User Panel

Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 7
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 1:21:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

The fire control markings seem awfully low to me?

ETA: Also the "M16A2" marking seems too large.
View Quote

I kind of like the M16A2 marking size.

Agreed, the "safe" and "burst" marking is too low and also not the right size.
I realize that this is just an example.

Really looking forward to the finished product! Thank you Steve and James for all the effort the both of you have put into this project.
Thanks to BCP for taking on this project too!!

Payment and FFL sent.
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 1:52:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Want. Will buy.

Tag.
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 8:19:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Here is the proof of the lower that Steve had made.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/76904/BCP-M16A2-lower-162241.JPG

There are several changes that have to be made n order to bring it in line with the drawing that we submitted.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/76904/M16A2-drawing-3-BCP-162242.JPG

The front takedown pin hole is off center and looks pretty thin. I hope that's only because it's preproduction.
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 9:47:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I kind of like the M16A2 marking size.

Agreed, the "safe" and "burst" marking is too low and also not the right size.
I realize that this is just an example.

Really looking forward to the finished product! Thank you Steve and James for all the effort the both of you have put into this project.
Thanks to BCP for taking on this project too!!

Payment and FFL sent.
View Quote

These things have been addressed. I am pretty particular and I want to make sure that you guys are getting a lower as close to the real thing as possible. Hopefully, next week we will have everything taken care of.
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 6:06:59 AM EDT
[#5]
The deadline is quickly approaching.  Anyone interested should have their letters in the mail.  I am going by BCP on March 17th to drop off everything I have received and verify corrections are being made.
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 6:34:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Came across a pic of this .mil M16A2 the other day.  The company is not one I've heard of before, but it instantly made me think of this thread.  Very similar to the lowers for the group buy.

Link Posted: 3/12/2017 9:29:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Came across a pic of this .mil M16A2 the other day.  The company is not one I've heard of before, but it instantly made me think of this thread.  Very similar to the lowers for the group buy.

http://i.imgur.com/XzYn71mh.jpg
View Quote

Balimoy

IIRC, these were originally intended as M16A1 replacement lowers, which explains the AUTO marking being milled over and re-marked as BURST.  Also, look at the 2 in the M16A2 marking which is likely re-struck.
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 9:34:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Balimoy

IIRC, these were originally intended as M16A1 replacement lowers, which explains the AUTO marking being milled over and re-marked as BURST.
View Quote

Yep, the "2" in the A2 is an overstamp as well.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 4:51:06 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

http://i.imgur.com/XzYn71mh.jpg
View Quote

Yessr, you have run across a small interesting piece of M16A1/2 history.  Balmoy did indeed make replacement parts for the military and the company after a location change was bought out and ceased manufacture of these lowers.  They then went on to manufacture 40mm grenades for the military for years until they lost the contract to a larger company after some bad press about defective grenades.  The larger company finally bought Balmoy's facility and started production at the two plants..
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 10:30:22 AM EDT
[#10]
I had problems getting a letter from my FFL, ended up going to another FFL that I use out of town to get one, it took a few days to get it. The good news is that it's in the mail and $23.75 later the post office guarantees that it will be there Wednesday.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 10:52:26 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I had problems getting a letter from my FFL, ended up going to another FFL that I use out of town to get one, it took a few days to get it. The good news is that it's in the mail and $23.75 later the post office guarantees that it will be there Wednesday.
View Quote

Good deal.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 12:43:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Is there any way to confirm that payment and FFL have been received?
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 1:00:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

If you followed the info from Steve's post (copied below) you should be notified when he gets it.  Remember, he has a day job.  I was late getting mine out so sitting on pins now!

Quoted:
Thanks James!  When y'all send your Money order, go ahead and include a piece of paper or letter in with it that has your email address and your Forum name and I will email and/or IM you to let you know I received it.  This should allay any fears of the USPS screwing up.  My experience is if you use Tracking and Delivery Confirmation they make a special effort to make sure it arrives at the destination.

Thanks for your interest, we should soon have a product you will be proud to own and show off to all your friends and make them jealous!

Steve.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 1:09:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

Steve requested putting a note with your forum name and email address inside the envelope with your payment and the FFL copy.
I did tracking and delivery confirmation.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 1:10:46 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

If you followed the info from Steve's post (copied below) you should be notified when he gets it.  Remember, he has a day job.  I was late getting mine out so sitting on pins now!
View Quote

I sent my payment before that post but I did include the info. User name not email though.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 3:20:06 PM EDT
[#16]
Just found this thread updated. Will try to get my payment in the mail tomorrow. What is the address to send the MO and FFL to?
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 4:08:35 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Just found this thread updated. Will try to get my payment in the mail tomorrow. What is the address to send the MO and FFL to?
View Quote

You better overnight it, has to be there Wednesday

This is what James sent me.
"Here is what you need to do at this point. Have a USPS Money Order prepared for the amount of the lowers you want + shipping (Price per lower will be $89 each. Shipping for one will be $8, two for $12 , $18 for three.). Also, you need to get a signed copy of the FFL from the dealer where the lower is shipping. USPS money orders only be made out to Black Creek Precision, 5151 Sunbeam Rd, Suite 10, Jacksonville, FL, 32257. Please write what finish you want, black anodized or "in the white", in the "FOR" space on the MO. The address to send the FFL copy and USPS MO to is: Steve Hoolihan, 2724 Cherrywood Rd, Jacksonville, FL, 32210. At this point, payment needs to be received no later than March
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 5:47:34 PM EDT
[#18]
I'm thinking that I maybe should have upgraded my shipping, I sent it on Friday, but I'm worried that it wont make it in time.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 5:58:43 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I'm thinking that I maybe should have upgraded my shipping, I sent it on Friday, but I'm worried that it wont make it in time.
View Quote

The main thing is for it to be there before Thursday. Steve has to get the list compiled and everyone's MO and FFL in order before he turns everything in on Friday to BCP.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 7:56:01 PM EDT
[#20]
I just can't get past the font after looking at my old Colt stuff it just doesn't look right..
I have M.O & can overnight.But....
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 7:59:54 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I just can't get past the font after looking at my old Colt stuff it just doesn't look right..
I have M.O & can overnight.But....
View Quote

It's an M16A2 clone lower, not a Colt clone.
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 5:58:58 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

It's an M16A2 clone lower, not a Colt clone.
View Quote

Thank you.  This clone is patterned moire on an FN or the Balimoy you see above.  It really isnt meant to be a perfect copy of any particular one.  Ordered lower count at this point is close to 30.  Everyone has a choice to participate or not.

I will also be going back to BCP on Monday the 20th so if your MO doesnt get here exactly on time its ok.  Just dont procrastinate.

Thanks all for participating.

Steve
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 9:15:52 AM EDT
[#23]
Steve & James:

Will there be an announcement in this thread when BCP starts manufacturing or when they start shipping?

Thank you.
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 11:38:36 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Steve & James:

Will there be an announcement in this thread when BCP starts manufacturing or when they start shipping?

Thank you.
View Quote

I will guarantee you that once Steve finds out when manufacturing begins and when shipping starts, there will be posts to advise everyone.
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 12:44:42 PM EDT
[#25]
OST
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 9:34:31 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I will guarantee you that once Steve finds out when manufacturing begins and when shipping starts, there will be posts to advise everyone.
View Quote

Absolutely.  I am forwarding my emails with BCP  to James or otherwise keeping him updated so as new info develops it will be posted here.  I hope I have a start of manufacture date by Monday after meeting with BCP's Engineer.

I know James and I appreciate the gratitude shown us by all who have participated.  Thanks from both of us!
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 11:42:41 PM EDT
[#27]
I wish I had seen this sooner. I will drop it in the mail tomorrow and overnight. Odds are it will not get there in time. My fault for not watching this crosser.
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 6:34:07 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I wish I had seen this sooner. I will drop it in the mail tomorrow and overnight. Odds are it will not get there in time. My fault for not watching this crosser.
View Quote

Send it on brother, I will make sure it gets in with the rest.

As of this morning, 30 lowers have been ordered.  Thanks everyone for participating in this project!  I have tried to notify everyone that I received your package but if you havent heard anything and need confirmation of receipt, feel free to PM/email me at [email protected] or message James.
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 6:46:21 AM EDT
[#29]
I'll say it again, thanks for the above and beyond effort by Steve and James.  These lowers are going to be the hot ticket for "We, the A2" crowd.
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 8:04:22 AM EDT
[#30]
I'm not going to be able to get it there in time.  The FFL I use won't be back in town in time.  
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 9:12:14 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I'm not going to be able to get it there in time.  The FFL I use won't be back in town in time.  
View Quote

Use a different one?
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 1:50:34 PM EDT
[#32]
Thanks for the help. Mailed everything overnight. Please let me know if you get it. Thanks again for everything.
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 2:39:03 PM EDT
[#33]
I have interest
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 4:08:58 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I have interest
View Quote

The deadline to get funds in was today. You are welcome to e-mail Steve at [email protected] to see if he will still accept any funds and the signed FFL copy up through tomorrow.
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 5:42:51 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Thanks for the help. Mailed everything overnight. Please let me know if you get it. Thanks again for everything.
View Quote
Ken, I received yours yesterday.  You are GTG.

Palmetto and anyone else- Get your stuff together and drop it in a 2-3 day Priority as quickly as you can.  I figure several days of production time IF BCP can start Tuesday.  As long as it gets here before the end of production, you should be good.  

Stay tuned for more information on start dates Monday or Tuesday.  I will either post or email James when I find out.

Lower count is right at 40.  Thanks for all who have participated!
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 5:15:37 PM EDT
[#36]
I just got updated on this.  I will get everything out in the morning.  Sorry for the delay.  

Brian
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 12:57:58 AM EDT
[#37]
Message sent. Interested in a A4 lower. Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 6:45:57 PM EDT
[#38]
Steve had a meeting today with BCP. They got a lot of things ironed out. From what he told me, our batch of lowers are standing by for engraving once Steve is able to look over the pdf. drawing of the changes that I have mentioned. Hopefully, that will take place in a couple days. Once everything is agreed upon, engraving should only take a few days and then 2-3 weeks for anodizing. That is the latest info I have to share.

James
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 8:46:02 PM EDT
[#39]
I know I'm late to the game, but life has been in the way lately. Any chance of another batch of these being made in the future so I can perfect my FN M16A2 clone a little further
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 5:35:32 AM EDT
[#40]
Sarge, BCP will have the engraving program from now on.  They were surprised with the response of so many folks interested in this project.  they will keep the engraving program for future production.  While I dont see any "group buy" occurring, you may contact them at any time in the future to have one made for you.  Just bear in mind they will fit you in where they can in their normal operations.  The salesmans name is James Emanual and mention you want a "Hoolihan A2 lower"  He is the one who dubbed it the "Hoolihan Project" and he will nbe able to help you out when you are ready.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 5:38:57 AM EDT
[#41]
Ross C. from Sarasota, please contact me via PM or email [email protected].  I need your help with something.  Thanks!!
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 10:00:32 AM EDT
[#42]
Now if I can just find someone that will make a clone Diemaco C7 lower...
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 11:40:38 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Now if I can just find someone that will make a clone Diemaco C7 lower...
View Quote
There have been several built from engraved 80% lowers. They looked great.  Are you handy with tools?
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 4:02:05 PM EDT
[#44]
Guys, here is what is going into production in the next couple days. Just thought you may want to see what everything will look like.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 4:27:12 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Guys, here is what is going into production in the next couple days. Just thought you may want to see what everything will look like.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/76904/M16A2-replica-lower-172258.JPG
View Quote
Why do the markings look so low on the starboard side?

Illusion?

ETA: They sit a little higher on the real ones. Both sides actually.

Link Posted: 3/23/2017 4:50:29 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Why do the markings look so low on the starboard side?

Illusion?

ETA: They sit a little higher on the real ones. Both sides actually.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/c7/d8/df/c7d8dffd28664835b67af253c6fb4b18.jpg
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/17/97/62/179762c615e88036d01f050e4e5bcc5d.jpg
View Quote
It is an illusion. They are in the same spot on each side. We are aware of that the SAFE and BURST may be a bit lower than that on the Colt lowers. The text is more in line with the way the FN M16A2 lowers are marked. Besides, everything will look a bit differently once the safety selector is installed.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 4:51:24 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

It is an illusion. They are in the same spot on each side. We are aware of that the SAFE and BURST may be a bit lower than that on the Colt lowers. The text is more in line with the way the FN M16A2 lowers are marked.
View Quote
Not a big deal, just an observation on my part.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 6:53:42 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Not a big deal, just an observation on my part.
View Quote
Personally I am extremely pleased with BCP's work.  They were very amenable to all our issues and have done a great job in providing this FN based replica.

There were two issues with the fire control markings being placed any higher.  First is the lever stops are a bit lower on BCP's castings.  Second the engraving machine can only get so close to these stops.  The text will be visible when the safety lever is at 90* and at 270* if your lucky enough to actually build a rifle that can select "BURST" as an option!
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 6:56:16 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Personally I am extremely pleased with BCP's work.  They were very amenable to all our issues and have done a great job in providing this FN based replica.

There were two issues with the fire control markings being placed any higher.  First is the lever stops are a bit lower on BCP's castings.  Second the engraving machine can only get so close to these stops.  The text will be visible when the safety lever is at 90* and at 270* if your lucky enough to actually build a rifle that can select "BURST" as an option!
View Quote
No complaints here.

I'm very excited, All of my parts are just waiting on the lower, I'll have a 98% correct clone when it comes in.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 7:27:06 PM EDT
[#50]
Looks great ! Can't wait to get it built :)
Page / 7
Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top