Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/1/2017 9:27:41 PM EDT
I've been wanting to build a midlength carbine with a fixed stock for a while.

A2 upper, A1 stock, 16" ML kit from Delton.

I am working on collecting the parts to build a proper 651 clone with an A1 upper.
Link Posted: 10/1/2017 9:32:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I've been wanting to build a midlength carbine with a fixed stock for a while.

A2 upper, A1 stock, 16" ML upper from Delton.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/137193/20171001_190911-322495.jpg

I am working on collecting the parts to build a proper 651 clone with an A1 upper.
View Quote

Looks really good.  I had a Middy carbine from Delton with an A2 stock.  Man that is a sweet shooting rig.  Mine was a flat - top HBAR and really shot well.  I sold it to my dad and he love shooting it.
Link Posted: 10/1/2017 9:32:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Looks good.
Link Posted: 10/1/2017 9:42:12 PM EDT
[#3]

Probably what all KISS carbines should be.
Link Posted: 10/1/2017 9:46:32 PM EDT
[#4]
ahhhh don't want to see this .....
I have an A1 butt stock and when I walk past it I hear things.  
"pssstt, you should build a fixed stock carbine"
Wait , what ? Who said that ????
Link Posted: 10/1/2017 9:48:29 PM EDT
[#5]
looks good
Link Posted: 10/1/2017 9:48:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Redundancy
Link Posted: 10/1/2017 9:56:37 PM EDT
[#7]
I like it.
Link Posted: 10/1/2017 11:11:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
ahhhh don't want to see this .....
I have an A1 butt stock and when I walk past it I hear things.  
"pssstt, you should build a fixed stock carbine"
Wait , what ? Who said that ????
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/1/2017 11:15:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Tomcat, 3 balls, sexy...!!
Link Posted: 10/2/2017 4:42:12 AM EDT
[#10]
JJ, can you give me some background or a link to where you got this pic?  I am interested in the type of rifle the serviceman is holding.
Link Posted: 10/2/2017 2:37:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

JJ, can you give me some background or a link to where you got this pic?  I am interested in the type of rifle the serviceman is holding.
View Quote
It is basically a Model 727 with either an A1 or A2 buttstock. I believe that it may be an A1 buttstock (E type).
Link Posted: 10/2/2017 4:18:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Navy SEALS overwatch?  I don't know.  That pic has been going around forever.  But the other JREA (poster above me) usually knows what he's talking about.  So yeah, I think a 727 with a TA01, A1 stock,  and I don't know what that thing is on the barrel in front of the FSB.  Looks like some kind of bolt on rail.  

I bet that thing would be super handy.   Last night I slapped my M4gery upper on top of my Colt A2 to just remember how it feels.  and it feels good.  
Link Posted: 10/2/2017 5:54:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Navy SEALS overwatch?  I don't know.  That pic has been going around forever.  But the other JREA (poster above me) usually knows what he's talking about.  So yeah, I think a 727 with a TA01, A1 stock,  and I don't know what that thing is on the barrel in front of the FSB.  Looks like some kind of bolt on rail.  

I bet that thing would be super handy.   Last night I slapped my M4gery upper on top of my Colt A2 to just remember how it feels.  and it feels good.  
View Quote
The object attached to the barrel in front of the FSB may very well be a light mount. That was the early solution to mounting lights other than putting a mount on the bottom handguard.
Link Posted: 10/10/2017 4:49:16 AM EDT
[#14]
I really like the looks of that rifle.  I mostly have fixed A2 stocks on my builds but I am still torn on that or a collapsible.  The period correct collapsible is kinda too round to me.
Link Posted: 10/10/2017 9:23:49 AM EDT
[#15]
The A1 length stock looks just right with that mid-length upper. Nice carbine!
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 4:14:17 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
The object attached to the barrel in front of the FSB may very well be a light mount. That was the early solution to mounting lights other than putting a mount on the bottom handguard.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Look up the surefire 660 universal weapon light. I'm pretty sure that's the clamp on pic rail that came in the kit with it.
Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top