Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 6/29/2003 8:16:02 AM EDT
Can anyone clarify the mag release on these two adapter blocks for me...my understanding is that the standard AR-15 mag button ejects the magazine? I am debating between these two and the VM Hytech mag block fo rthe new lower I bought last night (I coulnd't help it, it was calling my name...I must have EBR disease! )
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 2:46:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/29/2003 2:46:36 PM EDT by SBR7_11]
Colt pattern blocks use the AR mag release to drop the mag.... The VM Hy-Tech block is held in by the AR mag catch, and the plain Uzi mags are retained via the std Uzi mag catch.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 5:18:47 AM EDT
OK, the real question is which is preferable? Using the standard mag catch button but having to nothc $20 mags, or having to learn a different mag release button but not risking damage to the mags?
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 6:35:30 PM EDT
I have had both the Olympic and Colt/RRA style set ups. I prefer the Colt/RRA style, in particular because of the mag change. I have been using 223/5.56 ARs for a couple decades now, and when the mag runs dry, my finger immediately goes after the mag button. On my pre-ban Oly, that had me constantly dropping my mag block. With the Colt/RRA system, changing mags is the exact same action I use in any standard AR. Sluggo
Top Top