Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/30/2002 10:10:01 PM EDT
Ok..I need a pic of a modified .223 hammer that will work with the RR 9mm upper. I've seen the bighammer.net pics but they aren't what I need. I need to see an actual .223 hammer that has been modified. I do have a RR 9mm Hammer, but the sear has lots of creep. My .223 hammer is much more acceptable, thus my reason to wanting to modify it.

So anyone with a pic of a modified .223 hammer please Email it to me or post.

Thanks
Red
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 10:53:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Buy a M-16 hammer, and cut the rear section off.
Link Posted: 9/6/2002 11:29:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/6/2002 12:47:52 PM EDT
[#3]
DRAWING MIGHT BE FOUND AT:

WWW.BIGGERHAMMER.COM

IF I REMEMBER RIGHT?
Link Posted: 9/6/2002 1:08:36 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

WWW.BIGGERHAMMER.COM

IF I REMEMBER RIGHT?

Quoted:
I've seen the bighammer.net pics but they aren't what I need.

Hmm?
Link Posted: 9/6/2002 3:50:44 PM EDT
[#5]
I've heard that the colt style 9mm gives off trigger slap.  Is that due to the funky look'in hammer?
Link Posted: 9/6/2002 10:21:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the pics and the information!

I tried modifying my AR hammer and then after a period of uncertainty I decided to have another look at my 9mm hammer. I ended up doing some very judicious polishing and ended up with a serviceable trigger. Very acceptable for a military trigger.

My original modification did not cut down the top of the hammer enough, so I had to break out the plastic spatula to push the hammer down so I could get the bolt to go back forward so I could disassemble the rifle. Oh well...It needs a little more grounded off, but that will end up being a rainy day project.

Now for my mag block and mags to get in...I hate being at the mercy of the Postman!!

Good SHooting
RED
Link Posted: 9/7/2002 9:24:42 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

WWW.BIGGERHAMMER.COM

IF I REMEMBER RIGHT?

close, it is actually, www.biggerhammer.net and you were correct there is a M16/AR15 hammer ID page.

-psywar
Link Posted: 9/11/2002 11:52:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Sorry, I was working off of my memory....................and that was many beers ago.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top