Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/4/2003 11:42:36 PM EDT
Had been considering a carbine upper in .45acp, but looked at a couple at the gunshow this weekend, and they where very diffrent. Hardly even recognised the bolt and carrier components, and one wasn't the same as the other. That's when I realized these are completely diffrent from the AR's that I'm familiar with. What should I know about these things, before I run out an try to choose one.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 4:56:14 AM EDT
[#1]
I am wondering the same thing, wanting to build one up or buy complete, I don't care, just dont know where to start. What brand to get, how to alter mags, etc.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 4:03:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Bought a complete OLY PC-45 carbine. Very happy with it so far (approx 400 rounds thru it). The modified UZI mags ARE expensive ($65 ea), but so far have worked just fine (have 1 10rd and 4 16rd). Yeah, they are "ugly" looking too. Have fired both factory ammo and my own handloads (all 230 gr) with no problems. Want to get my hands on a cronograph to check out cartridge performance.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 9:50:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Are the modified Uzi mags originally 9mm or .45?
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 10:46:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Are the modified Uzi mags originally 9mm or .45?
View Quote

.41AE or .45ACP mags will work with the Oly system.
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 11:38:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Kurt made a Colt style 45 upper.  Bascially he uses a 9mm bolt, opens it up and put a 45 barrel in.  He has one that uses a normal 9mm block (UZI mags bascilally).

I've toyed w/ my custom Sten block and the sten mags will load 45 ACP.  BUT, they have to be the flap point bullets, not round nose.  So if I ever wanted, I could get the upper from Kurt.

Now, when the new MkII Cav 15's come out, they will be able to accept GG mags in the mag well.  It is just a matter of making a two piece mag block to use w/ a Colt style 45 upper.

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top