Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 8/7/2003 6:28:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/9/2003 5:50:42 PM EDT by ratski]
I have the Oly .45 upper. Will be seating it on an Oly lower. It came with 1 modified Uzi 45 mag.

I looked at the Socom Sten magwell adapter and it looks like it should be able to hold an unmodifed Uzi mag in position with a bit of modification to the back of the mag. Either a catch cut in the back or a retaining screw like the Sten mag modification.

Has anyone come up with a way to use Unmodified Uzi mags in the lower? I'd hate to have to renvent the wheel here. I know I can send my Uzi 45 mags to be converted, but then I couldn't easily use them in the Uzi 45 conversion.

Thanks in advance
Link Posted: 8/10/2003 8:53:53 AM EDT
We need an adapter for Thompson or grease gun mags! Those UZI mags are rare as hen's teeth anymore.
Link Posted: 8/10/2003 6:53:21 PM EDT
I agree. Why someone hasn't just designed the magwell of a new reciever around these mags, I'm not sure. OK, so it would have to be post ban configuration, unless it was part of a registered MG, but so what? Doesn't seem like it would be that monumental a task. As to the Uzi mags. I know that they aren't real available. But, I have the 45 conversion for my Uzi also and really don't want to put something on these mags that means I can't readily slip them into the Uzi if I wanted to. Dave
Link Posted: 8/10/2003 7:12:01 PM EDT
Them 45 uzi mags should be out there, as Uzi fellas are using spare lowers and having MAC 10/45 mag wells installed, so they use 30 round M3 mags, 16 is not enough, then switch lowers again and use 9mm mags for 9mm.
Top Top