Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/3/2002 9:41:16 AM EDT
We tried out the new Ciener kit this weekend. 100+ rounds with the first AR and no problems except for a couple of times the spent case got jammed in the bolt.

Dropped it in the second AR and "click." Second strike, "click." New round "click." Put it back in the first AR, "bang." Load the mag back up "bang, bang, bang." Put it back in the second AR, "click, click, click." Cleaned it good, still didn't work.

It appears that the JP trigger and speed hammer are the problem. The hammer spring on the JP seems to be lighter than the other one. The other AR has had a trigger job (including milling off part of the hammer to lighten it, but not as much as the JP hammer) but still has the factory parts.

Anybody else have this problem? Can I just put the original hammer spring back in, or do I need to go back to the original hammer too?
Link Posted: 9/7/2002 10:42:12 AM EDT
My JP trigger/speed hammer/yellow "J" spring doesn't work with my USAF .22 conversion. I haven't tried it with my Ceiner kit, but I assume that wouldn't work either. I haven't tried switching to the original "J" spring, but if you try it, let me know how it works.
Link Posted: 9/9/2002 8:14:28 AM EDT
Is the "J" spring the main hammer spring, or is there a second spring? I had a 'smith do the installation on the JP so I'm not really familiar with the mechanism.

Both the trigger spring and the hammer spring are yellow. From what I read here I think swapping out the yellow hammer spring for the factory one should work. Am I correct in assuming that all of the adjustments would stay the same? I haven't measured the pull, but I wouldn't want it any lighter so I can live with an extra pound if that's what the spring change adds.
Link Posted: 9/9/2002 10:23:11 AM EDT
Yep, the J-spring is the hammer spring. I would assume the adjustments would stay the same too, since all you're changing is to a heavier spring, not the sear geometry. It will probably add a little weight to the trigger pull, but not much, maybe a pound or two.
Top Top