Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/17/2017 7:28:20 PM EDT
Picked it up today. Put on the Vortex 1-4 from midwayusa $350 and $140 AD mount on amazon.

Range results to follow after this weekend with SMK 168, 175 M118 speciel ball, M118LR , surplus and some reloads.

Love it so far. Light weight vs my old 18" repr and seems to handle better than my old 14.7" mjolnir.
Goes great with my LWRC IC-A5. Same controls on both lowers, same type charging handle and helps with muscle memory.
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 8:14:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Very nice
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 10:26:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Nice rifle!
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 10:30:50 AM EDT
[#3]
That is a very nice rifle you have there. It should serve you well. I love my UCIW and M6-SL. Both are super reliable and clean running rifles!
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 6:00:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Didn't get to put it on paper today due to the rain and mud. But did get to ring some steel at 50 and 100 yards.
Without any adjustment to the scope I was hitting steel silhouettes at 50 yards standing with Surplus FN 77 m80 ball ammo.
At 100 yards standing I was hitting low and left with Radeway Green RG 88 date I think, M80 ball.
Didn't do any adjustments until I can shoot from a bench with match ammo.

Smooth shooting and everything felt good.
Hopefully next week get to try it on paper.

One other thing I rode the charging handle home once and didn't completely chamber a round and could of used the forward assist like on the repr's or ar-15 series of rifles. Just a thought for ppl looking at this system. I didn't even give it a thought before buying and didn't notice the lack of not having one until I needed it.
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 6:38:44 PM EDT
[#5]
a local shop has a used one of these, i was amazed at the weight too, felt the same as my bushy ocr with 16" barrel and centurion cmr rail. do want.

will be interested in the accuracy you get.
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 10:47:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Looking at picking one up do you have any concerns or issues outside of the forward assist not being there?  How have the range sessions been?
Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top