Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/24/2003 5:47:33 PM EDT
Hey Guys,

I'm a newb I know, but I am thinking of building my first AR.  This site is great and I have learned alot so far.  But here is my question:

Who makes a the best 9mm upper.  I have been looking at oly, ASA, and RRA.  Is one of these better than the other, or is there another company I should be looking at.  I would like to use this rifle at my club "IPSC" style tactical rifle competitions, and I like the idea of 9mm carbine.  Thanks for any help.

Matt
Link Posted: 8/25/2003 12:21:51 PM EDT
[#1]
I can't speak for the colt/rra/ASA, but I bought the Oly 9mm, and love it.  With the SOCOM block, it uses stock, unadulterated sten mags.  They can be had for less than five bux each at a show.  They suck to load, but otherwise they are built like tanks.

I'm a 9mm guy, and mine is on a bushy lower.  The fit & finish are excellent.

I have 5-600 rounds thru it with zero failures of any kind.  I just cleaned it yesterday for the first time.  Cheap CCI blazer, and lead reloads.  With the blazer, it is accurate as hell.

The only complaint I have about it is the dorky pencil of a barrel sticking out in front.  I'm looking at getting a fake flash hider to cover that pencil barrel up, but I can't find anything.

Appearance aside, it totally rocks, and I'd recommend it.

-- Fargo007

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top