Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/24/2017 7:09:44 PM EDT
I love the new Adams arms low profile gas block and you can get the bcg nickel coated! But is the kit with the clamping gas block ok? What do you think?
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 7:19:31 PM EDT
[#1]
the newer P-series low-profile gas block that i got in the mail recently have the usual 2 set screws and also a provision (dimple) in the right place for drilling for a cross-pin.
Link Posted: 8/25/2017 7:08:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I love the new Adams arms low profile gas block and you can get the bcg nickel coated! But is the kit with the clamping gas block ok? What do you think?
View Quote

Loc-Tite Red the clamp screws and you'd won't have to worry about it backing off.
Link Posted: 8/30/2017 1:23:10 PM EDT
[#3]
I have the old clamped gas blocks. They haven't gone anywhere for me and I didn't even loc-tite it like some suggested.
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 9:49:21 PM EDT
[#4]
I have the old one as well. I dont recall putting any on the screws either. Mine has not moved.
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 2:01:25 AM EDT
[#5]
I have one of the new gas blocks that replaces the XLP  block. Anyone know a good freefloat rail that will fit over it?
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 5:41:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have one of the new gas blocks that replaces the XLP  block. Anyone know a good freefloat rail that will fit over it?
View Quote
I think the Samson Evo rail will work with the Adams Arms eqpt as is, it retains the stock mil-spec barrel nut.

the issue is at least two-fold.  you need a rail that will clearance the P-series gas block, and then the barrel nut needs to accommodate the bushing for the piston drive rod.

I profiled the top of the AA P-series GB slightly (minimally) so that a Midwest Industries rail would fit over it with some clearance, and then, after torquing the barrel to spec, marked where i had to clearance the barrel nut and file a flat for the bushing to rest against.  i made the barrel nut cutout so that the notched height was the same height as a regular std mil-spec barrel nut.  can't remember what that dimension was, maybe .850".  i'm sure this voided all warranties.

i've put a couple hundred rounds through it sofar, no issues, no rubbing of the GB against the handguard.  my main worry is that the bushing that's resting against the barrel nut serves as a seat for the drive rod spring.  since the bushing contact point on the barrel nut isn't on the bushing centerline, might be cocked and could be galling, but sofar so good, light coat of grease.   it's survived several mag dumps no issue.

ETA: added a booger weld on top of the barrel nut, filed it to provide a flat spot to support the drive rod spring cup.

Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top