BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » New AR Products
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 7:04:07 PM EDT
[#1]
It seems like forever but I got tired of waiting for some welding work on the .458S's forend to be finished so I went ahead a tried out the MI Blast Can on the .338 Spectre.  It has the 5.56 BC on it since the .338 is treaded 1/2 x 28 but easily clears a .338 bullet as mentioned previously.
Previously the .338 had a KX3 for a .308 on it (with thread adapter) and I am happy to report the MI BC does as good a job of directing the blast away from the shooter as does the three times more expensive, and fatter, KX3.  Plus, no need to disassemble it for cleaning since the MI BC is one piece.  It's a winner!
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 9:42:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Well fudge, my previous plans went bust on the .458 with the Blast Can so I had to remove the welded on Blast Can and change forends.  While I ended up wasting a 12" DD forend, I prefer the MI forend anyway so other than the wallet hit I am happy with it.
For those who gives a rat's ass, here is what a 13.5 inch barrel with the MI Blast Can permanently attached to make the finished barrel length 16.250 inches.
The forend now is the excellent MI Gen 3 Keymod KL light weight, 12.625 inch.
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 10:37:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/17/2017 6:14:24 PM EDT
[#4]
I snagged one of these for my 7.5" SBR. Good quality.

I like it more than previous flash cans I have owned. Nicer looking and a bit more thought out. Price is competitive.
Never been disappointed with an MI product and this is no exception.
Link Posted: 10/17/2017 9:55:41 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm guessing but quite certain that one threaded for the standard thread for 450 Bushmaster would be a big seller. There are lots of guys setting these up for hunting rifles where ear protection is not always used. I know I would buy a few.
Link Posted: 11/15/2017 3:34:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Light, inexpensive - just about what I need.  Does anyone know if, this far down the road from the initial post, the cans are made for 300 Blackout yet?
Link Posted: 11/18/2017 11:49:20 PM EDT
[#8]
60 day rule
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » New AR Products
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top