Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/13/2017 1:54:19 AM EDT
I realize the CZ 805 Bren really isn't an AR15, but I have narrowed my list down to one of these two options. I was wondering if any members have experience with both and could lend me a hand in which option would be the better choice.

I already have a LWRC DI that I really like. So if I go the IC-A5 route, I would just go the upper route and use the same LWRC lower that I have. Both of them seem to be very good options for what I want; dependable, durable, combat/field proven, good reputation, plenty accurate...etc. The CZ has a slight edge in that it is still a few hundred dollars cheaper than the LWRC upper. But other than the price, is there one of these that slightly edges out the other?
Link Posted: 10/13/2017 8:03:21 AM EDT
[#1]
Wait for one of the sales and snatch up an A5 upper, if you want to run a can especially.

No experience with a Bren myself though.
Link Posted: 10/13/2017 8:49:32 AM EDT
[#2]
When the A5 upper goes on sale, is it a pretty good sale?
Link Posted: 10/13/2017 10:52:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
When the A5 upper goes on sale, is it a pretty good sale?
View Quote
Oh yeah, the savings are significant.  Anywhere from 20%-40% I believe.  I'd definitely wait until Black Friday/Cyber Monday.

I'd say the LWRC over the CZ (If you already have muscle memory built up with the AR platform).  Garand Thumb did a good review of one the other day:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bq860Js0QJ0
Link Posted: 10/13/2017 11:22:35 AM EDT
[#4]
I really like the bren a friend has and I plan to add one to the collection at some point. For a every day use rifle I still would go lwrci which has one of the best lowers I have used. The bren is a great contender and there isn’t anything really wrong with it but I still prefer the Lwrci. I think the 806 that is coming in eventually will be the real contender with the updates.
Link Posted: 10/13/2017 4:57:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Oh yeah, the savings are significant.  Anywhere from 20%-40% I believe.  I'd definitely wait until Black Friday/Cyber Monday.

I'd say the LWRC over the CZ (If you already have muscle memory built up with the AR platform).  Garand Thumb did a good review of one the other day:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bq860Js0QJ0
View Quote
Thanks. 40% would be an awesome discount. Definitely worth waiting until Black Friday to see what kind of deal they have then. Thanks!

I will check out Garand Thumb. I like his channel and reviews, must have missed his CZ 805 review.
Link Posted: 10/14/2017 12:26:17 AM EDT
[#6]
Tough choice. I have a LWRC and love it, but I would get the 805 because its different. Just like the SCAR, the 805 feels big compared to an AR. If you are into collecting different rifle get the 805. If you can't deviate from AR ergonomics get a LWRC.
Link Posted: 10/17/2017 10:03:37 AM EDT
[#7]
I like the AR ergonomics. But wouldn't say I am tied to it since I also shoot a lot of AK. The interesting thing about the CZ is that it seems like a lot of rifle for the money, gets great reviews, is battle tested and should be very durable and dependable. The negatives are the charging handle, weight...etc. Negatives that are fixed on the 806 Bren. Almost feels like it is worth waiting for them to release the 806 stateside, if that ever happens.

The CZ is around 8-8.5 lbs iirc. The LWRC would be closer to 7 lbs. Makes a big difference for a rifle to use for 2/3 gun, SHTF...etc.
Link Posted: 11/2/2017 2:16:57 AM EDT
[#8]
I went with a CZ 805 Bren. Got it for a solid deal that I couldn't pass up. Definitely a great rifle. If I find a great deal on an IC-A5 upper with the holiday sales, maybe I could be convinced. But right now, I am really content with the CZ. Great quality and the action is silky smooth.
Link Posted: 11/5/2017 1:19:17 PM EDT
[#9]
I just want to say up front that I do not own an LWRCi rifle or upper. I do, however, own several piston variants (PWS, LMT, AA). I purchased a Bren 805 with the LEO/MIL discount directly through CZ-USA, and I have to say that I am impressed with it. While I own several polymer pistols, I wasn't sure how I would feel about a rifle with a polymer lower. I actually like the damn thing... a LOT. As pointed out above, the Bren is a smooth shooter. I run my support hand out far enough as to not interfere with the charging handle. Aside from the charging handle the rest of the Bren controls are very similar to the AR platform. A simple adjustment to the AR manual of arms is all that is needed to operate the rifle effectively. Accuracy wise it is "good enough" in my book. I have precision built rifles that fill the precision role, unfortunately the Bren does not currently have the aftermarket system to build one out as fancy as an AR.

I would still like to get my hands on an LWRCi, and may do that in the near future. However my safe has seen a bit of AR-over saturation and needed some different blood in the mix. If I had to make the decision between the two, I would honestly look at price first as I feel both are a quality product.

Keep us updated as to your decision and purchase!
Link Posted: 11/10/2017 10:28:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Lwrc has 25% off uppers right now.  Really like my A5 uppers.
Link Posted: 11/11/2017 12:58:45 PM EDT
[#11]
LWRC is not my favorite piston brand.  I'd go with the CZ.
Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top