Link Posted: 12/12/2017 10:52:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/12/2017 10:54:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/12/2017 11:42:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Bigger_Hammer] [#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By PA_Mike:
Yes, that's a fair statement. I can't imagine you would want to be outside for very long if it was -20 either, so I guess the rule of thumb would be, try not to leave the rifle outdoors all night if it's going to get that cold.

That being said, if you wind up owning the optic, it gets super cold, and the glass shatters like the T-1000 in Terminator 2 after his liquid nitrogen bath, well... that's what the lifetime warranty is for.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Alaskanforfreedom:

I apologize sir I'm not a LE at all. I was trying to figure out where you guys stand in confidence in this product as far as overall ruggedness. I do appreciate the comments about temp as you can imagine that would be a concern for any user in a potentially low temperature environment such as myself. So from your statements it seems you guys are ready to call this duty ready as long as temps don't fall to -20?
Yes, that's a fair statement. I can't imagine you would want to be outside for very long if it was -20 either, so I guess the rule of thumb would be, try not to leave the rifle outdoors all night if it's going to get that cold.

That being said, if you wind up owning the optic, it gets super cold, and the glass shatters like the T-1000 in Terminator 2 after his liquid nitrogen bath, well... that's what the lifetime warranty is for.
Mike,

True Testimonial there -

For cold weather testing, I can confirm that mine survived and worked well after The Great Houston Blizzard of 2017...

Left it in my SUV and the following day, turned it on and lo and behold, even though H-town was closed down due to winter white out conditions, the red dot came on and the sight remained zeroed on target.

Take THAT E-Oh-Something-Something ...  

Seriously though, for as little money as this costs, for as much as you get, it is an amazing optic.  I had put it on a super lightweight carbine I had recently finished and you'd barely know it was there...

BIGGER_HAMMER
Link Posted: 12/12/2017 11:52:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Bigger_Hammer] [#4]
...double post from after the Blizzard of 2017...

It is tough typing with all the bandages after the Frostbite...

However, the Doctors are very hopeful I won't have gangrene set in and need to amputate any of my fingers...

BIGGER_HAMMER
Link Posted: 12/12/2017 12:00:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Linc5870] [#5]

You should have left it up, Hammer, I laughed so hard I nearly pissed myself
Link Posted: 12/12/2017 12:27:04 PM EDT
[#6]
I love primary's 2.5x optic

Tiny, light, usable at 25 yards or 800 yards!
Link Posted: 12/12/2017 1:09:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/12/2017 4:31:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By PFran42:

@TrackSol

I tried. The PA battery cap has a larger thread circumference. It won’t work.
View Quote
Thanks for checking.
Link Posted: 12/15/2017 1:53:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Bigger_Hammer] [#9]
So Much for T.G.I.F.  What a Crappy Friday for me!

It all started a few weeks ago when I received some e-mail I hadn't expected from just out of the blue.

Turns out a Korean Super Model ('Kim') had seen a post on ARFCOM and wanted my help.

Said she was an international model who traveled often for photoshoots all around the world.   I can't forward most of the photos she sent to me because they are of a "adult nature"

Emailed me say that she was tired of a life full of champagne, group sex with her fellow hot lady models, Ferrari's and the upkeep of all those many estates on exotic tropical islands.

Said she was wanting to settle down and live a simpler life and thought that opening a store in the old hometown would do it.  Regular hours, no jet setting all over the world, ect…   But some things are hard to find in Korea due to the "Oppressive Imperialist Sanctions that the war monger Trump imposed" (those Korean chicks sure talk funny don't they?).

Wanted me to purchase some items on my credit card to receive at my house, and then forward ship it overseas to help stock the new store...   It was “secret shopping” to check on performance of the merchants and shippers!  For a Korean Super Model, she sure has a lot of side businesses…

But I thought, “Hey I could put it on my Amex, get some awesome flight points to go over and visit with that hottie, and she promised she would send me money to cover in full the purchases and shipping so what do I have to lose eh?

So I ordered and then forward shipped some things she requested that in short supply in her home town, like High End Jewelry, Expensive Cameras, and large quantities of Plutonium along with various Aerospace Alloys, and 20,000 of these Primary Arms Advanced Red Dot Sights...

I put it all on my Amex Black Card because I’d get those miles from Amex, and I could pay it all because I'd get a large cashier check expressed in the mail from her account (being a Korean Super Model pays very well she said) and because I was so helpful with the “secret shopping”, I could keep the "extra".  I was SO happy when I received my Cashier’s Check from First National Bank of Pyongyang for $200,000,000 ...

I deposited it into my bank, and then a few days later...   BLAMMOO!!!!

I got hit with the mother of all chargebacks, plus all the money I was out purchasing those items requested and the Bill was now due in full on my Amex....

Then – it went from “Bad” to “Really B-A-D!!!”  The Feds busted into my place with tactical uniforms, dogs and Guns drawn!   It’s a Raid!!   The Warrants announced I was violating international trade sanctions and nuclear nonproliferation treaties and I was under arrest.

Worst of all, it turns out the pictures sent to me were not really "Kim" at all...

I figured a Korean named "Kim" would be pretty hot, right?   I mean you saw the photos above...

Turns out this is really 'Kim'

Now I'm being investigated by the F.B.I. & C.I.A. and throw in the I.R.S. for good measure too.  My Amex is overdue and my credit shot.   My life is totally wrecked...

But on the positive side of my life, my Primary Arms Advanced Micro Sight works like a Charm!

In fact, the battery life is so good, I could turn it on when I begin my prison sentence and it will still be glowing strong when I expect to be eligible for my first parole hearing...  

Now THAT'S a product you can believe in!

BIGGER_HAMMER
Link Posted: 12/15/2017 3:50:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DallasLooterShooter] [#10]
Originally Posted By Bigger_Hammer:
So Much for T.G.I.F.  What a Crappy Friday for me!

<snip>

Now THAT'S a product you can believe in!

BIGGER_HAMMER
View Quote
Damn Gina.
Link Posted: 12/15/2017 5:30:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Can't beat the price. I use an Aimpoint H-2 and want to buy this one just to try it out.
Link Posted: 12/15/2017 7:42:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 12/15/2017 8:09:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Now factory coated in FDE even. Same price, same warranty, same everything. Flat dark earth!

http://www.primaryarms.com/MD-RB-AD-FDE

http://primaryarmsoptics.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/MD-RB-AD-FDEonAK.jpg

Merry Christmas, Arfcommers!
View Quote
What did you say about flat earth?

J/k, looks great.
Link Posted: 12/15/2017 8:28:45 PM EDT
[#14]
So...my Holosun made MD-ADS is crap compared to the MD-RB-AD?  
Link Posted: 12/15/2017 8:39:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Advance] [#15]
PA... You would sell more of these if you get rid of the old school Microsoft font logo. Seriously it is like having a Cracker Barrel bumper sticker on a brand new BMW.
Link Posted: 12/17/2017 6:57:52 PM EDT
[#16]
I'd love to see this with the ACSS reticle that's on the Holosun variant.
Link Posted: 12/18/2017 11:59:06 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 12/18/2017 12:33:50 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 12/18/2017 9:50:06 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 12/19/2017 4:39:16 PM EDT
[#20]

You are not wrong. Here I am playing with it on my 10.5" SBR "Zelda", in this case it's mounted on an ADM QD mount. For this particular gun it looks ok, but I think having a quality mount in FDE would look even better.

http://primaryarmsoptics.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/MikeFDEmicrodotWallpaper.jpg
View Quote
Thank you for answering my question if the fde will work will magpul stuff
Link Posted: 12/19/2017 5:08:36 PM EDT
[#21]
Getting my first AR for Christmas. The Advanced Micro Red Dot is at the top of my list for potential red dots.
Link Posted: 12/19/2017 9:10:04 PM EDT
[#22]
Are these made in China? serious question.
Link Posted: 12/19/2017 9:27:24 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By gentlemanfarmer:
View Quote
My IPhone is made in China.
Link Posted: 12/19/2017 9:27:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DannerTrax] [#24]
Dupe
Link Posted: 12/20/2017 6:24:49 AM EDT
[#25]
I need another red dot like I need a hole in my head.

Already have a MD-ADS on my SKS for 200 yd shooting.  Beats using those horrible irons.

Since I have a spare ADM T1 mount, there's no downside adding a MD-RB-AD to my collection.

Will be buying one soon.
Link Posted: 12/20/2017 10:51:23 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 12/20/2017 11:19:25 AM EDT
[#27]
All of our optics are either made in China or Japan. If any of you are an eccentric billionaire, please convince the EPA to let you spin up an HD optical glass factory here in the USA. Preferably Texas. Please!
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By gentlemanfarmer:
All of our optics are either made in China or Japan. If any of you are an eccentric billionaire, please convince the EPA to let you spin up an HD optical glass factory here in the USA. Preferably Texas. Please!
The EPA is on our side now.

Make it happen!
Link Posted: 12/20/2017 11:29:37 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 12/20/2017 11:47:54 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ar556223] [#29]
copied from other thread:
The ONLY reason I bought this thing was to be able to use it on my 22 with a pvs 14 and move my aimpoint to my hd carbine
@PA_Mike
Any chance we can return these, since you advertised them as NC capable?
Link Posted: 12/20/2017 12:05:18 PM EDT
[#30]

Ok, so we don't pretend that you are getting an Aimpoint level optic for $149.99. There is abuse that an Aimpoint is built for that will murder MD-RB-AD, like differential overpressure.

Lets say, I'm a high speed low drag super duper operator guy and I'm in a pressurized C17 Globemaster at 30,000 feet. The cargo ramp lowers and suddenly the aircraft depressurizes. Then I jump out of the back of the C17, free fall in a HALO jump with a Claymore strapped to my head, pop my chute at the last moment until SPLOOSH I've landed in salt water. Now I get in my underwater delivery vehicle and I'm 15 feet below the surface of the ocean, zipping towards the shoreline. So my optic went from normal atmospheric pressure to very little atmospheric pressure to extra pressure deep underwater, all in about five minutes. That's differential overpressure. Our $149.99 red dot will not do that. It absolutely will freaking die. If you're that guy and you're doing that stuff, buy the Aimpoint.

If you're like me and you're a high drag low speed chubby white dude who likes to knock over steel plates at 100 yards on a square range every other weekend, our optic should last a really really long time doing typical range day stuff like that.
View Quote
But if I did, is the optic covered under warranty
Link Posted: 12/20/2017 1:13:14 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 12/20/2017 1:13:54 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 12/20/2017 6:24:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ar556223] [#33]

Yes, if this is a dealbreaker for you, email us at [email protected] and the customer service team will take care of you on it.
View Quote
I sent them an email, Thanks!
eta: Tom replied "I have filled out an RMA for you so we can get that optic brought in and have it repaired."

@PA_Mike
any news on what the repair is?
Link Posted: 12/21/2017 7:15:51 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 12/21/2017 7:22:57 PM EDT
[#35]
Thanks for the update Mike.
Link Posted: 12/21/2017 9:12:48 PM EDT
[#36]
You guys should consider making your sights out of polymer. I mean why not they are so cheap and Polymer is tough right. Anyway I dont design sights so I dont konw what I am talking about but the lightweight guys would probably flock to these sights in droves if they where even lighter than the aimpoints.

Ill probably be picking one or two of these up. One for the paint ball gun and probably one for the 22lr. Thanks for staying innovative and trying to keep aimpoint in check. Their innovation is stagnant and for some reason they think they can still charge two arms and two legs for the same product they've been producing. I mean at some point the price should be going down unless the demand is truly that high. To be clean I am not asking aimpoint to make a cheaper product I am just saying they development part has already been paid for 10 times over and thus the price could be lower and they still churn out large sums of profit.
Link Posted: 12/21/2017 9:31:31 PM EDT
[#37]
Ok everyone, I have an official statement regarding the issue with the new Advanced Micro Dot sights not having the night vision compatibility that was promised. We’ve built our reputation on excellent customer service and we intend to keep that reputation. Every customer that has an issue with their Primary Arms micro dot is going to be taken care of with a repair, a replacement, or a refund. There will be an email sent out tomorrow to everyone who bought one, explaining this situation and detailing our solution.

This situation is being discussed at the highest level in the company, Marshall is aware of it and determined to make it right by all our customers. For the time being, we have discontinued sales of these micro dots. We appreciate your patience. We know that it is frustrating to ask a question and not get a corrective answer back immediately—but we want to make sure that we give you the RIGHT answer and have a viable solution ready for you.
View Quote
Just found this thread.  I could use two decent quality red dots for my kids' first AR's.  How about engraving "blem" on the bottom of all these NVG returns and selling them to dads of 7 and 9 year old boys?  That will REALLY produce some durability tests (possibly including pressure differentials
Link Posted: 12/23/2017 12:45:14 AM EDT
[#38]
Ok everyone, I have an official statement regarding the issue with the new Advanced Micro Dot sights not having the night vision compatibility that was promised. We've built our reputation on excellent customer service and we intend to keep that reputation. Every customer that has an issue with their Primary Arms micro dot is going to be taken care of with a repair, a replacement, or a refund. There will be an email sent out tomorrow to everyone who bought one, explaining this situation and detailing our solution.

This situation is being discussed at the highest level in the company, Marshall is aware of it and determined to make it right by all our customers. For the time being, we have discontinued sales of these micro dots. We appreciate your patience. We know that it is frustrating to ask a question and not get a corrective answer back immediatelybut we want to make sure that we give you the RIGHT answer and have a viable solution ready for you.
View Quote
I appreciate this since I've bought 3 of these since introduced, all bought because of the night vision compatability.  Thank you!
Link Posted: 12/31/2017 3:44:22 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MichaelDiggs] [#39]
I do have an Aimpoint Micro H-2 on my 1st AR. I'm getting another AR and thought I would just order another H-2, but being they are lots of money this caught my eye. I have a PA magnifier that's held up well, so wanted to know anyone that has the Aimpoint and this PA one....how would you compare them? I can always grab one and if I don't like it, return it. PA does have EXCELLENT customer service, I've dealt with them before.

EDIT:
Also does this RED DOT have lens covers? I don't see any in the pictures nor read any in the descriptions. It is OUT OF STOCK on Primary Arms site, so I guess it is selling well or not making enough?
Also my Primary Arms magnifier mount which was $139 had a sticker right on it, MADE IN CHINA. Is this red dot also made in China? I would assume yes, since the price is so low and your warranty also includes wear and tear which is usually unheard of. So they must cost dollars to make in China, if that's the fact.
And what's with the mount? As it comes in the box will this mount on a T-1/H-2 like my Aimpoint? I read about a manufacture error but didn't see any confirmations. I will be using a LaRue QD on most of my furniture since those mounts are the best.

Thanks
Link Posted: 1/2/2018 11:14:40 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 1/2/2018 11:41:51 AM EDT
[#41]
I'll be glad when they are back in stock. I need one for my Christmas present.
Link Posted: 1/20/2018 1:56:08 AM EDT
[#42]
Any update to when these will be back in stock? I really want one!
Link Posted: 1/20/2018 3:11:42 AM EDT
[#43]
@PA_Mike

Love your red dots. I have 2, one MD-ADS that has seen time on my bumpsaw and a holosun 503c on my 7.5 in blaster that is still going strong.

This new optic interests me, but I gotta ask..

Is there a reason it wasn't designed like the HS503gu/T1/T2 with the scalloped edges around the knobs.
Or at least countersunk a little?
Those knobs stick out and it messes with my OCD man
Link Posted: 1/20/2018 9:54:09 AM EDT
[Last Edit: jkeys] [#44]
Originally Posted By glenn_r:

Just found this thread.  I could use two decent quality red dots for my kids' first AR's.  How about engraving "blem" on the bottom of all these NVG returns and selling them to dads of 7 and 9 year old boys?  That will REALLY produce some durability tests (possibly including pressure differentials
View Quote
I would buy two PA certified and discounted used ones too. My plinking rifles would be happy to have them.
Link Posted: 1/22/2018 11:26:43 PM EDT
[#45]
Mike do you have an ETA on the newer versions of this red dot?
Link Posted: 1/23/2018 2:24:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Patrick101] [#46]
I am happy with quality and price point especially compared to other manufactures red dots.  Stinks about the NV issue but at least it looks like the issue will be resolved in the future.  Hoping to hear how this will be resolved and when we (those that have already purchased these units) might hear more.
Link Posted: 2/1/2018 10:40:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Hooch33] [#47]
Need to get metal thread inserts, I have 3 PA micros sitting on a shelf right now with stripped out aluminum threads, whoever thought that would hold up was wrong completely, yea aimpoint as well, mini heli’s
Link Posted: 2/1/2018 10:43:54 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By jkeys:
I would buy two PA certified and discounted used ones too. My plinking rifles would be happy to have them.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By jkeys:
Originally Posted By glenn_r:

Sooo, PA....no, then?   I'm building two AR's for my boys' first deer rifles.  Hint, hint.

Link Posted: 2/2/2018 10:57:23 AM EDT
[#49]
I had no clue these were so small and had lifetime warranty!!

And to think I passed on one on their blemish runs! $60 shipped!!

Do these come with a sort of riser? Are there caps available for it?
Link Posted: 2/2/2018 12:28:26 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 4
Page AR-15 » New AR Products
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top