Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 7:15:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
As of 8/22/17 you can order this barrel for a 25% discount

link to barrel is here:

http://www.graniteridgeoutfitters.com/Ballistic-Advantage-18-223-Wylde-SPR-Fluted-SS-Rifle-Barrel-BABL223021PL.htm

link to discount code is here:

http://graniteridgeoutfitters.com/Barrels_c56.htm

The site also carries several other BA barrels and they are all on sale.  I have not done business with this vendor.  I just thought it was a good discount to post here.
View Quote
Hmmm, thinking about selling my Rainier Ultramatch 18" SPR for that barrel.  Seems like a good shooter.
Link Posted: 10/29/2017 3:21:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
So here's an odd question:

Kreiger and a couple other barrel manufacturers don't make or recommend lightweight profile or deeply fluted 416r  barrels in cold climates, citing that if the steel as any sulfur stringing it might kaboom.  Granted, that isn't an issue for 99.995% of the site, but since I'm in Alaska I thought it was relevant to see what you guys think on that.

Mostly because that's exactly what I'd want in a barrel for my next build, but haven't been able to confirm/deny the above either.  Do you think that's a potential issue or ?  Worst case I'll look at a different barrel when I build a rifle, but was worth a shot to ask.
View Quote
+1 on this?
Link Posted: 10/29/2017 3:55:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Any chance of a 16" nitride finish model?
Link Posted: 10/30/2017 3:12:35 AM EDT
[#4]
@BallisticAdvantage any thoughts on the steel question?
Link Posted: 10/31/2017 5:50:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/31/2017 6:10:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Hi NorthPolar!

We are sorry to say that we don't have any information about the issue you mentioned- we do not have any extreme weather testing to prove otherwise.  That being said, it's completely up to your discretion.

Thank you,
Sarah
View Quote
Thanks Sarah   Worst case, I'll likely be moving out of Alaska here soon so I can always pick up one then. 
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 9:38:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Thanks Sarah   Worst case, I'll likely be moving out of Alaska here soon so I can always pick up one then. 
View Quote
Any idea what temp. we are talking here? 0, -10, or crazy like -70?
Link Posted: 11/7/2017 10:25:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think it was -20f or colder, but can't confirm.  Memory is pretty spotty these days.
Link Posted: 11/11/2017 5:25:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I think it was -20f or colder, but can't confirm.  Memory is pretty spotty these days.
View Quote
Very interesting regardless of what temperature it is.
Link Posted: 11/15/2017 7:55:52 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Any accuracy reports?
View Quote
Here ya go. I tested this new 18" barrel last week with my hand load, 55 gr Blitzking over 25.3 AA2460. 12x scope @ 100 yds, sandbags front and back.  5 shots group with 4 into 1 hole, the flier was most likely me.

Link Posted: 11/18/2017 11:49:56 PM EDT
[#11]
60 day rule
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » New AR Products
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top