Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Basics
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/18/2017 1:41:15 PM EDT
thought I would post here because I know absolutely nothing about buffers except the difference between rifle and carbine length.
I'm throwing together a new sort of KISS rifle out of a few leftover parts I have.
running  16" 1-7 barrel  I am using a Colt BCG from a 6920, the lower is PSA with mil-spec tube...  I have had no issues yet but reading about all the different buffers and why I got a little confused, can someone in simple terms ( I'm an AK guy) tell me about buffer weight and what would be best or most reliable for my new little carbine... thanks.
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 1:58:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 3:43:42 PM EDT
[#2]
I always run the standard carbine buffer unless there is a need to go heavier.  I actually encounter more problems with cheap buffer springs losing tension than I do with picking the "wrong" buffer weight.  A good quality spring and a carbine or H buffer will likely not give you any problems.
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 7:49:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Standard carbine or H will be fine you may feel a softer recoil with a H buffer. I run carbine buffers in both my rifles both 16" midlength one is Faxon Socom and the other is a PSA Pencile.
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 9:37:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Carbine length or mid-length gas?
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 4:55:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Carbine length or mid-length gas?
View Quote
sorry, Carbine length gas system.
Link Posted: 9/19/2017 10:32:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Page AR-15 » AR Basics
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top