Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 6/27/2003 5:47:52 AM EDT
I did a 30 day search, but only saw a few mentions.

How are these working out? There was a mention of poor magazine quality - how many have had problems? How's accuracy and reliability?

My AR hasn't gotten much trigger time lately due to budget reasons, but a .22LR AR would get used weekly!

Thanks...
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 1:33:35 PM EDT
Anyone?
Link Posted: 7/5/2003 7:07:33 PM EDT
Had mine for about 6 months...aside from a bad extractor when I first got it (they replaced it immediatly)..I've already put at least 3000 rounds thru it...not one problem....except for the fact that it weighs a ton....it's been great.
Link Posted: 7/8/2003 2:44:47 PM EDT
I used to have one.....sold it just because I tired of it...it functioned perfectly and was very accurate.........but very heavy
Link Posted: 7/8/2003 3:10:50 PM EDT
Thanks, guys. I wonder if I could have the barrel fluted?
Link Posted: 7/13/2003 8:20:21 AM EDT
I have one that im having the barrel turned down so i can make a carbine out of it and changing the reciever to a A1 and adding a frt sight
Link Posted: 7/13/2003 9:37:09 AM EDT
I'm sure if you sent it to kurt he could easily reprofile the barrel for you...he's lightened barrels for me...does very good work
Link Posted: 7/13/2003 6:28:32 PM EDT
I'm new to this board, and this is my first post. I hope the correct way to join the thread is to reply to the first message. I got one of these (dpms 22lr upper) last week and took it to the range for the first time Thursday (= 10 July) afternoon. It seems to function just fine, which is all I was checking, temperatures here in Central Oklahoma are begining to hit 100 in the aternoons, and so I kept the session short. I was using Remington Golden bulk pack 22LR. Here's 2 questions for experienced owners: 1.) For optics, I took the A3 carry handle & scope off my Bushmaster, since I needed something quickly, and I was using the Bushmaster lower & stock. Of course the scope needed (vertical) rezeroing. I don't plan on this for a permanent arrangement. What scopes/mounts are people using? Is anyone using a red dot? 2.) DPMS included in the box a sling swivel stud and instructions to drill the handguard to install it. Has anyone done this? I'm not interested in slinging it, but I would like to use a bipod?
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 7:56:12 AM EDT
I just purchased the A22 RIFLE, I am deciding on a scope for it. I have always been a Leupold man, they are never cheap. As soon as I can get to the range I'll give a report if you all like.
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 7:57:30 AM EDT
I have a Walther OKO-style red dot I was planning on using, since this is a low recoil application.
Top Top