Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 6/6/2003 2:36:58 PM EDT
I will most likely throw together a 9mm AR. I'm looking at the RRA colt style upper, now on the issue concerning mags I have looked over the thread on using sten mags with this system and I have two questions; are the sten mags very durable? I must confess that I have never bothered to examin any of them when I have been at a gunshow. And Iam still not sure on which way to go magblock wise. Thank you in advance for your help.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 4:25:39 PM EDT
Originally Posted By DamnYankee: I will most likely throw together a 9mm AR. I'm looking at the RRA colt style upper, now on the issue concerning mags I have looked over the thread on using sten mags with this system and I have two questions; are the sten mags very durable? I must confess that I have never bothered to examin any of them when I have been at a gunshow. And Iam still not sure on which way to go magblock wise. Thank you in advance for your help.
View Quote
STEN mags kick ass. They are robust, reliable, plentiful, and cheap. Go with the two-piece STEN block setup the boys here have put together. You won't look back.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 4:37:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/6/2003 4:38:25 PM EDT by HighlandMac]
The Sten mag setup rules!! You can get ~30 Sten mags for what it would cost to get 1 Colt mag!! The Sten mags are tough as nails and feed perfectly!! You wont be sorry going with a Sten mag setup. [beer] If you need the word file with pictures to show how to modify a 2 piece adapter send me an email and I will send you a copy.
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 12:29:14 PM EDT
Originally Posted By HighlandMac: The Sten mag setup rules!! You can get ~30 Sten mags for what it would cost to get 1 Colt mag!! The Sten mags are tough as nails and feed perfectly!! You wont be sorry going with a Sten mag setup. [beer] If you need the word file with pictures to show how to modify a 2 piece adapter send me an email and I will send you a copy.
View Quote
Highland, the emailing is over now!!! Quarterbore hosted the most current version of the Word file on his site (has your addition too). Here is link- [url]http://quarterbore.com/ar15m16/colt2stenmags.html[/url] I added a bit more info since the version you received.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 3:35:38 PM EDT
Thanks a bunch guys! I'll see about scarin'up some mags and parts.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 4:39:41 PM EDT
Hey, Sten mags are really tough, and with a few rounds left in one, you can leave the nightstick behind. Crack someone with a half-loaded or more sten mag, and they're gonna feel it!
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 10:32:05 AM EDT
Originally Posted By manowar669: Hey, Sten mags are really tough, and with a few rounds left in one, you can leave the nightstick behind. Crack someone with a half-loaded or more sten mag, and they're gonna feel it!
View Quote
That's true...they're heavy half loaded....much more when fully loaded.
Top Top