Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/27/2003 3:54:34 PM EDT
I'm now officially shopping for a complete 9mm or .45 caliber upper for my AR.

I know there are a number of options, but I don't know much about them.

What I want is a no hassles, no nonsense system that will allow me to switch between .223 and .45 or 9mm without having to touch the trigger group, or make any permanent mods to my lower.

What are my options now?  And how much will they cost, in total?

I'm ready to deal, too, if you have the right package at the right price.

CJ
Link Posted: 7/27/2003 5:12:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Without modifying your lower receiver, you pretty much have to get the Olympic system.  9mm shouldn't be a problem as it is cheap to weld your own mags or get a SOCOM block and use unmodified Sten mags.  The Oly .45 system works just as well as the 9mm system, but you will have to search around for mags and they aren't that cheap.

As far as price goes, I think you are looking at $750-800 for a complete rifle and maybe $550-600 or so for the conversion upper including one magazine.

My Oly 9mm is pretty much stock with an A2 upper.  My Oly PCR-45 has a flat top with a bull barrel, free float aluminum handguard and a Picatinny gas block:

[img]http://www.hunt101.com/img/052832.jpg[/img]
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top