Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 6/23/2003 3:46:39 PM EDT
Anybody put a lot of rounds through a OA .45 upper yet? I am wondering how the spring wire ejector mounted in the receiver holds up. Like if it is prone to breaking or enlarging the pin holes.
Also, I am going to replace the upper with a flat top. Should I wait and see what kind of mag blocks become available before modifying a new flat top? The block seems like a nicer place for the ejector.
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 2:20:56 PM EDT
Put about 2000 rounds thru my 45 before the ejector broke. I bought it used but I believe the previous owner didn't put that many thru it before me. Bought a new heavier spring from Oly that had to be fitted. They said the heavier spring would last longer. The guy fron support said it should last 3 times the length of the original. The new spring made the carbine very fussy about ammo. With the old spring the gun would eat anything, with the new spring I had to use ball, jhp, or truncated cone for reliably. Could use swc before which made it cheaper to shoot, but that is a different story.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 2:16:10 PM EDT
Thanks for the info, detbob. I wonder now if they are putting the heavier part in the new uppers and if I already have it. I guess I will try it out for a while before adapting a flat top. Unfortunatly, OA's flat top version is not what I want.
Top Top