Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 5/10/2003 8:23:58 AM EDT
I am thinking of having a 9mm barrel made that is 16" in length and .936/1" at the muzzle so i can use a DPMS bull barrel A2 front site. then having it backbored so there is only 10" of rifling. anyone had this done or seen it done, what are your thoughts? I am also leaning towards assembling it in dissipator format. anyone done this or seen a 9mm AR dissipator?
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 11:44:28 AM EDT
It's going to be heavy, but can be done. Why not just go SBR route? Making a barrel for the 9mm Colt pattern is straight forward though.
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 2:05:34 PM EDT
If you're concerned about sight radius buy a match rear and front sight aperture, or pick up a nice dot sight. I had problems with grouping too but then I tried the above. Made a big difference.
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 9:28:40 PM EDT
my plan is to thin the front 6" out as much as possible and to flute the 10" over the rifling. this should reduce the weight enough. I also like the A2 length handguards more. it isn't really a sight radius issue. i do plan on building an SBR, but i am in the process of moving back to MN from CA. the prob is that i will be moving to an interim apt there. i want to wait til i find a more permanent place before i start the process. also if i find a couple of places i'm more likely to get the place with a "friendly" CLEO.
Top Top