Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/6/2017 8:52:48 PM EDT
I just put my MA Parts CAR15 stock on a NoDak Spud 2 position tube and the lever to adjust the stock between positions is very looks at both the in and out points.  Can this be adjusted, is it a defect or just a quirk of the stock/tube combo?
Link Posted: 9/6/2017 10:41:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Friends don't let friends buy M&A.
Link Posted: 9/6/2017 11:11:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I just put my MA Parts CAR15 stock on a NoDak Spud 2 position tube and the lever to adjust the stock between positions is very looks at both the in and out points.  Can this be adjusted, is it a defect or just a quirk of the stock/tube combo?
View Quote

I'm not sure what you're trying to explain that it's doing.  It's supposed to lock at the all the way out and all the way in position.  But I'm assuming you know that.  

I personally never heard anything bad about M&A before this thread.  But I've never used their stuff.

Oh wait, loose?   It's a relative thing.  If you're comparing it to a CTR or magpul with the lock down feature then yeah, it's going to be loose.  My CAR stock and waffle stocks are all pretty loose.  But pretty loose is relative.  They move and rattle a little bit.  But it never bothers me.  It's not like it's moving all over the place that it's distracting when shooting.  Plus the pressure you put on the gun into your shoulder makes any movement a non issue, IMHO.  My B5 sopmod bravo stock is loose too.  Only stock I ever had that wasn't loose was the Magpul SL.  I'm guessing a lot of Magpuls stocks are tight as they typically have some kind of mechanism to lock it down.  Except the MOE.  There may be more that doesn't have some mechanism but like the SL has these springs on the inside.  The CTR has the extra lock down, etc etc.
Link Posted: 9/7/2017 6:01:03 AM EDT
[#3]
The stock itself isn't loose, the lever you squeeze to pull down the plunger is very loose when the stock is set at either position.
Link Posted: 9/7/2017 8:04:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Have you tried the stock on another receiver extension? If the lever is loose on another receiver extension then the problem is with the plunger position. You should be able to push out the roll pin and adjust how far out the plunger sits. If the stock locks correctly on the other extension, then the problem is with the Nodak receiver extension. The holes might not be drilled deep enough.
Link Posted: 9/7/2017 8:29:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Have you tried the stock on another receiver extension? If the lever is loose on another receiver extension then the problem is with the plunger position. You should be able to push out the roll pin and adjust how far out the plunger sits. If the stock locks correctly on the other extension, then the problem is with the Nodak receiver extension. The holes might not be drilled deep enough.
View Quote
yeah the problem might be the tube.  When the stock is off the tube the lever is plenty tight.  I think the holes in the NoDak tube are too shallow.  I am going to check on a std milspec tub when i get home and see what happens.
Link Posted: 9/7/2017 11:26:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Let us know how it turns out.  I didn't know you could actually buy the stock without the tube from M&A.  Do you have that extension you could see if it fits properly on?
Link Posted: 9/7/2017 2:17:02 PM EDT
[#7]
The buffer tube set holes are shallower than the factory Colt tube was.  You might be able to adjust the plunger a bit to tighten it up.  I know one guy that ran into a similar problem and he took the plunger apart and actually ground the plunger pin that protrudes through the handle shallower so it tightened the handle up on the stock when it was set in place.
Link Posted: 9/7/2017 2:27:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
The buffer tube set holes are shallower than the factory Colt tube was.  You might be able to adjust the plunger a bit to tighten it up.  I know one guy that ran into a similar problem and he took the plunger apart and actually ground the plunger pin that protrudes through the handle shallower so it tightened the handle up on the stock when it was set in place.
View Quote
Yeah i was thinking about taking a file and trying to shave down the plunger pin to get it to snug up better.  

I wonder why Nodak doesn't make their very expensive tubes to Colt specs......
Link Posted: 9/7/2017 3:42:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Yeah i was thinking about taking a file and trying to shave down the plunger pin to get it to snug up better.  

I wonder why Nodak doesn't make their very expensive tubes to Colt specs......
View Quote
I agree, when making reproduction parts, you should try to match the originals as close as possible.  Maybe they will chime in on this thread.
Link Posted: 9/7/2017 6:41:08 PM EDT
[#10]
It's the stock. I put it in my Spikes Tactical factory built rifle and have the same problem

Removed the roll pin, adjusted the plunger as low as possible. All is good now.

Thanks for the help.

Finished build pics this weekend.
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 12:01:47 PM EDT
[#11]
So where's the pics then?  Goofball.  
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 5:40:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
So where's the pics then?  Goofball.  
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/8/2017 6:58:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Looks good, just like the one I just built a month ago.
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 10:45:07 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 11:17:45 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Cept his don't have that ugly ass MD yours did, Dave.

You ever get that bitch off?
View Quote
Haven't tried yet, been working on the plow truck, winter is coming and I have stuff to get ready.  That is why I have worked my ass off getting the shop insulated, so I can work and stay warm this winter!

Link Posted: 9/8/2017 11:37:47 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 9/9/2017 12:04:16 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I let my bosses worry about that shit. 96k sq ft of free heat and supplies.

Of course I have to make sure they get paid all week long.
View Quote
Benefit of being retired Tig, don't have to pay anybody, all I have to worry about is me, of course there are days I would fire my ass if I could!

Link Posted: 9/9/2017 3:11:57 AM EDT
[#18]
Beautiful carbine!!!
Link Posted: 9/9/2017 7:53:51 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Beautiful carbine!!!
View Quote
Thanks!

Just found a Surefire 660 online last night.  Will update pics when it arrives.

NOW i have the itch for a M733......... this is a fucking disease
Link Posted: 9/9/2017 10:52:02 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Thanks!

Just found a Surefire 660 online last night.  Will update pics when it arrives.

NOW i have the itch for a M733......... this is a fucking disease
View Quote
Yes it is. BTW, here you go.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/9/2017 11:17:16 AM EDT
[#21]
View Quote
that's damn sexy.  just needs an Ops Inc can or whatever they used
Link Posted: 9/9/2017 12:29:07 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Friends don't let friends buy M&A.
View Quote
So how long have we hated M&A Parts? We need another forum so we can keep track. 
I bought a kit from them long ago. Upper turned out to be a Rock River and has given -0- problems. 

Edit wasn't a Stag. Wrong AR
Link Posted: 9/9/2017 1:15:14 PM EDT
[#23]
I don't think there is a WE.  It seemed like they were GTG by people that have used them.  But maybe not....  IDK....    At least this issue turned out OK.   It's a heck of a lot cheaper than buying a Colt N1 and Colt tube.  But whatever.
Link Posted: 9/9/2017 5:15:41 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 9/10/2017 5:32:11 PM EDT
[#25]
FTR, I have the same combo and issue.
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 8:15:36 PM EDT
[#26]
If you are saying the pin bottoms out in the hole in the tube and leaves the lever loose you just adjust the nut on the pin. Have to drive out the roll pin that retains the nut and tightened the nut a little than reinstall the roll pin that retains the nut.
You do not want to over tighten the nut too much as you want as much of the pin to go into the hole in the tube as possible but the lever not be loose with up and down play on the pin..
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 10:06:18 PM EDT
[#27]
^ this. Of the 3 I have I had to do this to 2 of them. If I pulled hard enough the stock would come off the tube w/o pulling the latch, after I gave it enough turns it wasn't and hasn't been a problem since.

William
Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top