Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 8/11/2003 10:52:18 AM EDT
can the gas block that isn't really a gas block be easily removed from the barrel without leaving a mess? Can the handguard be easily replaced with a longer one or are the threads/set-up completely different to other commercial 2-piece free-float hand guards? I'd like to remove the front sight block and fit a full-length hand guard. Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/11/2003 3:37:18 PM EDT
Yes, the front sight block can easily be removed with the correct allen wrench. It did not leave any unsightly marks when I removed it. As for the handguard, I don't know.
Link Posted: 8/11/2003 3:57:24 PM EDT
Yes to both questions. The only "mess" left by removing the non-gas block is a smal indentaton in the bbl where they dimple it to receive the set-screw that is used to hold the block on. As it is phosphated the same as the rest of the bbl, it shouldn't be a problem. Sluggo
Link Posted: 8/12/2003 3:26:54 AM EDT
Thanks fellas. next question: I would like to fit a full-length hand guard. What brand should fit the existing threads? If I get a 2-piece will the barrel nut be right? I'll be doing this by mail-order so it needs to be right first time.
Top Top