Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 7
Posted: 2/14/2017 7:45:09 PM EDT
Myself and another fellow on another forum have been working on getting some special A2 lowers made. They will have the typical PROPERTY OF U.S. GOVT M16A2 CAL. 5.56MM  XXXXXXX and SAFE SEMI BURST markings along with the manufacturer's info, but no logo or third hole engraving. Right now, price is tentatively $89. More info will follow as more comes in. If you are interested in one of these lowers, please let me know. You can PM me or e-mail me at [email protected]. Here is what they are supposed to look like.

Attachment Attached File

As I said, we will know more later. We are hoping to bring these to fruition soon.
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 8:18:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Tagged
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 9:43:40 PM EDT
[#2]
That's awesome!  
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 9:53:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Very cool.  I swear I bought my last AR lower last year! Now this!!! BRD relapse!
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 12:17:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Tentatively interested.  Will they be anodized and, if so, do you know whether they will be grey (or black)?
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 8:40:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Tentatively interested.  Will they be anodized and, if so, do you know whether they will be grey (or black)?
View Quote

Right now, the plan is to have them produce complete anodized lowers. They would be in black. We can certainly request that some be available in a dark gray or even left in the white for those to finish themselves. We will know more in the upcoming days. Naturally, these things take time.
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 10:54:20 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm in.  PM inbound.
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 3:48:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Black or gray, it's stI'll friggin awesome.  Those who rolled our own using 80% blanks and after engraving, anodizing ended up paying a whole lot more than 90 bucks for the completed lower.
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 3:54:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Is there a possibility for specific serial numbers?  I've been gathering parts for a copy of my A2.
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 6:08:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Is there a possibility for specific serial numbers?  I've been gathering parts for a copy of my A2.
View Quote

Most likely not. We may work on having a specific series of serial numbers for these lowers. Of course, that is all dependent upon BCP's approval. Send me a PM if you are interested and I will update you as more info comes available.
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 6:30:09 PM EDT
[#10]
I love the idea, cool concept, simply executed.
I wonder if you should also put this in "AR Discussions" for more exposure, or do you feel it should be kept on the low?

Do you think this will be available in two months or sooner?

Can't wait for more info, really excited about this project!
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 7:34:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I love the idea, cool concept, simply executed.
I wonder if you should also put this in "AR Discussions" for more exposure, or do you feel it should be kept on the low?

Do you think this will be available in two months or sooner?

Can't wait for more info, really excited about this project!
View Quote

I would rather keep everything right here since it pertains to the A2. As far as a timeline, not sure just yet. We are trying to get these made available as soon as possible. I can understand your excitement. We have had a really good response over these lowers. Our initial plan is to have enough interest to do a first run of 25 lowers. We are very close to that number already. We are still working out details with BCP and have submitted a few more inquiries to make sure everything will be as we want them.
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 8:11:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Ok, thanks for the reply.

Hope all goes well. I'm looking forward to this, so put me down as one  two (2) of the 25!
I'll email you.

Thanks!

EDT: for two lowers
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 8:01:03 AM EDT
[#13]
PM sent
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 8:31:39 AM EDT
[#14]
tagged
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 12:25:57 PM EDT
[#15]
I would like one also I sent you a IM let me know when you have them ready and ordering info.
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 12:33:18 PM EDT
[#16]
I'd be interested in one also.

Edit: This place is 10 mins from my office so I could even go and pick mine up in person if that would be possible?
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 12:44:50 PM EDT
[#17]
In!
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 2:18:53 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
In!
View Quote

Send me a PM so I can add you to the growing list. Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 2:19:56 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I'd be interested in one also.

Edit: This place is 10 mins from my office so I could even go and pick mine up in person if that would be possible?
View Quote

James,

Send me a PM as a reminder so that I can notify you when I get more details as they come in.

James
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 12:58:37 AM EDT
[#20]
Count me in
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 7:27:14 AM EDT
[#21]
Add me to the list.
I may be in for several if you can keep them at this price.
I need to count for how many I need.
I will need 3 of the black and 2 of the grey.
If there are no grey, then I will take 5 of the black.
I am still counting upper receivers and may need several more from the next batch.
Thanks
Ron

IM sent to be added to your wait list.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 2:15:15 AM EDT
[#22]
Sent you an e-mail to be added to the list for two lowers.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 8:54:50 AM EDT
[#23]
jrs93accord, Are you planning your lowers to be milled to High of Low Shelf?
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 12:13:22 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
jrs93accord, Are you planning your lowers to be milled to High of Low Shelf?
View Quote

They will be whatever BCP is currently doing. I am not sure if they are low or high shelf. Most likely, they high shelf as most lowers made these days are.
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 11:43:25 PM EDT
[#25]
PM sent.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 2:57:26 AM EDT
[#26]
I  only buy Low Shelf lowers and mostly Spikes and McKay Lowers.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 3:06:24 AM EDT
[#27]
I was Hoping yours was going to be low Shelf.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 7:56:55 AM EDT
[#28]
Tagged pm sent
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 9:00:41 AM EDT
[#29]
I'm all over this.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 10:24:19 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I would rather keep everything right here since it pertains to the A2. As far as a timeline, not sure just yet. We are trying to get these made available as soon as possible. I can understand your excitement. We have had a really good response over these lowers. Our initial plan is to have enough interest to do a first run of 25 lowers. We are very close to that number already. We are still working out details with BCP and have submitted a few more inquiries to make sure everything will be as we want them.
View Quote

Is 25 the max your going to order for the first run?

Thanks
Ron
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 5:00:58 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Thanks
Ron
View Quote

It appears that we will be ordering quite a bit more than we anticipated. We have had request for nearly 40 lowers. There will only be as many made as there are orders for them. Tomorrow, there is a meeting with Black Creek Precision and the other guy involved in this venture. He have several things to iron out. I have given him a list of questions and concerns to address. One of which is whether or not these lowers can be ordered individually directly from BCP after the first run. I am also asking about the possibility of M16A4 marked lowers and engraved 80% lowers as well. We should have more answers tomorrow afternoon. I will keep everyone who has responded by e-mail or PM up to date as to any developments.
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 7:54:08 PM EDT
[#32]
Email sent
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 1:55:37 AM EDT
[#33]
Will these lowers be mil spec anodizing ?

Forged or billet?

Alloy of 6061 or 7075 T6, like mil spec?

Sorry for all the questions.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 7:35:42 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

It appears that we will be ordering quite a bit more than we anticipated. We have had request for nearly 40 lowers. There will only be as many made as there are orders for them. Tomorrow, there is a meeting with Black Creek Precision and the other guy involved in this venture. He have several things to iron out. I have given him a list of questions and concerns to address. One of which is whether or not these lowers can be ordered individually directly from BCP after the first run. I am also asking about the possibility of M16A4 marked lowers and engraved 80% lowers as well. We should have more answers tomorrow afternoon. I will keep everyone who has responded by e-mail or PM up to date as to any developments.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks
Ron

Thanks for the update!
Hope to hear more soon.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 2:43:51 PM EDT
[#35]
I have PM'd everyone I have received messages from with the highlights of the meeting that took place yesterday afternoon. If you are interested any have not contacted me or I missed sending you the latest info, please let me know.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 7:37:38 PM EDT
[#36]
Please email me the [email protected]
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 7:46:27 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Please email me the [email protected]
View Quote

Sent.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 8:12:57 PM EDT
[#38]
I think you'd sell out faster if they were simply 80% receivers with ALL the proper markings (minus sear pin hole of course) and pre-anodized in XM Grey.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 9:08:11 PM EDT
[#39]
I already sent my PM but a gray one would be most wicked. I have an XM gray McKay on an M16A2 clone but that "Caliber; Multi" drives me crazy.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 9:50:53 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I think you'd sell out faster if they were simply 80% receivers with ALL the proper markings (minus sear pin hole of course) and pre-anodized in XM Grey.
View Quote

BCP said that 80% lowers will not be available. That is one thing that is firm.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 9:53:23 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I already sent my PM but a gray one would be most wicked. I have an XM gray McKay on an M16A2 clone but that "Caliber; Multi" drives me crazy.
View Quote

That is something I am still having addressed. Having these available in black and dark gray would be a real plus. It will most likely be sometime next week before I hear anything on gray lowers. BCP does out-source for their anodizing and I am not sure who they use. They may or may not be able to have the dark gray anodizing done.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 9:55:52 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

BCP said that 80% lowers will not be available. That is one thing that is firm.
View Quote

<shrugs> Just means I'll have to continue to roll my own...
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 9:59:42 PM EDT
[#43]
IM sent.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 8:16:16 AM EDT
[#44]
A quick new flash. Lowers will be available only as 100% and in black type III hardcoat anodizing or "in the white" for those that want to do theirs in a gray finish. BCP will not be making gray ones available. I am working on seeing what the price difference will be. More next week.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 8:32:05 AM EDT
[#45]
Thanks for the update.
Ron
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 7:03:21 PM EDT
[#46]
IM sent, sorry for the delay.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 8:34:21 PM EDT
[#47]
About to do an A2 build so I'm definitely interested, the lower I had bought can be used for something else if I can get one of these.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 8:36:44 PM EDT
[#48]
I'm still waiting interested in a black one. I can spray it to match the upper.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 11:21:31 PM EDT
[#49]
****UPDATE****

Okay guys, here is some info that the other guy involved has just posted on another forum we belong to.

OK guys, I am going to bring you up to speed so anyone that is interested can start getting everything together to send out to me. Price per lower will be $89 each. Shipping for one will be $8, two for $12 , $18 for three.  USPS money orders only made out to Black Creek Precision, 5151 Sunbeam Rd, Suite 10, Jacksonville, FL, 32257. Please write what finish you want, black anodized or "in the white", in the "FOR" space on the MO. Sorry, BCP does not do in house anodizing so gray should be handled by the purchaser. That way you can get an exact match to your upper. My address is: Steve Hoolihan, 2724 Cherrywood Rd, Jacksonville, FL, 32210.

Just to assure everyone, Black Creek Precision is not a small producer of parts.  They do or have done work for 200+ companies.  They are capable and have produced 5-7000 lowers a month.  When I was there I saw lowers produced for InterOrdnance, a well known AK supplier.  Many companies see the quality of Black Creek and use them to supply parts. If you see a lower with the upgrades mentioned below, the possibility of it being a BCP is pretty good.  I already own a lower they made under a different name and its a quality piece.

More information:

1)Payment Deadline.  I am setting a deadline of March 15th for everyone to send their MO and FFL info to me.  Again the MO needs to be made out to BCP, not me.  I am only serving as a collection point so we can have a total production number to give BCP.  At this point, we are at close to a 50 unit production.

2) Production.  BCP will be able to start these lowers pretty quick after payment is received.  Total time will be 4 to 6 weeks,  The only glitch would be if they receive a large order from a buyer which will take priority over our run.  BCP does not do anodizing in house so that will be a bit of a wild card as well.  They seemed confident in the 4-6 weeks.
3) Appearance.  BCP will be able to reproduce our drawing and may include their logo if they can get it to fit with the other lettering with a good result.  If not it will have no logo but their manufacturers information will be included as specified.  SAFE, SEMI and BURST will be engraved on both sides of the lower.

4) Serial Numbers.  This hopefully will be starting at 0162001.  This will probably be doable but BCP wants to check with ATF to make sure there are no issues before they commit to it.  If not, they will be using their normal production numbering.  They said typically their serials are 6 numbers, no letters.

5) Variations.  Lowers "in the white"  will be available to those that wish that option.  BCP shied away from the 80% saying that they do not do them as a regular practice and they do not want any issues with ATF.  I do not want to push this issue as it really was not in the original game plan anyway. 100% will be the only option except for "in the white".  BCP is open to the possibility of doing a few with "M16A4" for those that are interested

6) RDIAS.  All lowers produced by BCP are Low shelf.  Low shelf means they are RDIAS compatable for those (including myself) that do not know.

7) Anodizing.  As I mentioned above, BCP does not do this in house. The finished lowers I looked at had a deep black finish on them, better than my Aero or even my S&W.  

8) Standard extras.  These lowers are quality pieces.  BCP includes an Allen Screw at the mag release pivot pin, Allen Screw for a take down detent spring retainer and the lower has a take up screw to tighten the upper and lower receiver slack.

9) Future Direct Sales.  Not sure about this, they did not really address it but more or less implied they prefer it go thru me probably thinking there may be another big production as well.  I would think that anyone would be able to contact BCP about it and see. They do custom work but a request for one would be pretty low on the priority list so if anyone wants one, they need to jump on this bandwagon.  I do not see BCP putting these on the market on any regular basis. I will supply James Emanual's (Sales, BCP) name and email to anyone after we do our initial run.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 12:13:56 AM EDT
[#50]
3) Appearance. BCP will be able to reproduce our drawing and may include their logo if they can get it to fit with the other lettering with a good result. If not it will have no logo but their manufacturers information will be included as specified. SAFE, SEMI and BURST will be engraved on both sides of the lower.

Why the logo?

I don't mind the manufactures information as required, but not the logo.

How about just doing it like the drawing shown?

Ron
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 7
Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top