Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 7/23/2003 7:08:18 PM EDT
Link Posted: 7/24/2003 6:16:32 AM EDT
I have a Oly flattop 11.5" upper with FA carrier and sten conversion mag block. So far I love it. It took about 5 mags before it broke in and now it runs like a raped ape! The mag that it came with runs 100%. I'm in the process of tweeking my bulk sten mags that I bought from Tapco. It's a blast to shoot. Quality is first rate!
Link Posted: 7/24/2003 7:06:22 AM EDT
I have both the 9mm and .45 ACP conversions. The 9mm has run flawlessly with both the factory magazine and the Sten/SOCOM mag block combo. I also bought a used .45 ACP conversion and managed to break the old-style ejector on that one. Had it replaced with one of their new, beefier ejectors and haven't had a problem since.
Link Posted: 7/24/2003 1:48:07 PM EDT
Mine works excellent. Shooting it again tonight. The factory mags do not come with a loader. There are no loaders in stock. The magazines are all but impossible to load without a loader, but I used a drill press and a small rod to load them. 2 of 4 factory mags were so pitted inside they would not feed, with the follower hanging up in the mag tube. I went with the SOCOM mag block and CDNN investment $5 mags. The mags are exceptional and well finished and have had zero feed problems. At $65 a pop for factory mags, the SOCOM block is paid for after the second CDNN mag is purchased. So far, I have about 1000 rounds through mine. I use 124gr plated reloads and there is very little fouling. The rifle feeds CORBONS, hydrashoks, lead bullets, etc. It is a keeper!!!
Link Posted: 7/25/2003 12:29:10 AM EDT
Originally Posted By wildearp: I went with the SOCOM mag block and CDNN investment $5 mags. The mags are exceptional and well finished and have had zero feed problems.
View Quote
Having bought quite a few TAPCO mags, you get some excellent, some OK, and some cannot use mags from the specials. If you guy reconditioned for mroe $$$, then I am sure they are better than the specials, but at a higher cost... Your choice.
Link Posted: 7/26/2003 9:39:38 PM EDT
i also have an oly upper in 9mm. works great, and 5 buck mags from cdnn are the tits. although i have had one problem while shooting an ipsc match. i had a faliure to feed, pulled the mag and rolled the rifle to dump the loose round ,stuffed in a freash mag and threw the bolt, BAM , the rounds piggy backed and the bolt must have struck the primer and fired the round.alot of smoke and my right hand stung a bit.after checking the piece out all looked good,and the barrel was clear so i stuffed another mag in her and fired the rest of the match.when i inspected the rifle at home i found no damage and its been running fine. i do get lucky once in a while
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 7:17:33 PM EDT
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 9:32:02 PM EDT
Curt Blazier is the salesman to deal with. He is professional. The other one is not so good, and I dont like him. The head gunsmith is difficult to get along with, hes not very personable.
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 3:09:30 PM EDT
I have over 5k thru mine without a hiccup.My friends did a group purchase a few months back and all are very happy with theirs.
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 9:42:20 AM EDT
My .40 S&W upper rocks. Simply the most enjoyable gun I own.
Link Posted: 8/12/2003 1:24:37 PM EDT
Holy Mackrel!!! Just got my Oly 9mm upper. I took it to the range and literally drilled the orange dot off the target at 50ft with modest CCI Blazers. Most of the rounds actually went through the 1/2 inch hole in the middle of the dot. Fit and finish are perfect, and match 100% with my bushy lower. It shoots very smooth, perfect performance out of the box. It has slightly more recoil than I anticipated, but it is still really controllable in rapid fire. As much as any other 9mm carbine I've shot. I ordered it through atlantic firearms. They were excellent to deal with if anyone is looking for a place to get one. This just became my most fun gun. Highly recommended. -- Fargo007
Top Top