Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 11/26/2002 5:16:06 PM EDT
Just received socom sten mag block and tried it in the socom receiver I am building into 9mm. It has a loose fit not bad, but I want a rock solid fit. What is the best way. Roll pin side to side or possibly a anterior posterior recessed bolt thru the block into the trigger area? Any ideas? Thanks.
Link Posted: 11/27/2002 12:28:10 AM EDT
I wouldn't worry about it too much (ESPECIALLY if it is on a Pre-ban lower), the looseness should not affect function. The Sten mags tend to be a bit sloppy in the mag well anyways. Luckily, the Oly 9mm system is reliable and isn't finicky about that stuff like some AR15 uppers are.
Link Posted: 11/27/2002 7:23:17 AM EDT
I second what Glockamolee says. Don't worry about it. It will function fine. I love my Oly 9mm. I have it on a RRA lower and it functions perfect. Don't worry about the wobble. Max
Link Posted: 11/27/2002 6:20:58 PM EDT
Thanks for your input. Have a good Thanksgiving, and god bless.
Link Posted: 11/27/2002 7:30:20 PM EDT
I just got my Oly upper in today. I noticed the same thing with the mags. I have to say that I only had ONE misfeed on the very first round. After that, it was nooooo problem at all. One would think that with the looseness that there would be problems-no such issue here.
Top Top