Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/26/2016 7:00:09 AM EDT
Any Superlative Arms piston kit owners care to share their handguard choices/fit experiences for those of us looking to use the SA kits?
Link Posted: 12/26/2016 9:21:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Just installed a carbine length SA Piston Kit under a Samson MFG Evolution Series 7.  Fit close, but easily.
Link Posted: 12/26/2016 3:29:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Fortis Switch with clamp-on & Fortis Night Rail with set screw fit no problem.
Link Posted: 12/26/2016 10:46:11 PM EDT
[#3]
BCM KMR fits well under .625 kit, on the .750 the screws need to be slightly dremeled as they barely touch the handguard. Clearance on top of the gas block is tight, but not touching by any means.
Link Posted: 12/26/2016 10:52:41 PM EDT
[#4]
I've used the aero precision FF handguards without issue.
Link Posted: 12/27/2016 5:57:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Doesn't fit under ALG EMR V3, but works just fine with Geissele MK8
Link Posted: 12/29/2016 3:19:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Works fine with YHM SLR keymod and UTG pro slim keymod handguards.
Link Posted: 12/29/2016 3:47:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Mega MKM here.  Fit is good.

Link Posted: 1/6/2017 10:34:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Used UTG Pro.
Link Posted: 1/7/2017 9:13:58 AM EDT
[#9]
Geissele mk4 and noveske nsr here, Its going to fit in nearly everything that has an upper rail opening of about greater than or equal to ~.44in
Link Posted: 1/7/2017 10:11:22 AM EDT
[#10]
KMR works with .75 gas block with set screws.
Link Posted: 1/7/2017 2:03:18 PM EDT
[#11]
SilentBob Do you have the Aero M4E1 upper?
Link Posted: 1/8/2017 12:45:10 AM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
SilentBob Do you have the Aero M4E1 upper?
View Quote

two in fact; one with a 12" and other with a 15".
Link Posted: 1/8/2017 6:51:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

two in fact; one with a 12" and other with a 15".
View Quote

No issues with the SupArms piston rod and the integrated barrel but? I want to add the kit to my 15" M4E1 setup.
Link Posted: 1/9/2017 1:38:02 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

No issues with the SupArms piston rod and the integrated barrel but? I want to add the kit to my 15" M4E1 setup.
View Quote

Not that I can see.  I should say I have a low round count as they are my newest builds, maybe a couple hundred rounds total.
Link Posted: 1/10/2017 8:14:44 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Not that I can see.  I should say I have a low round count as they are my newest builds, maybe a couple hundred rounds total.
View Quote

Thanks for this info^  I was debating on what I would use my carbine kit for now that I've changed my upper configuration around.  Think I might give the M4E1 a shot now that I know it works, thanks!
Link Posted: 1/10/2017 10:56:28 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

Thanks for the update. Looks like I will be getting the kit then.
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 9:11:01 AM EDT
[#17]
Anybody used one with an SLR hanguard?
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 1:17:38 AM EDT
[#18]
I think there is too much material thickness on top for it to fit. IIRC I tried it and wife's impingement setup inherited it.
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 3:10:24 PM EDT
[#19]
Clamp on version does not fit under a Noveske NSR.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 10:49:40 PM EDT
[#20]
I've used Centurion C4, Fortis Rev, Aero M4E1, and a tactical solutions quad rail without issues. Tried a DDM4 Lite Rail III and it was a no go. the piston and back end of the block (circular extension out the back wit the piston inside) fit fine, but the block itself would not fit into the channel above the barrel and below the top rail.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 2:38:19 AM EDT
[#21]
2nd the SLR question.  Anyone tried it?
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 6:43:38 AM EDT
[#22]
I did. There was too much material inside on top for it to clear the gas block. That is why I went with UTG pro. Sent a note to SLR about it as it was not much to make it work. Been a few years - maybe they changed them. Really liked the SLR Handguard but it did not slide over the gas block free and clear.
SLR
Attachment Attached File

UTG Pro
Attachment Attached File

Superlative with UTG Pro
Attachment Attached File

Wife's SLR
Attachment Attached File

UTG Pro on spare
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 8:37:40 PM EDT
[#23]
Your wifes slr is that the solo series?  Also, do you have the clamp on or set screw gas block?  Thanks
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 8:27:01 AM EDT
[#24]
I believe it is a Solo lite and set screws on wife's. the gas block on my Superlative and Syrac are about the same height and the Syrac is a clamp on. Think the Superlative is set screws.
Main issue was the clamp on bolts and clearance top to bottom for the clamp on.
Link to my posting in the archives:
LINKAttachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/3/2017 9:55:27 AM EDT
[#25]
Got bought clamp on and set screw suparms piston and both fit my slr ion ul and ion hybrid.  Issue you will have is the ion series and pretty sure same goes for the helix series, the barrel nut is thicker in diameter compared to the solo series barrel nut.  Had to use my dremmel to create enough clearance for the op rod.  I can post pics anyone is interested.
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 3:42:12 PM EDT
[#26]
Clamp on fits under both my DD Omega rail and my CMT UHPR Mod 2 rail.  The CMT rail is the tighter fit of the two... enough clearance around it to where I'm not worried about it, but not enough clearance on the bottom to use the MLOK slot directly beneath it.
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 9:39:36 PM EDT
[#27]
I used Midwest Industries LWM 10.5". It fits fine as-is and that's how I shot it for a while but I recently decided to do some dremeling on the bottom edge in order to prevent the gas block from touching.

http://imgur.com/a/IOW53
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 6:07:32 PM EDT
[#28]
I just checked my Fortis Rev II M-LOK rail with a friend's kit that had the set screws on the gas block. It fit without issues.  The Fortis mounts on a standard barrel nut.  It was snug around the top of the block inside the rail but there was enough room below the block that the clamp version would probably fit also.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 9:37:23 PM EDT
[#29]
Joe Bob Outfitters Matrix Arms will not fit any type of Piston system as far as I can tell.  SA is definitely NO GO.  Not even close

Seekins NOS will fit over the SA .75" clamp on, but it is touching on bottom near the screws and on top at one side or the other of the piston.  It fits, but your handguard will definitely be influencing your point of impact.

BCM fits, but only barely.  I had to take my rail and gas block off and back on 5 times before everything lined up.  I have the .75" clamp on.  I had to sand the screw heads on the clamp.  Then on top you only have a few thousands to spare between the piston and the sides of the top of the rail.  However, the BCM is so rigid you only need a few thousandths and it will never touch.  The set screw model would be an easy install as long as you get everything straight.  BCM is good on the SA  IMHO.

Obviously, Samson Evolution fits no problem and Seekins MCSR whatever clears by a mile.  Anything using the BAR nut or the enhanced uppers should fit easy.

I have SLR's, but have not tried them.  Pictures above show they wont work.

A friend has an Odin Works O2 rail on an SLR set up.  I have not tried it, but eyeballing it next to the SA kit it looks like it should fit.  I have not measured the width of the upper channel.  The O2 is one wickid looking design.
Link Posted: 9/3/2017 4:46:46 AM EDT
[#30]
Works with a URX4
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 10:04:12 PM EDT
[#31]
How about a Midwest Industries G3 ??
Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top