Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/24/2010 6:10:45 PM EDT
I'n addition to being a left-handed AR owner, I'm an FFL holder and an authorized dealer of Osprey Defense products. I spoke to Corey at Osprey Defense yesterday, and he said they are practically the flip of a switch away from manufacturing left-handed piston systems. He told me on the phone that he just needed to hear more of a demand for it. As a left-handed shooter, the only way to get a piston system is to buy a new Stag model 8L, which is only available in 5.56 at this time.  I very badly want to retrofit my 6.8mm rifle with a piston system. I urge all left-handed AR owners to please contact Osprey and ask them to start production of their left-handed systems. I don't know if I can post his email address here, but you can contact Osprey Defense through their website, www.gaspiston.com. Lie if you have to, just say you want a left-handed piston system. PLEASE!
Link Posted: 8/27/2010 5:45:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Ummm, is it just the bolt carrier that will be changed? I mean the piston itself is ambidextrous right?
Link Posted: 8/27/2010 6:00:50 PM EDT
[#2]
If I recall correctly, the left handed Stag upper uses a left handed upper receiver, left handed bolt, and left handed bolt carrier.

The DPMS Southpaw uses a left handed upper receiver and left handed bolt, but the bolt carrier is standard.  Main drawback to the DPMS Southpaw is that it has no way to mount an ejection port cover.
Link Posted: 8/28/2010 7:23:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Only the bolt carrier would be different, all other parts should be the same. Obviously, the LH version would only work with a LH bolt, in a LH upper receiver.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 6:02:41 AM EDT
[#4]
As of this morning he's 35 product requests from starting production. Lefties of the world, unite! Email corey(at)ospreydefense.com asking for your left-handed OPS416. There are thousands of left-handed ARs out there... someone has to be shooting them besides me.
Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top