BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/7/2003 3:29:16 PM EDT
What would you recomend and why?
Link Posted: 8/7/2003 4:23:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Really subjective.  I went with the Kuehl M4 configuration. It should arrive in 4 weeks or so...I'll post pics and range report then.  
I suppose the choices are:
-CZ
-DPMS and I hear they will be offering two more configurations in the near future; one an M4 and one a more traditional look SS barrel.
-Compass Lale Engineering
-Accuracy Speaks
-Kuehl Precision firearms
-Kurts Kustom Firearms
-Fulton Armory
-Bushmaster will have a carbon .22LR out late this year according to their website.

Might have missed a few

It was a toss up between the Kuehl and the KKF for me since I wanted an M4.  I finally went with the Kuehl because the barrel is set back in the reciever giving an overall shorter configuration than the standard 16" M4 type.  I also liked the 14.5" bore length.  I read that 13" is ideal but I don't know that for sure.
Most agree that anything over 16" will begin to affect velocity.  
The total cost of my upper the way I want it will approach $1100.00.  Not for everyone but It is how I wanted it.  Then throw in Lower, stock and grip $350.00.  Then of course there are the KKF faux 30 round clips at $65 a piece...scope scope rings... ooooooooooh

Yup I giving myself one hell of a gift.

Gee I hope my wife doesn't read this.

Link Posted: 8/7/2003 7:50:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Sounds like a great set up.
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 2:01:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Well it definitely sounds cool but I'll have to wait and see.  With these custom kind of things you can't go to your local store and check them all out before buying.  I relyed heavily on this forum for info before buying and still don't really know what I'll have.  
I am excited about it none the less!
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 5:22:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Let me know how it works out when you get it.
Do you know where to find out info on the CZ upper?
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 7:37:03 AM EDT
[#5]
There have been several threads on the CZ uppers.  Do a search and they might still be available.
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 2:21:42 PM EDT
[#6]
I was at Camp Perry this week to visit commercial row, and ended up buying the Fulton Armory Mirage .22 cal upper.  I had to return to Perry the next day to have Clint take a look at it as I was having a problem with it.  Well, he replaced the bolt assembly and I went home and took it to the range.  All I can say is Outstanding.  Accuracy at 100 yards was great (for my eyes) and it never had a hiccup with either Federal or PMC high velocity ammo.  Am ( happy.  Darn right.  Well worth the money for me.  Plus I got 15% off since they were having a sale at Perry.  Now my buddies are beginning to think about them too.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top