Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/6/2017 4:08:00 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/6/2017 5:20:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Rebuilt or reconfigured by the agency?  Not a standard 6520 barrel or butt stock.
Link Posted: 9/6/2017 6:45:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Rebuilt or reconfigured by the agency?  Not a standard 6520 barrel or butt stock.
View Quote
I agree. The AR6520 had a Gen 4 (waffle type) carbine stock and a 16" pencil barrel. In addition, CDNN has been getting these LE trade-ins and listing them for unreasonable prices. For $799, it would have to be an original AR6520 and not a department modified model. The only things that are original are the receivers.
Link Posted: 9/6/2017 9:47:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I agree. The AR6520 had a Gen 4 (waffle type) carbine stock and a 16" pencil barrel. In addition, CDNN has been getting these LE trade-ins and listing them for unreasonable prices. For $799, it would have to be an original AR6520 and not a department modified model. The only things that are original are the receivers.
View Quote
I wondered if they were possibly some special order from Colt like the Dissipator models for CHP (or whatever agency it was) that they had a while back.
Link Posted: 9/6/2017 10:09:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Frankenbuild with Colt components.

Barrel is marked C MP 1/9.

I thought the receiver set and BCG would be good for some carbine builds, as you get a real Colt receiver set, BCG, barrel, and 6 hole handguards.

Install a Fiberlite CAR stock, extension tube, carbine buffer and spring, and you have a nice 727 build in the works.
Link Posted: 9/6/2017 10:37:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Frankenbuild with Colt components.

Barrel is marked C MP 1/9.

I thought the receiver set and BCG would be good for some carbine builds, as you get a real Colt receiver set, BCG, barrel, and 6 hole handguards.

Install a Fiberlite CAR stock, extension tube, carbine buffer and spring, and you have a nice 727 build in the works.
View Quote
Definitely.  I wonder if those are 6922 barrels...
Link Posted: 9/6/2017 11:07:24 PM EDT
[#6]
I'd probably just leave it as is.  Clone worthy.   Well, other than the 16" barrel.  

We all know the one:

Link Posted: 9/7/2017 2:48:12 AM EDT
[#7]
I bought one, but won't see it until I get home to the US.

I have a 727/777 kit with a similar C AF marked A2 upper, so I bought it mostly as a lower donor.

As for it being "factory or not", I would never say never. If Colt was willing to build Dissapators, why not a fixed stock M4?

I do remember the uppers being advertised about 1999-2000.
Link Posted: 9/7/2017 5:00:24 PM EDT
[#8]
When it arrives, check to see if there is a barrel date under the handguard, and if it has an aluminum buttplate vs. plastic.

Curious why they call it a 6520.  It has more in common with the late 1990s LEO 6530 "AR-15 LIGHtWEIGHT" rifles (which had 16" pencil barrel and fixed stock).  The same vintage 6530s had C AF receivers and lowers with early A2 contours.
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 2:18:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Got mine in. Came with a splintered a upper with no C on it. Kind of bummed about that but everything else is colt.
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 2:36:12 PM EDT
[#10]
my barrel date is 7/00 metal door plate
Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top