User Panel

Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 7
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 7:54:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I'm surprised that nobody posted that the "6" in M16A2 and in the serial # is different than, "CAL. 5.56MM" .
View Quote
Huh, I was so hung up on the "B" that I didn't notice.

I'll mention that too when I call BCP tomorrow.
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 8:09:58 PM EDT
[#2]

I like mine a lot. Really completes the rifle. Thanks for doing this.
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 8:27:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
http://i1038.photobucket.com/albums/a465/psycho146/18424188_10212579991956835_5111519659368885165_n_zpskfaimkes.jpg

View Quote
Most welcome Ken.
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 4:44:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
http://i1038.photobucket.com/albums/a465/psycho146/18424188_10212579991956835_5111519659368885165_n_zpskfaimkes.jpg

View Quote
Me too!  I am not going to use a magnifying glass or sit and study the lower trying to find problems, I am going to shoot the crap out of it!  My A2 is fast becoming my favorite rifle.  I would have already built mine but I am too worn out.  Pics coming this weekend!
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 4:48:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I'm surprised that nobody posted that the "6" in M16A2 and in the serial # is different than, "CAL. 5.56MM" .

LoL!

Those who did not receive their lowers yet and are worried about the small "issue", you don't need to be. The engraving is sharp, clear, and done well. Looks MUCH better in person than in the posted pics. You will barely notice it with the oil wiped off and the selector installed.

Like James said in his recent build above, I won't need to use the receiver tension screw that it comes with.
Machining quality is very good, and I got lucky "13" and 14. I'm keeping both of mine for sure.

I'm also ordering a new one, the re-make, because I like these lowers so much, even if it takes another 2 months.
View Quote
LOL!  You da man Jet!  I may get another one of the remakes or wait til one of the blems gets returned and pick it up!
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 9:19:10 AM EDT
[#6]
I just spoke with Tina at BCP regarding the check. She was nice & professional--it was painless.

This weekend will be spent with some 4-0 steel wool & 800 grit sandpaper to try & replicate James's work.
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 12:01:30 PM EDT
[#7]
I also just spoke with Tina this morning.  If your lowers haven't arrived at your FFL yet I would give her a call.  It sounds like they are holding the remaining orders until they confirm whether you want the current now considered "blem" run or want replacements.  I was told that they are giving everyone until May 31st to decide if they want replacements before they begin the next run of lowers so it's looking like 6-8 weeks before the new ones are ready to ship.  I decided to stick with the current lowers and she's shipping them today.
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 1:45:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Is there a chance of adding new orders on to the new run ?
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 3:03:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Is there a chance of adding new orders on to the new run ?
View Quote
You would want to call BCP and ask them. Everything that gets turned in is going to be re-run, which will include a new serial number. The ones turned in will be available for sale at a discounted price. One guy on another forum has already bought one that has been returned already.
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 7:46:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Please forgive my manners--Steve & James, thank you for making this happen.
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 8:49:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote
Most welcome. We were happy to do it.
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 10:29:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Than you guys for putting this together.  Called today and asked to ship my lowers, close is good enough for me.  They were more than pleasant to deal with, awesome customer service.
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 7:16:53 PM EDT
[#13]
I called today to get mine shipped.
They are great to deal with.

Ron
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 7:21:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote
YES! Thank You both.
Sometimes we forget the ones that help us out.

Ron
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 4:02:59 AM EDT
[#15]
I sent everyone at Black Creek a thank you for swift handling of the issues and the superb customer service.  Every meeting during development of this project was a good experience.  The quality of the lowers with all the added options made these lowers a good value as well.  I am tickled pink I have a lower with my hometown roll marked in it.  I will probly buy all the rest of my lowers from them in the future.  They also do 9mm if anyone is interested in those.  Check the website for more great products.

If anyone wants one of the blems or wants to get into the next run, call them quick.  As James mentioned, the first run returns will go fast as I dont think many got returned anyway.  I only know of three.  I am trying to reach my buddy here to see what he is going to do with his.
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 10:17:34 AM EDT
[#16]
Still haven't had a chance to pick mine up yet I'll grab it early next week
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 1:59:42 PM EDT
[#17]
Tina with Black Creek asked me to have these folks contact her at 888 426 6624.  I didnt have your phone numbers to forward to her.  I think its a follow up call to make sure you are happy and to see what option you want to pursue if any.  I personally will not be asking for a remake or refund but y'all certainly are welcome to do so if you want.  Black Creek wants to make sure they have done everything possible to make you happy.  If you want a remake you need to contact Tina quickly as BCP will start that run very soon.

James R.
Ken O.
Lee H.
Sean C.
Ross C.

Give Tina a call and let her know what you want to do,

Thanks everyone!
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 2:01:42 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Still haven't had a chance to pick mine up yet I'll grab it early next week
View Quote
Wow, get down there as soon as you can and see what you want to do.
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 2:12:57 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

YES! Thank You both.
Sometimes we forget the ones that help us out.

Ron
View Quote
Thanks Ron!  If it wasnt for everyone who participated, this project would not have gotten off the ground.  I was happy to help the community out.
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 4:47:05 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Thanks Ron!  If it wasnt for everyone who participated, this project would not have gotten off the ground.  I was happy to help the community out.
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 5:18:31 PM EDT
[#21]
Picked mine up today. Thanks guys very happy with it.
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 5:43:51 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Picked mine up today. Thanks guys very happy with it.
View Quote
That is good to hear James.
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 9:54:28 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 11:07:40 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 3:32:50 AM EDT
[#25]
Like someone else posted, they remind me of Balimoys. The font issues don't bother me.

I'll be contacting BCP to hopefully get one.

They really could do a fair amount of clone business if they did A2, A4 & M4A1 versions.
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 6:28:08 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Looks good.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Thanks and Thank ya'll for doing this.
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 1:05:10 AM EDT
[#27]
Picked up my A2 and A4 lowers today.  They are very nice.  Honestly, the small marking issue with the couple letters is not that noticeable in person.  I think the extremely zoomed on photos made it seem a lot worse.  I am very happy with them.  Thanks again for putting this together!

Link Posted: 5/18/2017 12:08:48 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Picked up my A2 and A4 lowers today.  They are very nice.  Honestly, the small marking issue with the couple letters is not that noticeable in person.  I think the extremely zoomed on photos made it seem a lot worse.  I am very happy with them.  Thanks again for putting this together!

http://i.imgur.com/u7H8lqih.jpg?1

http://i.imgur.com/EV6iqY9h.jpg?1

http://i.imgur.com/IikV3HWh.jpg
View Quote
Very nice. I should have ordered a M16A4 marked lower in addition to my M16A2 lower.

ETA: I just called Tina at BCP and found out that they had a M16A4 marked lower that was going to be replaced. In light of that, I bought it and saved a few dollars in the process. Now, I can replace the McKay Ent. lower on my latest A4 build.
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 1:44:46 PM EDT
[#29]
I live in Jacksonville and picked up one of the last A2 marked lowers that they had. Great people and they gave me a great price plus an LEO discount that I wasnt even expecting!!! They said that they more than likley were not going to do any more of these in the future but who knows. My son asked me why it was a blem and I told him to find it....after several minutes he gave up and once I showed it to him his reaction was quite amusing!! Cant wait to use it for my build!!
Link Posted: 5/19/2017 2:35:12 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I live in Jacksonville and picked up one of the last A2 marked lowers that they had. Great people and they gave me a great price plus an LEO discount that I wasnt even expecting!!! They said that they more than likley were not going to do any more of these in the future but who knows. My son asked me why it was a blem and I told him to find it....after several minutes he gave up and once I showed it to him his reaction was quite amusing!! Cant wait to use it for my build!!
View Quote
Glad you managed to get those. That was great that they extended a LEO discount to you as well.
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 8:56:11 PM EDT
[#31]
Pulled out a surplus FN upper assembly I picked up a couple years ago.  Really completes the rifle.

Link Posted: 5/22/2017 9:18:56 PM EDT
[#32]
Guys did anyone request an m16a3 marked lower with the auto marking? I've heard of A2's and A4's.

By the way, I am impressed with those lowers. They look great event with the small font issue.

Has anyone found an a2 upper that is a close match to the color of the lower?
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 8:47:19 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Guys did anyone request an m16a3 marked lower with the auto marking? I've heard of A2's and A4's.

By the way, I am impressed with those lowers. They look great event with the small font issue.

Has anyone found an a2 upper that is a close match to the color of the lower?
View Quote
Nobody got an A3 as these were special ordered A2 and A4 marked lowers with "burst" engravings.

A2 uppers like DPMS or any that are black will match the BCP lowers well.
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 7:56:47 PM EDT
[#34]
My DPMS upper matches the BCP lower nicely.

Link Posted: 6/5/2017 5:18:56 PM EDT
[#35]
FYI: Steve wanted me to pass this on to you guys waiting on your $10 refund checks.

On Mon, Jun 5, 2017 at 4:37 PM, Tina Balsamo ([email protected]) wrote:

FYI-  All checks were mailed out today for the difference of $10 for those who kept their M16 lowers with the inverted/mirrored lettering issue.  Remakes are starting this week.  No extras are being made at this time.  We do, however, have only 1 M16A2 available from the original run.

Thank you.

Tina Balsamo

James
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 7:49:40 AM EDT
[#36]
Is the one still available JRS?
called BCP this morning & none left & no plans to make more soon
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 12:49:11 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Is the one still available JRS?
called BCP this morning & none left & no plans to make more soon
View Quote
If the said that there are none left, that means they sold the only one they had. They are correct in saying that there are no more to be made right now. The only way that they will do another run is for an order of 25 or more. That is the stipulation they gave us before we started on the venture to have them made.
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 2:44:53 PM EDT
[#38]
Is there an ETA on the remakes?
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 4:42:49 PM EDT
[#39]
thanks jrs93accord
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 4:43:19 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Is there an ETA on the remakes?
View Quote
Not that I have heard. It would be up to the individual that is having theirs remade to contact BCP to see what the timeline is for delivery.
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 7:28:27 AM EDT
[#41]
I requested several of the A3's, but the answer was "NO"

So I just got some more of the A2's and A4's

Ron
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 12:44:30 PM EDT
[#42]
Heard from BCP yesterday regarding the remakes.

They are being machined this week and being anodized next week.  We are still within 3 – 4 weeks.  At the moment it may be a little less.  I will email customers when they are ready to ship.
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 5:29:21 PM EDT
[#43]
Thanks for the update Sputnik, I ordered two remakes and kept two of the blems.
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 1:33:51 PM EDT
[#44]
Saw this posting wwwaaaaayyyyyyy late in the game.  I'm in for two A2 style lowers for the next batch of 25!  Local to JAX as well, makes it easy!  

Great looking rifles to those who have shared their builds.  Sweet!!
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 2:29:58 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Saw this posting wwwaaaaayyyyyyy late in the game.  I'm in for two A2 style lowers for the next batch of 25!  Local to JAX as well, makes it easy!  

View Quote
There is no batch being made. The lowers they are talking about are a few replacements for those that were sent back because of a couple blems in the lettering. Anyone wanting to place an order for 25 or more lowers is welcome to. It will have to be placed directly with BCP. In the initial run, we had about 49 lowers pre-ordered by some guys in this forum and some in another forum that Steve and I belong to.
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 5:12:56 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote
I was hoping that BCP would take this on as an additional line for all the retro guys who keep popping up.  There are plenty of builders out there and with NDS and McKay being the best substitutes, availability and proper engraving are plusses for future sales.  James has a bunch of clone builds and replaced a few of his lowers and I believe there are more fellers out there who might want to do this.  Maybe not 25 at a time but I know BCP wouldnt have any that would not find a home eventually.

BCP were great people to deal with and very agreeable on everything we wanted but on this point they refuse to budge.  They really need to spend some time on the forums to really see how much interest is out there.  I guess they have plenty of other distributors they make receivers for that they dont need the extra business.  Shame really.
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 8:44:36 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

There is no batch being made. The lowers they are talking about are a few replacements for those that were sent back because of a couple blems in the lettering. Anyone wanting to place an order for 25 or more lowers is welcome to. It will have to be placed directly with BCP. In the initial run, we had about 49 lowers pre-ordered by some guys in this forum and some in another forum that Steve and I belong to.
View Quote
Thanks for the clarification, guess missed the boat.    all is well, remain calm!  
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 7:34:22 PM EDT
[#48]
For those people like myself who are waiting on new lowers, did anyone hear anything yet from them ?
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 7:36:48 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
For those people like myself who are waiting on new lowers, did anyone hear anything yet from them ?
View Quote
See my update from 6/30.

They should be coming very soon.
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 9:52:07 PM EDT
[#50]
ok, cool !
Page / 7
Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top