Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 8/24/2003 5:47:33 PM EDT
Hey Guys,

I'm a newb I know, but I am thinking of building my first AR. This site is great and I have learned alot so far. But here is my question:

Who makes a the best 9mm upper. I have been looking at oly, ASA, and RRA. Is one of these better than the other, or is there another company I should be looking at. I would like to use this rifle at my club "IPSC" style tactical rifle competitions, and I like the idea of 9mm carbine. Thanks for any help.

Matt
Link Posted: 8/25/2003 12:21:51 PM EDT
I can't speak for the colt/rra/ASA, but I bought the Oly 9mm, and love it. With the SOCOM block, it uses stock, unadulterated sten mags. They can be had for less than five bux each at a show. They suck to load, but otherwise they are built like tanks. I'm a 9mm guy, and mine is on a bushy lower. The fit & finish are excellent. I have 5-600 rounds thru it with zero failures of any kind. I just cleaned it yesterday for the first time. Cheap CCI blazer, and lead reloads. With the blazer, it is accurate as hell. The only complaint I have about it is the dorky pencil of a barrel sticking out in front. I'm looking at getting a fake flash hider to cover that pencil barrel up, but I can't find anything. Appearance aside, it totally rocks, and I'd recommend it. -- Fargo007
Top Top