BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/22/2013 1:57:53 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/22/2013 6:57:54 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm old school  .  I love this upper.    all it needs is   20" barrel 5.56 non chromed (1-8 or 1-9) with a  birdcage,   A2 stock with the built in glove box/ weapons cleaning kit storage ,    single strap ,  Colt BCG ,  Colt small hole lower . two piece round hand guard.   .   A2 front site with a full length gas tube.     no bells or whistles
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 11:35:56 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a A2 upper receiver (8/3) that is matched with a 16" mid-upper.  Plan to have this rifle stock with a A2 stock.  I know when it comes to zeroing a 20" A2, its one click past the 8/3 mark at 25m, does this procedure apply to the 16" 8/3 A2?
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 12:08:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: backbencher] [#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By katrina24:
I'm old school  .  I love this upper.    all it needs is   20" barrel 5.56 non chromed (1-8 or 1-9) with a  birdcage,   A2 stock with the built in glove box/ weapons cleaning kit storage ,    single strap ,  Colt BCG ,  Colt small hole lower . two piece round hand guard.   .   A2 front site with a full length gas tube.     no bells or whistles
View Quote

Or an Aimpoint, a forward 4 rail forend, and a collapsible stock:

Link Posted: 2/9/2015 2:33:54 PM EDT
[#4]
For years I've been trying to figure out how to make my A2 (pre-ban) quit jamming.  I cannot empty a magazine without at least one jam occurring.  I'm talking about any mods which would help, because the thing which helps least is cleaning it (including the gas tube.), and what helps most is squirting a lot of oil into the receiver when a jam occurs.  I rebuilt all of my old metal magazines with new followers and springs, I bought new Magpul magazines, I put a stiffer ejector spring on it, and I replaced the buffer spring with a competition spring, none of which helped the problem.  I think I may need a new bolt carrier group, but that is a lot of money to spend for something that may not work.  Does anyone have any suggestions?  BTW, I only use Federal, milspec 5.56 55 grain FMJ ammo in it.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/9/2015 2:50:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Might want to start a new thread on that, instead of asking in a tacked thread.
Link Posted: 2/12/2015 3:09:47 PM EDT
[#6]
I've always been under the impression that a tacked thread exists to to prevent it from disappearing into the black hole all forums seem to have.  I was also under the impression that I might get some help for my A2 in a forum for A2s from someone who actually is interested in and maybe even knows something about A2s.  As it is, the armorer where I work doesn't have an answer for me since all we use are M4s, none of which have had the problem I"m experiencing.  Thanks for the enlightenment.
Link Posted: 2/12/2015 4:07:05 PM EDT
[#7]
You're missing the point of tacked threads in general, and this tacked thread in particular.  

In a more practical sense, too - the reality is that tacked threads are almost never read, and usually tend to get far less traffic than "regular" posts.  

Also, the A2 forum is not a terribly heavily trafficked sub-forum, so the fear of your post "quickly disappearing" into the ether is relatively low - it will probably stay "first page" for a pretty long time before even getting kicked to the second page, much less pass into the archive.  

Finally, your question, while it is occurring in your case to an A2 - is not really "A2 specific," it's a general troubleshooting question, and would probably get more play time, views, and therefore assistance in other sub-forums besides this one.  

You're more than welcome to post in this forum - and even in this thread, for that matter, if you think it will help, but my practical experience would be, neverminding any "forum police" games, that you're just not going to get that much action where you've posted your question.

~Augee
Link Posted: 2/12/2015 4:13:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 12:22:58 AM EDT
[#9]
can i legally buy a colt 6520 in california ?
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 9:42:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: grondike] [#10]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By slopdog:

can i legally buy a colt 6520 in california ?
View Quote

Another question that should be in its own thread (click New Topic rather than Reply), but I don't think so. AFAIK, all 6520s are marked AR-15A2 Gov't Carbine, and I'm pretty sure that CA law prohibits the AR-15 marking.

Link Posted: 3/10/2015 10:33:23 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/14/2018 6:55:23 PM EDT
[#12]
I have the a2 flat top convertible looks just like the delta i think they were scarce in 1998.
Link Posted: 2/10/2023 10:37:20 AM EDT
[#13]
Sounds like this was aimed at me. My apology. I'm new and obviously posted my question to the wrong place. I'll be careful not to make this mistake again...
CEGJr
Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top