucks. I hoped I could rig a 30rd mag to work. Ghostshooter: Yes to both. It is somewhat heavy with the bull barrel, but not uncomfortably so. It isnt too bad for me, and at 170lbs I'm not the hulk. It has been totally reliable so far with CCI minimax and stingers, Remington yellow jackets, wal mart special bulk box winchester, and aguilla 60gr sniper sub sonic, which really impressed me. Its also very accurate, best so far with the CCI minimax. It cost me 369.00 w/ one mag from www.cheaperthandirt.com
Top Top