Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/7/2002 11:20:40 PM EDT
Does anyone have one of these mag blocks.  On their web site they show just the rear mag block is that what you get for the $74.95.  Does it work good?

Six
Link Posted: 10/8/2002 11:59:04 AM EDT
[#1]
No, no, no.

Reason:  The Block is by Model 1 and a member here (AR-fan; not sure if that's the "correct" spelling of handle) contacted them.  They told him that the Galati block is made for a 9mm upper that they sell and will not work w/ the Colt style (ie RRA, ASA and factory Colt).

What you need is something like this:

photos.yahoo.com/bc/wazzu98grad/lst?&.dir=/Sten+project&.src=ph&.begin=9999&.view=t&.order=&.done=http%3a//photos.yahoo.com/bc/wazzu98grad/lst%3f%26.dir=/Sten%2bproject%26.src=ph%26.view=t More pics on this link ^

That's a custom Sten block for use in the Colt Style 9mm set up.  Works great (that's mine in the pic).  Four of us here on Ar15.com have one (each built our own).  The tacky on the forum here (one of two) talks about it....
Link Posted: 10/8/2002 12:18:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Nice signoff Rainbowsix.
Link Posted: 10/8/2002 12:47:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Kaliburz is right. I called Galati and they told me that Model 1 made the block. I called Model 1 and they told me that the block was designed to work with their 9mm version only. At the time Galati advertised that the mag block allowed the use of sten mags in colts. I called them back and told them this was not correct and should change their add but I guess that never happened!

By the way Kaliburz, that's a nice block setup you have there.
Link Posted: 10/8/2002 1:15:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks guys, you helped me dodge that bullet.  I am going to buy the two piece block and machine it to fit my sten mags but I can't decide weather to go with the colt roll pin type or the set screw type. I want to eventually dedicate a lower to just the 9mm but don't have the funds yet.  Any suggestions?

Thanks
Rainbowsix

PS.: sorry sixgun
Link Posted: 10/8/2002 1:28:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Nobody roll pins anymore - even Colt has gone to a new 1-pc block design on current production.
Link Posted: 10/8/2002 6:30:06 PM EDT
[#6]
The block lists for 120 in Brownells and they're the only ones I know of that have a 2 piece block.

FFL price is about 80 or 85 I think...
Link Posted: 10/9/2002 6:27:19 AM EDT
[#7]
Circuits:

Hey, I resemble that remark! :-) I pinned the 2-piece blocks into my lower b/c the setscrews just wouldn't stay put under rapid fire. Nothing like pulling the mag out and having the rear block come with it... in the middle of a 3-gun match. :-P

No problems since pinning the blocks in, of course.

Link Posted: 10/9/2002 9:47:17 AM EDT
[#8]
shooter:  Whatever works for you, man, and keeps you happy!  :)

Perhaps I should restate that to "no commercial manufacturer uses pinned-in mag blocks any more" - no offense intended to our BIY members.
Link Posted: 10/16/2002 3:53:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Kaliburz, can you please e-mail me about the mag blocks in the pics. Need more info.
SorryOciffer
Link Posted: 10/16/2002 5:01:57 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Kaliburz, can you please e-mail me about the mag blocks in the pics. Need more info.
SorryOciffer

Me too!  I'm really interested in setting mine up like this.  That teaser for KKF, does that mean Kurt is entertaining the idea of producing and selling them?  I'll buy if he does!
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top