Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/24/2003 11:10:44 AM EDT
First I tried swapping out the firing pin spring for a much stronger spring, but that didn't help.

I removed the telestock and replaced it with an A2 stock, buffer and spring.  The problem seems to have stopped occurring.  

I am still not certain what the root cause is / was, but at this point I'm just happy to have made the problem go away.
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 11:15:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Was it consistantly doubling, or was it sporadic?
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 11:16:10 AM EDT
[#2]
It is a mystery. I just flipped my firing spring around and it stopped. Am happy but still wonder if this was my problem.
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 12:25:24 PM EDT
[#3]
It might double or triple 3 or 4 times in the course of 20 rounds.  
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 6:16:07 PM EDT
[#4]
I've always used rifle length buffer tubes and a standard rifle buffer in my Olympic 9mm. Still I would think the Olmpic 9 should be able to run with the short buffer tube and buffer. Were you using a heavy 9mm buffer or standard carbine buffer with the telestock?
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 8:10:25 PM EDT
[#5]
It's the standard carbine buffer & spring.
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 8:22:12 PM EDT
[#6]
I guess it'll be a mystery problem. Glad you got it going better though.
Link Posted: 7/8/2003 9:08:43 AM EDT
[#7]
I recently was  cleaning my oly and was checking out the spring bar that runs across
the upper by ejection port the metal bar sticks up and rub against the bolt. I believe this is to slow bolt down when returning to chamber.
I bent it a little farther up and have not had a doubling since.

hope this helps
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top