Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/18/2019 11:59:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Goofed up  see next post
Link Posted: 4/19/2019 12:03:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the pics Rkangel777. Everything I have used and all that I have on hand are Gen 1. I'm going to ktch onto some Gen2's and give them a try.
Link Posted: 4/19/2019 12:09:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Where are you finding spikes for $40? Just looking.

Thanks
View Quote
Spike LPK w/o FCG
Link Posted: 4/19/2019 12:12:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Honestly..............just watch the threads/boards here.  We will let you know.   Lots of companies making good shit. Buy on sale.
Link Posted: 4/19/2019 3:18:28 AM EDT
[#5]
View Quote
PA occaisionally has those kits for $35... i stock up when they do.
Link Posted: 4/19/2019 3:56:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
PSA LPK with an ALG ACT trigger
View Quote
This is what I use and prefer, but I really don't know if PSA LPK's are the end-all, be-all as much as just reliable.
Link Posted: 4/19/2019 3:59:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I cant believe no one said this. It was the staple answer last time I was active on here a few years ago.

https://www.redbarnarmory.com/Build-Your-Own-Custom-AR15-Lower-Parts-Kit-LPK-p/rbacustomar15lpk.htm
View Quote
One of the few upgraded parts I'd want isn't even listed as an option.
Link Posted: 4/22/2019 10:20:40 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

PSA has 2 offerings, from 2 separate sources. 1 kit contains Schmidt Tool components, the other...?

You cannot be sure which you will receive when ordering. PSA has stated that both are sourced from OEM suppliers, but the components are not apples/apples in my experience.

I've gotten out of spec selectors and discos, detents with burrs, and fubar springs in kits from PSA. The good is, PSA will stand behind anything that there is an issue with.
View Quote
It's posts like this that start getting to the core of the information.  I'd like to know the actual shops that make LPK's (not the shops that market them).
Link Posted: 4/22/2019 2:58:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 4/22/2019 4:40:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

One kit contains Schmidt Tool components, the other, I do not know.

Eta: INFO LINK
View Quote
re-reading it, it looks like there's only one LPK supplier, but two FCG suppliers. in this post he says that they have two kits....classic with EPT and the classic with mil-spec FCG group, and that the only difference is the mfger of the trigger.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/Industry/-ARCHIVED-THREAD-PSA-LPKS/301-289504/?page=2#i3404703
Link Posted: 4/22/2019 6:07:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 4/22/2019 8:13:16 PM EDT
[#12]
maybe, I was just going off what Josiah said. I haven't looked closely enough at my LPKs (outside of FCGs) to notice. I've really been into the SOLGW and Sionics LPKs without FCG and have been REALLY liking them.
Link Posted: 4/22/2019 8:53:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 4/22/2019 9:53:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Yeah, been liking the sound of Sionics more every week. About time to try a lpk and barrel, I'm thinking.
View Quote
+1 on Sionics

Their LPK is what you'd expect, Colt quality. I'm certain they are sourced from the same vendor.

Sionics is on the short list of companies I buy from these days.
Link Posted: 4/22/2019 11:07:20 PM EDT
[#15]
I think aero lpk are hard to beat for the money
Link Posted: 4/22/2019 11:32:19 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Yeah, been liking the sound of Sionics more every week. About time to try a lpk and barrel, I'm thinking.
View Quote
it's good stuff. I finished a build with near 100% sionics parts (one of their uppers, BCGs, lowers except for furniture and a Guessele trigger) and it's a wicked build. fit and finish is every bit as good as BCM and the like. good solid stuff.

I only live a few minutes away from them, so I can just go in and pick up stuff when it's ready
Link Posted: 4/22/2019 11:38:19 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

+1 on Sionics

Their LPK is what you'd expect, Colt quality. I'm certain they are sourced from the same vendor.

Sionics is on the short list of companies I buy from these days.
View Quote
yeah, I've compared sionics to BCM to Colt and they're damn near indistinguishable. ONLY thing I don't like about Sionics is they use a 1 1/4th inch grip screw in their LPKs, which can cause issue of intruding into the receiver with some grips (not a wild deal, I have a billion 1 inch screws from ace hardware just for that reason). SOLGW is another really good place as they use Schmidt parts and KNS detents for all their LPKs
Link Posted: 4/22/2019 11:40:55 PM EDT
[#18]
Aero Parts Kit

I'll just leave that here.....
Link Posted: 4/23/2019 7:03:35 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

yeah, I've compared sionics to BCM to Colt and they're damn near indistinguishable. ONLY thing I don't like about Sionics is they use a 1 1/4th inch grip screw in their LPKs, which can cause issue of intruding into the receiver with some grips (not a wild deal, I have a billion 1 inch screws from ace hardware just for that reason). SOLGW is another really good place as they use Schmidt parts and KNS detents for all their LPKs
View Quote
Indeed. The grip screw is also my only gripe; I noticed it almost immediately.

+1 on SOLGW. I can't speak to their LPK, but I've been happy with the quality of everything I've ordered from them. They too are on the short list of companies I buy from these days.
Link Posted: 4/23/2019 10:02:43 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Indeed. The grip screw is also my only gripe; I noticed it almost immediately.

+1 on SOLGW. I can't speak to their LPK, but I've been happy with the quality of everything I've ordered from them. They too are on the short list of companies I buy from these days.
View Quote
I have used both Sionics and SOLGW lower parts kits.  Both are great quality

SOLGW uses KNS detents which are nice and everything else is Schmidt.  I use them or Sionics depending on what i need.  The advantage to SOLGW is they have a wide variety of other products.   Their lower parts kits also allow you to add different triggers and parts from FCD etc which is nice at times

@tigwelder1971 I really like their barrels.  They are priced right for chrome lined and my samples are accurate.  I prefer chrome over nitride etc and like these over Green Mountain (which are great) because they are gassed right and have an extra QC process (they are radio-graphed) for around the same price
Link Posted: 4/23/2019 10:36:40 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 6/15/2019 11:33:06 PM EDT
[#22]
Anyone use the "Right To Bear" LPKs? They're a site sponsor and I ran across an EE ad of theirs with a link to their site where you can pick and choose what parts of an LPK you want. Which is exactly what I need for my current build, since I won't need a grip, FCG or safety. Reviews on their site are great, but (no offense to RTB) I don't personally trust reviews on vendor websites.
Link Posted: 6/16/2019 10:46:25 AM EDT
[#23]
I've used a lot of parts from RTB.  I haven't used their configurable LPK kit, but I have used many of the parts individually.  All have been GTG.

Stand up company for everything I've ever ordered from them.
Link Posted: 6/16/2019 11:12:29 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I've used a lot of parts from RTB.  I haven't used their configurable LPK kit, but I have used many of the parts individually.  All have been GTG.

Stand up company for everything I've ever ordered from them.
View Quote
Good to know. Thanks.
Link Posted: 6/16/2019 10:01:43 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Good to know. Thanks.
View Quote
RTB is good to go. The owner posts here frequently and if you have any questions just go to their industry forum or contact via their site. I have bought a lot of stuff there and CS is top notch along with fast shipping

I have only tried one of their lpk on a build a helped a buddy with, but everything was gtg. he was able to add the parts he wanted mainly ambi selector, trigger, and standard "Milspec" parts were all fine. No deformed detents etc
Link Posted: 6/24/2019 4:53:20 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
RTB is good to go. The owner posts here frequently and if you have any questions just go to their industry forum or contact via their site. I have bought a lot of stuff there and CS is top notch along with fast shipping

I have only tried one of their lpk on a build a helped a buddy with, but everything was gtg. he was able to add the parts he wanted mainly ambi selector, trigger, and standard "Milspec" parts were all fine. No deformed detents etc
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good to know. Thanks.

I ended up ordering some parts from their "Build Your Own LPK" option. Also got a buffer tube kit and low-pro gas block from them while I was at it. My order arrived 2 days after ordering.

Everything looks good. Haven't assembled the lower yet, though.
Link Posted: 6/25/2019 2:08:44 AM EDT
[#27]
Cmmg
Link Posted: 7/15/2019 11:10:49 PM EDT
[#28]
Daniel Defense and LMT have a few parts that are nicer than some you may find in Colt kits.

DD, LMT, BCM, Colt, will all have top notch stuff, though.

Aero and Stag are fine; I prefer Aero over Stag/CMT

RRA was fine last time I used their parts, but it was a long time ago.

Haven't used any others in a long time, but there are *lots* of decent parts kits on the market.

A lot of the kits have parts from the same sources.   Some parts are consistently crappy on cheap kits, like disconnectors and trigger guards.
Link Posted: 8/12/2019 10:59:24 PM EDT
[#29]
Used to use Stags,now only CMMG
Link Posted: 8/12/2019 11:10:36 PM EDT
[#30]
WOwee how times change around here. I have been a member here for a pretty long time now. I was building my first ARs way back and asked about lower parts kit. I suggested I wanted to buy CMMG and I was told that stuff was junk.

Ignored all that nonsense here and found other places that knew CMMG was good stuff even back then, and recommended it.. Needless to say I bought CMMG  anyway and never had a problem. I was being told you need this high end kit and that high end kit, Colt stuff and on and on. Milspec this and that.

I was even told way back that RR was Garbage, Not Milspec and all that crapola too. Times sure are a changing here.

I have used many CMMG kits and many of their other products, all were good.
Link Posted: 8/13/2019 1:41:13 PM EDT
[#31]
SOLGW
Link Posted: 10/14/2019 8:15:17 AM EDT
[#32]
Sionics with the NP3 coated mil-spec trigger. Seems like the same parts that Colt sources on their parts. I also appreciate the excellent customer service from the guys at Sionics. The last two builds I used parts and BCG’s from them. I finally stopped obsessing over the “has to be mil-spec parkerized” crap and got the NP3 BCG’s. So much easier to clean (and looks kinda cool too).
Link Posted: 10/14/2019 8:22:56 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote
I love PSA, but their LPKs suck.
Link Posted: 10/22/2019 11:41:21 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I must’ve lucked out then
Link Posted: 10/23/2019 12:54:54 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
We have a fully customizable LPK that many Arfcomers have been happy with

https://www.righttobear.com/AR15-lower-parts-kits-assemblies-s/1825.htm
View Quote
Thanks. Will check em out.
Link Posted: 10/24/2019 12:45:23 AM EDT
[#36]
+1 for Aero LPK with grip and TG.
Link Posted: 10/25/2019 12:33:13 AM EDT
[#37]
SOLGW / Sionics are all I use now...
Link Posted: 10/25/2019 9:00:04 AM EDT
[#38]
Anyone have experience with the B Kings enhanced lpk?  I ordered one of their lower packages and just curious what to expect when I install. How’s the trigger?
Link Posted: 10/29/2019 10:28:03 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Strike  is the best I have used.
View Quote
This and CMMG is a close second.

I like the Strike Bolt catch.  The enhanced lower paddle is a true improvement.
Link Posted: 11/20/2019 8:31:27 PM EDT
[#40]
Have been pleased with Aero lpk so far.  Will have to check out some of the others that you all have mentioned.
Link Posted: 12/4/2019 9:51:31 PM EDT
[#41]
CMMG is my go to LPK
Link Posted: 12/5/2019 9:12:02 AM EDT
[#42]
Odin Works...….all machined parts, no MIM
Link Posted: 12/5/2019 2:29:41 PM EDT
[#43]
This is the way

https://www.primaryarms.com/sons-of-liberty-gun-works-blaster-starter-ar-15-lower-builder-kit-no-fire-control

Can't be beat for $25.99
Link Posted: 12/26/2019 10:27:21 PM EDT
[#44]
The first Sionics part I bought was an end plate with QD socket. That thing was so damn tight on the receiver extension that I had to walk it on with a rubber mallet. This made capturing the takedown pin detent spring much more difficult than it should have been. I got it on, staked it, and it's fine. But it was a little undersized. Handful of standard end plates slid on normally over the same receiver extension (Aero). Havent purchased anything else from them, but I'm sure I got a fluke.
Link Posted: 2/16/2020 6:29:29 PM EDT
[#45]
I’ve used BCM, Aero, Larue (came with an UU), and most recently ERGO. I worked with (but don’t own) kits with CMMG & geissele. In terms of value (quality/cost) I think the Aero was the best I’ve handled. The ERGO may be a good value if you plan to replace the safety with ambi /45 degree and want anti walk pins- as it came with those parts. I’d be very interested to try the SOLGW based on recommendations of the experienced members here.
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 12:57:04 AM EDT
[#46]
I actually ordered the build your own lpk from righttobear today before reading about them here. Came across them after searching and like I could get what I wanted and nothing I didn’t need
Link Posted: 3/13/2020 7:02:42 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote
What is it you do not like about them?
Link Posted: 3/13/2020 11:36:29 AM EDT
[#48]
Joe Bob's

RRA
Link Posted: 4/10/2020 11:23:49 AM EDT
[#49]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Basics
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top