Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/14/2017 10:10:54 PM EDT
Model 1 Sales

Don't hear much about them on this site....

They have what appears to be true 20" A2 uppers and barrels...

Their barrels are advertised as 1/7 chrome lined govt profile and look to be no ban.  Made by ER Shaw but I've got to assume is 4140 being that 4150 or vanadium is not mentioned.  Also not mentioned is whether or not there are M4 ramps and whether the FSB is F stamped or standard.

Anyone have any insight?  Is there a reason M1S is not mentioned much here?
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 11:54:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Have an M1S A2 kit from about 10 years ago, fwiw.  I like it fine.  

I would put up a picture, but can't get that function to work.   I have to get past the low post count thing, so maybe in a few years.
Link Posted: 10/15/2017 6:49:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Call them up- they are very helpful. I have bought a lot of parts and kits from them for over 10 years.
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 10:01:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Call them up- they are very helpful. I have bought a lot of parts and kits from them for over 10 years.
View Quote
Same here. Never had an issue with any of their barrels or barreled uppers.
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 2:57:35 PM EDT
[#4]
I have always had good luck when buying from Model One using their web site. Buying from the owner at a gun show is a different story. The last two times (both the Spring Shoot and Fall Shot at Knob Creek), the owner jacks up his price from what he sells for on the internet. Same story each time. "These are getting hard to find, so I have to charge more".
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 7:48:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Model 1 and M&A parts are the greasy used car salesmen of AR parts.

I remember when they used ROLL PINS to secure the front sight base.

you'd ask  -   " who makes these barrels ?"

they'd always say "FN"

Link Posted: 10/17/2017 10:57:54 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

they'd always say "FN"

View Quote
I got an A2 chrome lined 1/7 way back in 99. Void of all markings. Had a cast FSB, which I had replaced with a forged one.  I always wondered who actually made it.
Link Posted: 10/17/2017 2:09:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I have always had good luck when buying from Model One using their web site.
View Quote
I haven't bought anything from them since 2011 but I noticed now it's a $75 or so up charge for an A-2 upper as opposed to a flat top.
But their adds in Shotgun News doesn't reflect this. Anyone else notice this?

As for their barrels, mine is going well after six years. Unfortunately I didn't keep an accurate round count.
Link Posted: 10/17/2017 2:36:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

they'd always say "FN"

View Quote
I know I bought a barrel in 2004 and I've had the fsb off and it used straight pins. I don't know what they use now, but back in the day it wasn't that rair to use roll pin because it was hard to find real AR parts.
I've bought a bit of stuff from M1S, actually most recently I bought a bunch of A2 rear sight components because the "kit" I got from Brownells was missing small parts. The thing about model 1 is that they used to be the go to place for AR parts, but today their prices aren't cheap and they pretty much only sell old school stuff. No 15" keymod rails, or anything like that. They're not a bad company and if they have what you want, like an A2 upper, go for it.
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 11:13:27 AM EDT
[#9]
The A2 stock spacers, trigger guards, and delta rings tend to be plastic rather than aluminum. The A2 stocks themselves are the low quality type with the white interior. Other parts such as bolt catch and take down pins are OK. My experience with them at gun shows is fine, but you need to know what you are buying.
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 9:28:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Good folks. These guys were in the biz when 95% of those in the biz today were born. The owners father owned a company called NESSARD. When i was a kid, if you were working on ARs, you were buying outta the Shotgun News from NESSARD.
When NESSARD closed, the old man had 2 daughters. Each daughter went and started their own company. Model 1 Sales and M&APARTS. All parties involved are quality people.
Cool thing, neither company resembles the other even their inventory is different.
I have bought from both for getting onto 25 years now. Sadly Billy doesnt come to the Tulsa Wannamaker show anymore.
Wish i woulda had some money back when their daddy was in the biz.
Buy with confidence.
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 9:39:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Archived Thread - M&A parts attacks customer at gunshow and customer goes Darth Vader on him

https://www.ar15.com/forums/manageReply.html?a=modify&b=3&f=127&t=718943&tl=Model-1-Sales&r=7535033&page=1

I lurk here all the time and finally registered after going to the Reliant Gun Show in Houston yesterday. I have never seen anything like this. I had my two boys there with me and we witnessed the M&A guy attack a customer.

I think this guy from M&A parts was the owner. He is a stocky guy with a goatee.

Earlier in the day, I had seen the customer having some sights put on his Glock at the Glock spare parts booth (he was carrying his Glock concealed and chewing on a cigar) so I figure that guy was LEO. The night sights weren't the cheap kind either.

Anyway, A while later, I was at the M&A booth about to drop $800 or $900 dollars on an upper and parts when I see the Glock guy with the cigar again. He was wearing a blue pullover. He was talking to one of the helper bees at the M&A parts table and that guy told him the prices of a handful of rail covers. I know those things aren't cheap.

The Goatee guy came over and told the Glock guy a totally different price. I think the difference was over $35.00 from what the helper bee had told the customer. This large difference even caught my attention.

The Glock guy asked the M&A Goatee boy what the difference was and the M&A Goatee guy answered him like he was an idiot. I mean, he talked to him just like you would talk to some stupid retarded guy that was trying to date your sister.

The M&A guy's voice was mean, condescending and devoid of any ounce of customer service. The Glock guy said that was fine, and asked him if he took American Express. The M&A guy said no in that same condescending mean voice and took the Glock Guy's visa card. I would have told the M&A guy with the goatee to shove his parts up his rear end right there! The Glock guy didn't.

I was amazed that a vender would talk to a customer who was buying $100.00 of plastic rail covers like this.

I decided that I would not do business with these guy and spent my money elsewhere. In fact, I will never buy from M&A parts again.

After the Glock guy with the cigar handed the M&A goatee guy his credit card, the M&A guy screwed around for awhile and told the Glock guy that it wouldn't read his card. Why he didn't just punch the numbers in manually, I'll never know. That's not hard to do. The Glock guy had this annoyed look on his face and the M&A guy with the goatee told him "ITS NOT MY FAULT IT WON'T READ YOUR CARD!"

The Glock guy took his card back and asked the M&A Goatee guy if they took checks. The M&A guy responded in that same condescending tone of voice that they didn't. The Glock guy told him fine, he could keep his merchandise then and started to walk away. At no time did the glock guy get rude or say anything that was out of line to the M&A parts guy.

This is where it started to go bad. The M&A guy made a comment to the Glock guy about his attitude (which I had not seen a bad attitude from the Glock guy yet).

The glock guy stopped walking away and told the M&A goatee guy that he was the one with the crappy attitude and proceeded to detail each instance of his bad attitude and poor customer service from start to finish.

The M&A Goatee guy told the glock guy with the cigar that he could take his bad attitude somewhere else (which I thought the glock guy was trying to do) and then the Glock guy told him "Fuck You" and turned and walked down the aisle toward Lone Star Gun safe's booth.

The M&A goatee guy started yelling "SIR" SIR" "SIR" "SIR" "SIR" after the Glock guy like a little girl whose feelings were hurt and then ran out into the aisle after his former customer.

This is where I decided that the M&A guy with the goatee was proving that not only was he stupid, but that he was trying to become a candidate for the Darwinism award.

The M&A Goatee guy grabbed the glock guy's shoulder (1st mistake), spun him around, put his face into the Glock guys face & yelled "FUCK YOU" in his face. there faces where inches apart. I think the M&A guy actually stuck his eye onto the end of the Glock guy's cigar. Luckily for the M&A Goatee guy the Glock guy was only chewing the cigar and it wasn't lit.

The M&A Goatee guy then proceeded to try to swat the Glock guy’s cigar out of his mouth. He hit the cigar.

The Glock guy grabbed the M&AQ guy's collar and pushed him back. The M&A Goatee guy made a grab for the Glock guy's collar at which time the Glock guy finished the fight:

The Glock guy grabbed the M&A guy by the THROAT & squeezed. It looked like he squeezed it real hard. The M&A guy suddenly stopped running his mouth and talking smack tothe Glock guy with the cigar!

I thought to myself, the Glock guy with the cigar just went Darth Vader on M&A guy: fingers around the adams apple, squeezed hard enough for the M&A Goatee boy's eyes to pop out (looked like one of those dolls that have the pop out eyes that pop out when you squeeze them. Looked him in the eyes and told him in a very loud voice that he was going to kill him right there and squeezed his throat even harder.

It was amazing. It looked like Darth Vader had come to Houston. The M&A Guy's face was turning red, eyes popping out and the Glock guy was just standing there, fingers inserted into the guy's adams apple and wind pipe, chewing on his cigar, holding his bag of stuff with the most chilling look I have ever seen on a guys face. I thought the Glock guy wasn't going to let go of the M&A Guy's throat until he was dead.

Some other people intervened and the Glock guy let the M&A goatee guy go and started to walk off. The M&A guy apparently wanted to be embarrassed some more and decided that having his throat almost ripped out once that day wasn't enough and followed after the Glock guy a second time. I thought the glock guy was going to test out his new night sights on this moron, but he didn't. Four or five really big guys came out of nowhere and stopped the M&A guy from getting embarrassed a second time.

I was shocked that my two boys had to witness any of this. The way the M&A Parts guy with the goatee talked to the guy with the Glock and then the attack. At least my boys saw one way to stop a stupid bully. Grab his throat and choke the life out of him. BUT, they should not have to see this stuff at a gun show
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 10:10:19 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Good folks. These guys were in the biz when 95% of those in the biz today were born. The owners father owned a company called NESSARD. When i was a kid, if you were working on ARs, you were buying outta the Shotgun News from NESSARD.
When NESSARD closed, the old man had 2 daughters. Each daughter went and started their own company. Model 1 Sales and M&APARTS. All parties involved are quality people.
Cool thing, neither company resembles the other even their inventory is different.
I have bought from both for getting onto 25 years now. Sadly Billy doesnt come to the Tulsa Wannamaker show anymore.
Wish i woulda had some money back when their daddy was in the biz.
Buy with confidence.
View Quote
I think I heard that he originally named the 2 girls companies drassen and ssendra.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 7:42:27 AM EDT
[#13]
The A2 barrel I have from them actually has the right taper under the handguards, like a military barrel.  I might haul off and buy another one.
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 8:02:17 PM EDT
[#14]
I bought parts once from Nessard after finding their ad in the Shotgun News.  After buying parts once from them, I refused to get parts from Nessard or any of the related companies for as long as I live.

Yes, they advertised parts that were hard to get as available at very attractive prices.  But I didn't know much about parts back then, and I order a "New" A2 rifle Kit (less Lower) along with parts from some other guns being worked on at the same time.  What I found out is that Nessard sells parts with questionable histories, or no history at all.  The Buffer Tube that came with the A2 rifle kit that I bought from them was made from copper plumbing pipe.  The LPK parts were cast from a soft metal that showed mechanical wear after less than 50 rounds, and I had to fill on the piece to get them to fit in my lower (Eagle Arms EA-15 bought separately from another Seller).

The magazines were used, rusty, GI surplus, that were supposed to be new.  Parts bought for my Springfield M1A were actually from a M1 Garand.  Parts for a .45acp I was building were cast, and did not fit correctly (threw them out).  AR bolt was used (M-16 Gov Surplus I suspect), and it was missing the extractor spring insert when I got it.  Stock was surplus A1, when supposed to be an A2.

The A2 barrel was the only new part that arrived as advertised.  It was an E.R.Shaw, and shot really well.
Link Posted: 10/23/2017 7:19:36 AM EDT
[#15]
A2 upper

I got this one from AR15sport.com this spring. Very pleased with the quality and the company. Model 1 sales would never answer my emails, AR15sport answered all within 24 hrs.
Link Posted: 10/29/2017 9:30:27 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I bought parts once from Nessard after finding their ad in the Shotgun News.  After buying parts once from them, I refused to get parts from Nessard or any of the related companies for as long as I live.

Yes, they advertised parts that were hard to get as available at very attractive prices.  But I didn't know much about parts back then, and I order a "New" A2 rifle Kit (less Lower) along with parts from some other guns being worked on at the same time.  What I found out is that Nessard sells parts with questionable histories, or no history at all.  The Buffer Tube that came with the A2 rifle kit that I bought from them was made from copper plumbing pipe.  The LPK parts were cast from a soft metal that showed mechanical wear after less than 50 rounds, and I had to fill on the piece to get them to fit in my lower (Eagle Arms EA-15 bought separately from another Seller).

The magazines were used, rusty, GI surplus, that were supposed to be new.  Parts bought for my Springfield M1A were actually from a M1 Garand.  Parts for a .45acp I was building were cast, and did not fit correctly (threw them out).  AR bolt was used (M-16 Gov Surplus I suspect), and it was missing the extractor spring insert when I got it.  Stock was surplus A1, when supposed to be an A2.

The A2 barrel was the only new part that arrived as advertised.  It was an E.R.Shaw, and shot really well.
View Quote
 I built a couple ARs on Nesard parts kits back in the day(late 80s). They were pure junk. The upper receivers were cast IIRC.I got one to run half assed, and the other never did run. The Essential Arms receivers I used,although cast. were really nice and dimensionally spot on.
Link Posted: 10/30/2017 5:33:02 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

they'd always say "FN"

View Quote
Gunshow grade parts
Link Posted: 10/30/2017 6:59:00 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Gunshow grade parts
View Quote
That's the polite way to say it

LOL

Link Posted: 11/12/2017 7:14:06 PM EDT
[#19]
Just ordered a light weight car barrel from them. Happy with the barrel, but shipping was 22 bucks!
Link Posted: 11/16/2017 1:03:55 AM EDT
[#20]
I ordered a CAR stock with buffer tube assembly from them like 3 months ago, without knowing anything about them. The Internet told me they were kinda shady but they shipped the same day and I got the parts in like 6 days.All parts are surprisingly nice. The metal parts have a nice finish and the stock is well made and feels like quality. For some reason the edges are razor sharp anywhere on the stock which is a little odd lol.

EDIT: I forgot to mention they add the shipping after they process your order and it's expensive. My stock assembly was $45 and they charged $14 for shipping.
Link Posted: 11/16/2017 1:12:01 AM EDT
[#21]
I used them in the past and they worked fine to built a cheap AR15. Of course recently I used PSA and they worked fine as well for a cheap AR15.
Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top