Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 5/4/2003 11:42:36 PM EDT
Had been considering a carbine upper in .45acp, but looked at a couple at the gunshow this weekend, and they where very diffrent. Hardly even recognised the bolt and carrier components, and one wasn't the same as the other. That's when I realized these are completely diffrent from the AR's that I'm familiar with. What should I know about these things, before I run out an try to choose one.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 4:56:14 AM EDT
I am wondering the same thing, wanting to build one up or buy complete, I don't care, just dont know where to start. What brand to get, how to alter mags, etc.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 4:03:43 PM EDT
Bought a complete OLY PC-45 carbine. Very happy with it so far (approx 400 rounds thru it). The modified UZI mags ARE expensive ($65 ea), but so far have worked just fine (have 1 10rd and 4 16rd). Yeah, they are "ugly" looking too. Have fired both factory ammo and my own handloads (all 230 gr) with no problems. Want to get my hands on a cronograph to check out cartridge performance.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 9:50:57 AM EDT
Are the modified Uzi mags originally 9mm or .45?
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 10:46:36 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Javak: Are the modified Uzi mags originally 9mm or .45?
View Quote
.41AE or .45ACP mags will work with the Oly system.
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 11:38:55 AM EDT
Kurt made a Colt style 45 upper. Bascially he uses a 9mm bolt, opens it up and put a 45 barrel in. He has one that uses a normal 9mm block (UZI mags bascilally). I've toyed w/ my custom Sten block and the sten mags will load 45 ACP. BUT, they have to be the flap point bullets, not round nose. So if I ever wanted, I could get the upper from Kurt. Now, when the new MkII Cav 15's come out, they will be able to accept GG mags in the mag well. It is just a matter of making a two piece mag block to use w/ a Colt style 45 upper.
Top Top