Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/11/2017 5:17:07 PM EDT
Has anyone come across this?  Am I too picky, or does the grip seem a bit too much out of alignment?  Tried 2 A2 grips with the same result.  Threads appear fine.

Greg

Link Posted: 10/11/2017 5:30:28 PM EDT
[#1]
It can be bothersome, but these are mass produced and you will run into this from time to time.

Do the selector detent holes line up straight? If so, it's just an annoyance.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 5:43:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Yup, it aligns with the hole.  And it seems like the front of the grip is flush against the receiver, it just sticks out the back.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 5:50:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Common. Nothing wrong. Get a nice grip though. There are many excellent options that will fit and feel better.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 5:54:03 PM EDT
[#4]
It's an A2 clone, thus the boring.  Have an A1 I put together years back when gun show parts were cheap.

Link Posted: 10/11/2017 5:55:21 PM EDT
[#5]
The rear arch of your lower could just be ground a bit too far. Some barely clean them at all.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 5:55:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 6:10:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the info.  Kinda a bummer, but I'm picky with this stuff for some reason.
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 9:11:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Looks normal to me.
Link Posted: 10/15/2017 1:54:49 AM EDT
[#9]
Have you tried either a surplus GI or an actual Colt A2 grip? I don't know if it will fit better, but the legit A2 grips feel way better than the new production ones that come in the LPK's.
Link Posted: 10/15/2017 3:37:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Building a clone means using the parts that were available and used by a particular manufacturer of a particular period.
Not necessarily the best components.
That said. It's your build so build it how you like.
Link Posted: 10/15/2017 4:25:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Has anyone come across this?  Am I too picky, or does the grip seem a bit too much out of alignment?  Tried 2 A2 grips with the same result.  Threads appear fine.

Greg

https://i.imgur.com/Dt9BPjS.jpg
View Quote

Even Factory Colt A2's are not perfect. I just pulled one of my pre-bans out to look. I have never noticed this before.

https://i.imgur.com/2LzEaoq.jpg?1
Link Posted: 10/21/2017 9:14:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Hmmm, maybe that's how they are trimming them these days.  Tried a Fulton armory lower with a couple A2 grips.  Pretty much the same results.  Oh well, why worry about it I guess.
Link Posted: 10/23/2017 7:22:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Have you tried either a surplus GI or an actual Colt A2 grip? I don't know if it will fit better, but the legit A2 grips feel way better than the new production ones that come in the LPK's.
View Quote

CMMG on left, Colt's on right.

New LPK's seem to be coming with what I've been calling 7/8ths scale grips.

Anderson's is the first lower where the 7/8ths fit right and a surplus A2 didn't.

I wonder if the new standard matches the LPK's rather than genuine A2 grips.

At its worst, the undercut lowers are like this one my friend made:

Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top