Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/4/2017 12:32:47 PM EDT
I was watching this documentary on Amazon Prime called Black Hawk Down.  It seems pretty good.  Actually I learned a few things I didn't know because I didn't read the book.  

Anyways...  They pictured Ruiz up close with his rifle and he's got I think an aimpoint 7000 or 2000 on top of his 20" A2.    

I've never seen a 20" A2 with an Aimpoint on top of it in the service.  I've seen it on Carbines, I've seen it on A1s (Navy Seal pics in the 80's on the carrier, you probably know those), but never on an A2.

It's a good watch.  I see mostly 20" A2's in the pics.  But I did fall asleep one time watching it, so I might've missed something.  

Link Posted: 9/4/2017 3:03:51 PM EDT
[#1]
I saw A2s with Aimpoints on them several years ago on a range at Fort Riley. Pretty sure it was a Reserve unit that shot next to us that day.
Link Posted: 9/4/2017 3:12:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Somewhere around here there is a Blackhawk Down pic thread.

There are some really interesting early 1990s'  rifle/ optic combinations in it.
Link Posted: 9/4/2017 7:02:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Somewhere around here there is a Blackhawk Down pic thread.

There are some really interesting early 1990s'  rifle/ optic combinations in it.
View Quote
For some reason I don't remember one with an aimpoint on top.  Maybe I'm not remembering properly.
Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top