Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/10/2003 7:46:19 AM EDT
The sucker split lenghthwise for almost it's whole length right along the railguide slot on the side opposite the ejection port.  

That area is very thin, you may want to check your's for cracking.  If left undetected the hard steel parts moving out of alignment could raise hell wearing on the inside of the upper.

Mario_FAMOInc
Link Posted: 8/10/2003 1:37:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Did you buy this from Ciener?  If so, I'd check with them to see if they have a replacement policy on it.  I talked to JAC at Knob Creek (April 2003) and he said that he would replace the anti bounce part for free if it ever breaks (I didn't ask what other parts he would replace for free).  Maybe they have the same policy on the bolt?  

How many rounds through your bolt?

Dan
Link Posted: 8/10/2003 7:02:42 PM EDT
[#2]
No, I didn't get it through JAC, I got it used in a gun deal.  As such, I have no idea how many rounds it has on it total, I've put on about 3000.  I've ordered another through Rick Kuehl at Kuehl Precision Firearms.  He made the upper that I run it in.
Mario
Link Posted: 8/24/2003 5:22:06 PM EDT
[#3]
I got the new kit from Rick who was the consumate gentleman as usual.  

It is so much nicer than the old one that I had, makes me wonder how old that thing was!

I took it out on Saturday and it ran like a top right out of the box, although I did replace the standard recoil spring with the Tippman M2 .22mag recoil spring that I was using in the old kit.  It just makes the thing hum!

Mario
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top