Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/13/2003 11:30:32 AM EDT
I just received a new CAR and have a lube question.  The bolt carrier was heavily coated with grease.  I wiped some of it off and it works well, but is grease the recommended lube?  There was no mention of it in the manual.

I have about 200 rounds down the pipe and this gun is a keeper!!!  Functioning is flawless with reload 124 grn fmj, and new Corbon 115 jhp, and Federal 124 gr hydrashock.
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 2:05:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I just received a new CAR and have a lube question.  The bolt carrier was heavily coated with grease.  I wiped some of it off and it works well, but is grease the recommended lube?  There was no mention of it in the manual.

I have about 200 rounds down the pipe and this gun is a keeper!!!  Functioning is flawless with reload 124 grn fmj, and new Corbon 115 jhp, and Federal 124 gr hydrashock.
View Quote

When you clean you carrier/bolt, clean it off, otherwise leave it on there.
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 9:51:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Sorry, but Huh?  

Is the correct lube grease or CLP?

Thanks
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 8:05:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Use the CLP, they use grease at factory because it clings well and they dont know when the gun will get its next cleaning, besides they have buckets of the stuff,lol.

Heres another tip, order extra extractors and extractor springs and extractor spring buffers (little blue plastic buffers that sit inside of spring) as these parts are the weak parts in the system. Also get an extra ejector spring and pin, it cannot hurt to have extras either.

Fritze Out
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 9:01:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Excellent, thanks.
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 11:11:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Again, good call.  The grease really caked up quick with powder residue, and it was a beeehautch to clean.  Lubing with CLP looks like it will run forever.  Hardly any build up after 200 rounds.  Looks like the Oly mags may be breaking in. No failures to feed in the last 4 mags.  
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top