Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/23/2003 7:08:18 PM EDT
Link Posted: 7/24/2003 6:16:32 AM EDT
[#1]
I have a Oly flattop 11.5" upper with FA carrier and sten conversion mag block. So far I love it. It took about 5 mags before it broke in and now it runs like a raped ape! The mag that it came with runs 100%. I'm in the process of tweeking my bulk sten mags that I bought from Tapco. It's a blast to shoot. Quality is first rate!
Link Posted: 7/24/2003 7:06:22 AM EDT
[#2]
I have both the 9mm and .45 ACP conversions.  The 9mm has run flawlessly with both the factory magazine and the Sten/SOCOM mag block combo.  I also bought a used .45 ACP conversion and managed to break the old-style ejector on that one.  Had it replaced with one of their new, beefier ejectors and haven't had a problem since.
Link Posted: 7/24/2003 1:48:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Mine works excellent.  Shooting it again tonight.  The factory mags do not come with a loader.  There are no loaders in stock.  The magazines are all but impossible to load without a loader, but I used a drill press and a small rod to load them.  2 of 4 factory mags were so pitted inside they would not feed, with the follower hanging up in the mag tube.  

I went with the SOCOM mag block and CDNN investment $5 mags.  The mags are exceptional and well finished and have had zero feed  problems.  

At $65 a pop for factory mags, the SOCOM block is paid for after the second CDNN mag is purchased.  

So far, I have about 1000 rounds through mine.  I use 124gr plated reloads and there is very little fouling.  The rifle feeds CORBONS, hydrashoks, lead bullets, etc.  It is a keeper!!!
Link Posted: 7/25/2003 12:29:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I went with the SOCOM mag block and CDNN investment $5 mags.  The mags are exceptional and well finished and have had zero feed  problems.  
View Quote

Having bought quite a few TAPCO mags, you get some excellent, some OK, and some cannot use mags from the specials.  If you guy reconditioned for mroe $$$, then I am sure they are better than the specials, but at a higher cost...  Your choice.
Link Posted: 7/26/2003 9:39:38 PM EDT
[#5]
i also have an oly upper in 9mm. works great, and 5 buck mags from cdnn are the tits.
although i have had one problem while shooting an ipsc match.
i had a faliure to feed, pulled the mag and rolled the rifle to dump the loose round ,stuffed in a freash mag and threw the bolt, BAM , the rounds piggy backed and the bolt must have struck the primer and fired the round.alot of smoke and my right hand stung a bit.after checking the piece out all looked good,and the barrel was clear so i stuffed another mag in her and fired the rest of the match.when i inspected the rifle at home i found no damage and its been running fine.

i do get lucky once in a while
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 7:17:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 9:32:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Curt Blazier is the salesman to deal with. He is professional. The other one is not so good, and I dont like him. The head gunsmith is difficult to get along with, hes not very personable.
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 3:09:30 PM EDT
[#8]
I have over 5k thru mine without a hiccup.My friends did a group purchase a few months back and all are very happy with theirs.
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 9:42:20 AM EDT
[#9]
My .40 S&W upper rocks.

Simply the most enjoyable gun I own.

Link Posted: 8/12/2003 1:24:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Holy Mackrel!!!  Just got my Oly 9mm upper.  I took it to the range and literally drilled the orange dot off the target at 50ft with modest CCI Blazers.  Most of the rounds actually went through the 1/2 inch hole in the middle of the dot.

Fit and finish are perfect, and match 100% with my bushy lower.

It shoots very smooth, perfect performance out of the box. It has slightly more recoil than I anticipated, but it is still really controllable in rapid fire.  As much as any other 9mm carbine I've shot.

I ordered it through atlantic firearms.  They were excellent to deal with if anyone is looking for a place to get one.

This just became my most fun gun.  

Highly recommended.

-- Fargo007

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top