Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 6
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 8:52:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Got mine today, but no time to look at it other than just pulling it out of the box. Excited to try it out this weekend though.
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 9:10:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Got mine today, but no time to look at it other than just pulling it out of the box. Excited to try it out this weekend though.
View Quote
Keep us posted.
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 9:17:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Anybody's front sight wooble?
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 11:54:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Didn't notice, but there was a extra front sight post in with it. At first I thought it was a different height to make up for the design so US rear irons would work. However it does not seem any different by eye balling it, but as I said above I did not have time to really examine it today.
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 5:53:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Didn't notice, but there was a extra front sight post in with it. At first I thought it was a different height to make up for the design so US rear irons would work. However it does not seem any different by eye balling it, but as I said above I did not have time to really examine it today.
View Quote
I received 2 front sights also. I thought the same thing. I have examined  them closely yet ...
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 9:37:10 PM EDT
[#6]
My front sight is tight. But the more I think of it I can't understand why they did not bring in the rear sights for theses uppers. Even if they had to charge another $100, they would still sell like hot cakes.
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 9:57:17 PM EDT
[#7]

Link Posted: 4/5/2017 10:27:53 PM EDT
[#8]
I need that lower.
Link Posted: 4/7/2017 3:30:01 AM EDT
[#9]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHRwzyPTrRU

T91 airsoft.  Pretty uncanny how functionaly close they are getting.  Carry handle is supposedly forged and the buttstock and pistol grip look like might be close to real.  The price tag certainly implies its not junk (~$900).
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 11:58:44 PM EDT
[#10]
MBELL, has a review video up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kiRybiOHB8k&feature=youtu.be
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 1:53:02 AM EDT
[#11]
Pics of the manual:

Link Posted: 4/9/2017 3:15:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Has anyone suppressed one of these yet?
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 3:19:56 PM EDT
[#13]
There are videos of them suppressed in youtube. Goin to try mine suppressed next week after I get it back from having the barrel threaded.
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 3:33:56 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
There are videos of them suppressed in youtube. Goin to try mine suppressed next week after I get it back from having the barrel threaded.
View Quote
I've looked a bit and haven't seen one.  Hook a brother up?
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 7:21:05 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0psT6Q-v9AY
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 9:45:30 PM EDT
[#16]
Not mine, just viewed this vid.

Link Posted: 4/9/2017 9:58:05 PM EDT
[#17]
What buffer weight does Wolf officially recommend for use with this upper: carbine, H, H2, rifle?
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 10:56:11 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
What buffer weight does Wolf officially recommend for use with this upper: carbine, H, H2, rifle?
View Quote
It depends on whether you run it semi only or fully automatic included.
WOLF A1 review

From this video, the combination of VLTOR A5 Buffer tube, Extra power Green spring,Heavy 6.1oz buffer seems to work fine on semi only,
however a lighter spring and buffer are required to run full auto.
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 12:51:07 PM EDT
[#19]
@mbell

His vid might be one of the bests.

Wolf A1 T91 AR-15 Piston Upper Review & Field Test: Built Like a Tank - Runs Like a Sewing Machine

Clearly shows the breakdown of the piston system.
Best how he shows the rod is stepped, so only the part intended in that order will allow it to fit. So you cant put them on out of order.
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 2:45:09 PM EDT
[#20]
Given the claims of them being overgassed, is there any reasonable way to adjust that?
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 4:02:50 PM EDT
[#21]
I had a relative purchase about $200 worth of parts from a Taiwanese airsoft store.  Some of the stuff was obviously fake due to poor fitment or quality of manufacture (aluminum parts subbed for steel or plastic instead of polymer).  

This is the stuff I am almost certain is authentic based on comparisons of the real thing.  I referenced this website: http://firearmsworld.net/china/tw/t91/t91.htm

A couple of things to note:
The FSB has a setscrew on the bottom through the hole in the picatinny rail.  So it is attached by both the crosspin and the setscrew.  
The barrel hole on the FSB .625 (M16A1) rather than the .750 used on the Wolf upper.  Comparing to a Colt FSB, I can tell that the Taiwanese unit is definitely forged.
The handguard hook on the gas selector is free rotating so it will not spin or effect the gas plug release knob.
The castle nut on the receiver extension is aluminum, which seems kind of odd?  The end plate is stamped parkerized steel.
The Receiver extension is not mil-spec or commercial, it is it's own dimension and the stock will only fit on this particular extension.
There are (dead?) tritium vials or some type of luminous element on the front sight and the carry handle.  The carry handle sight plane is definitely lower than a USGI carry handle, which explains the low front sight.

Link Posted: 4/24/2017 5:53:35 PM EDT
[#22]
Very interesting. Do you know of a vendor that would ship these parts to the US?
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 2:59:10 PM EDT
[#23]
Any recommendations for a rear sight that looks reasonably correct? My upper should show up today.
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 6:28:01 PM EDT
[#24]
I just got mine... do all of them have really bad fit and finish, or did I just get a bad one? Multiple dings through the anodizing that I can catch my fingernail on, big burrs, etc

Link Posted: 4/26/2017 7:18:40 PM EDT
[#25]
Received mine a few days ago; handguard takedown pin sticking out about an inch. Could not drive or push it in and had to totally remove the handguards and reinstall; finally got the pin seated, very tight though. Also noticed front sight ears wobble left to right and fwd and backwards. Called Aim and they referred me to Wolf; said I could return it for another or they could tell me how to fix the play in the front sight. Took about 5 minutes with their instructions and now sight is tight. The upper fit great on my Aero precision lower.
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 7:22:28 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Any recommendations for a rear sight that looks reasonably correct? My upper should show up today.
View Quote
Wolf told me that the long sight post that was included will work with the A2 Carry Handle sight: I ordered a Daniel Defense rear site also.

https://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=XDD11002
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 7:32:44 PM EDT
[#27]
Dont know what flash hider came with yours; mine had an extended A2 type. On Gunbroker this person is selling the T91 comp/hider.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Item/639951834
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 9:16:23 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
@mbell

His vid might be one of the bests.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kiRybiOHB8k

Clearly shows the breakdown of the piston system.
Best how he shows the rod is stepped, so only the part intended in that order will allow it to fit. So you cant put them on out of order.
View Quote
As Confucius say, "Wise Man does not shit in own mess kit."

Would really like to see this chambered in 6.5 Grendel.
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 9:46:51 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Received mine a few days ago; handguard takedown pin sticking out about an inch. Could not drive or push it in and had to totally remove the handguards and reinstall; finally got the pin seated, very tight though. Also noticed front sight ears wobble left to right and fwd and backwards. Called Aim and they referred me to Wolf; said I could return it for another or they could tell me how to fix the play in the front sight. Took about 5 minutes with their instructions and now sight is tight. The upper fit great on my Aero precision lower.
View Quote
Mine also had the front sight wobble. I sent it back and I didn't expect to get a new replacement. I'm not complaining though since the new one has a better fit on the front pivot pin, I don't have to pound it in anymore.
Link Posted: 4/27/2017 10:29:49 AM EDT
[#30]
Looks like I have front sight wobble too.
Link Posted: 4/27/2017 11:12:04 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Looks like I have front sight wobble too.
View Quote
Call Wolf and they will refer you to their technical section and they will tell you how to fix the wobble.
Link Posted: 4/27/2017 11:18:41 AM EDT
[#32]
I already emailed Atlantic regarding the finish issues I posted again, we'll see what they say. I know, it's a gun and it'll get beat up anyway over time, but dings through the anodizing when I take it out of the box sucks.
Link Posted: 4/27/2017 12:10:11 PM EDT
[#33]
I just got a call from a Wolf representative, they're sending me a return tag.
Link Posted: 4/27/2017 1:06:39 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Wolf told me that the long sight post that was included will work with the A2 Carry Handle sight: I ordered a Daniel Defense rear site also.

https://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=XDD11002
View Quote
The downside of the long sight post is that it's thicker. I generally prefer thin posts (which the one installed from the factory is).

I was hoping to get as close to the original style as I could (but will admit that I'm not sure what that is).
Link Posted: 4/27/2017 4:42:56 PM EDT
[#35]
Well, mine's in the mail going back to them...

I also asked if they'll be bringing in the proper rear sights and got the reply:

We are going to bring in the carry handle from the T91 that will work with the original shorter front sight sometime in the future
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 4:58:25 PM EDT
[#36]
Hi,
I'm also in the process of getting some of these parts from Taiwan. Can you share some of your experience of fitting them on? Did they drill the gas hole on the FSB? Does the thread on the stock tube fits? How did you handle the different barrel size issue on the FSB?
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 5:42:05 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Hi,
I'm also in the process of getting some of these parts from Taiwan. Can you share some of your experience of fitting them on? Did they drill the gas hole on the FSB? Does the thread on the stock tube fits? How did you handle the different barrel size issue on the FSB?
View Quote
Would you mind sharing where you can get these?
Link Posted: 5/3/2017 1:07:58 PM EDT
[#38]
I'm getting them through a personal friend there who happens to be a Airsoft player.
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 4:13:52 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Hi,
View Quote
Gas port hole is undrilled.  I don't know how I would install it since there is no barrel nut wrench to remove the barrel, it is .625 diameter so it won't fit on the supplied .750 barrel.

Stock tube installed fine, however you need a short buffer and short spring: the standard AR15 carbine buffer/spring combo is too long and there will not be enough space to lock back the bolt.
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 9:59:36 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Gas port hole is undrilled.  I don't know how I would install it since there is no barrel nut wrench to remove the barrel, it is .625 diameter so it won't fit on the supplied .750 barrel.

Stock tube installed fine, however you need a short buffer and short spring: the standard AR15 carbine buffer/spring combo is too long and there will not be enough space to lock back the bolt.
View Quote
@PRYDE I sent you a message and email. 
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 11:09:30 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote
Thank you sir. I measure my barrel and it is 0.68, may be they're not consistent. Gas port will be a tricky one. Please keep us posted on buffer and spring situation. Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/5/2017 1:12:23 AM EDT
[#42]
Why are you guys getting new FSBs?  Because they are railed?  The only parts I'm interested in are the carry handle and/or rear stand alone sight, grip and buttstock.

Going to get a few more of these lowers engraved.

Link Posted: 5/5/2017 2:00:37 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
@PRYDE I sent you a message and email. 
View Quote
Sorry but I'm not obtaining any more.
Link Posted: 5/5/2017 2:04:18 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Thank you sir. I measure my barrel and it is 0.68, may be they're not consistent. Gas port will be a tricky one. Please keep us posted on buffer and spring situation. Thanks.
View Quote
It is not .68
Measure the shoulder area directly under the gas block, it is .750, it tapers down to .68 afterwards, but that's not where the gas block goes.
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 11:35:12 PM EDT
[#45]
Just receive some T91 items from Taiwan:
1. Stock: fits good with 1.18 tube
2. Grip: no issue
3. Nut: not try on the gun but fit fine on a spare tube and you can use the AR tool to tighten it.
4. T91 cleaning mat
5. T91 3-point sling
6. Stand alone rear sight: already intall scope and just zero in so didn't want to take it off. Look fine and it's secure to the 1913 rail throug a roller pin.
Didn't get the FSB this time but I'm getting more, will report back. It is strange because I measure right in front of the current FSB, it's 0.67.
I can't seem to post photo.
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 12:13:16 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Nitriding is better than chrome, but I want tight molecular bonding and for that, I would want  Np3.
Nitriding like chrome is a surface plating process but it has poorer wear uniformity characteristics as compared to Np3
View Quote
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nitriding

Meloniting causes the steel to itself to change.  It is completely inseparable from the substrate and cannot be metallurgically compared with any plating process like NiB or NP3.
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 11:20:18 PM EDT
[#47]
I was just informed that these parts are all made by WE
http://www.wemodel.com.tw/ugC_ShowroomItem.asp?hidShowKindID=4
I'll be going to the range this weekend to give it a go and report back on the result for those who are interested.
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 9:38:09 AM EDT
[#48]
Got mine back and it still has 3 chips or dings through the anodizing on the bottom of the left side of the receiver (plus at the charging handle, but that's something that just happens over time). That's what I originally complained about... at least they fixed the loose sight.

I'll live with it, but parts that appear to have been banged around aren't exactly what I'm expecting on a new upper.
Link Posted: 5/12/2017 2:10:02 PM EDT
[#49]
I spoke to Wolf yesterday, they said they will be bringing in the carry handles and other parts and to check back with them next month. I also heard on another forum that they will be offering upper that are exactly like the one on issue T91's soon. They will have the bayonet lug and rail under the FSB, issue muzzle break, and have the carry handle. I would just be happy if they brought in or made a correct height folding rear sight.
Link Posted: 5/16/2017 7:08:46 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I spoke to Wolf yesterday, they said they will be bringing in the carry handles and other parts and to check back with them next month. I also heard on another forum that they will be offering upper that are exactly like the one on issue T91's soon. They will have the bayonet lug and rail under the FSB, issue muzzle break, and have the carry handle. I would just be happy if they brought in or made a correct height folding rear sight.
View Quote
Damnit.  Just bought a used T91 upper and now they're saying they're bringing in the correct model?  
Page / 6
Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top