Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/4/2017 4:23:59 AM EDT
Was talking with someone the other day who staid the new POFs are more reliable by less accurate. They are in my price range - what are the like for reliability and accuracy?
Link Posted: 9/7/2017 1:18:52 AM EDT
[#1]
I have both PWS and POF rifles. I only shot suppressed and almost all are SBR length. Both brands are tack drivers and dead nuts accurate. Who ever said POF wasn't didn't know what they were talking about.

In 223, I prefer my POF over the PWS. It's smoother shooting. I know a lot of people talk about how long stroke (PWS) is smooth . . . . and it is compared to DI but in my experience at 10.5", suppressed (yes same can on both guns), the POF is better. Now it weighs a ton more which factors into why it's smoother so if you're going to hiking for miles that might make a difference. But if it's just a range gun, it doesn't matter.

Buy with confidence and be happy.
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 9:39:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Don't care if they make the best thing since sliced bread, based on how myself and MANY others were treated with their non functioning 762 rifles, they can ram them where the sun never shines.
Link Posted: 9/9/2017 1:53:21 AM EDT
[#3]
I am no fanboy by any stretch of the imagination but I assume you're talking about their early 308 model, correct? Those did have problems as I recall but you don't hear about that in the last several years. Especially in the Gen 4 models.

I can appreciate feeling burned by a bad weapon though. I have one (a handgun) I'd like to get rid of. Too bad the local PD doesn't do buy backs. I'd love to get a little cash for it but don't feel good about selling it to someone. Anyway sorry you got burned on their early stuff.
Link Posted: 9/9/2017 2:05:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Not your fault my friend.

I've not heard much about them in the last few years, and I would assume they have the kinks worked out. Good for them.

After being abused like the proverbial step-child, I'll never spend one red cent with them, period. CS acted like they were doing me a favor by even talking to me.
Link Posted: 11/11/2017 8:49:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Not your fault my friend.

I've not heard much about them in the last few years, and I would assume they have the kinks worked out. Good for them.

After being abused like the proverbial step-child, I'll never spend one red cent with them, period. CS acted like they were doing me a favor by even talking to me.
View Quote
I have an older 5r chrome lined 16 inchupper from 2006 and a gen 4 16 inch p415 both are tack drivers. Will Mazzlo with their sales/cs has been great to work with recently when I actually needed to contact them.
Link Posted: 11/11/2017 9:05:14 PM EDT
[#6]
my 2009 POF 308 runs like a champ...

that said, dunno anything about the latest generation
Link Posted: 11/18/2017 6:37:23 PM EDT
[#7]
My old circa 2003 POF .308 was hit and miss , my new POF USA GEN 4 P308-16-11M-308 NP3 is flawless and very accurate. They got their shit together now .
Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top