AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/12/2016 9:32:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/13/2016 12:17:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks.

I have not seen any comparisons between the asr or the saker version to the original BE Meyers 249. The thought is there would be a dropoff in performance to the original. Is there any  truth to that. If there was a dropoff how would it compare to the Silencerco trifecta.  
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 9:58:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I will ask the logistics folks at BEM what they actually supply for that function, try and get a McMaster Carr # and maybe stock it myself too.

556 ASRs are back in stock!
View Quote

Any follow-up on this?
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 12:17:22 PM EDT
[#4]
I am rebarreling an AR with a Larue stealth barrel and want to get the most accuracy out of it as possible.  I decided to go with the flash hider since the brake is so concussive and this is for a coyote rifle.  Since I already have the Silencerco Three Prong on hand, I am wondering if I should be concerned about any loss in accuracy?

I'm glad to see manufacturers producing ASR mounts regardless.  I wish I would've seen this before ordering the trifecta.
Link Posted: 11/2/2016 2:25:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/3/2016 2:42:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 11/4/2016 11:32:41 PM EDT
[#7]
My goodness that's a sexy looking mount. Will probably buy one of these to replace an AAC Brakeout, now that I'm no longer interested in AAC suppressors.

Any chance we could eventually get more mount choices in that retarded thread pitch 6.5 Grendel barrels come in?
Link Posted: 11/5/2016 1:13:24 AM EDT
[#8]
Updated pics with the be
Final product

Link Posted: 11/7/2016 1:59:59 AM EDT
[#9]
Crusty 556ASR after ~500 rounds of suppressed during day one at a three day carbine course.

Link Posted: 11/7/2016 5:15:43 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

The engineers chimed in:  they recommend using steel wire commonly found at hardware stores, and that it also degrade flash performance.

I've noticed with suppressor mounts, getting a decent amount of carbon on the tines (120 rounds or so?) greatly reduces the ping
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I will ask the logistics folks at BEM what they actually supply for that function, try and get a McMaster Carr # and maybe stock it myself too.

Any follow-up on this?

The engineers chimed in:  they recommend using steel wire commonly found at hardware stores, and that it also degrade flash performance.

I've noticed with suppressor mounts, getting a decent amount of carbon on the tines (120 rounds or so?) greatly reduces the ping

Thanks for the response. Sounds like they are talking about bailing wire.

I have the standard 249, not the mount. I don't mind the ping too much but I've just wondered if there was something recommended.
Link Posted: 11/7/2016 2:42:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Is the ASR mount patented? Or can any muzzle device manufacturer make a product with it? Or is it pay2play?
Link Posted: 11/14/2016 10:01:01 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Is the ASR mount patented? Or can any muzzle device manufacturer make a product with it? Or is it pay2play?
View Quote

No answers?
Link Posted: 11/14/2016 2:31:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I have the standard 249, not the mount. I don't mind the ping too much but I've just wondered if there was something recommended.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Any follow-up on this?

Bailing wire is way too thick for that. I forget what they call it in hardware/farm & home stores, but it's the same diameter as the wire they use for safety wire on dirt bike grips.
Link Posted: 11/14/2016 3:59:31 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Any follow-up on this?

Try some 2-Ply #27 Stainless wire, they use it commonly for outdoor equipment tags/tamper seals.
Link Posted: 11/17/2016 7:07:37 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 11/21/2016 4:46:34 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

The ASR mounting standard is patented by Silencerco IIRC.  BE Meyers and Silenecerco collaborated on this and their Saker mounts.  Had to have two engineering teams go back and forth on both products, hence why it took so long.

I am not sure if BE Meyers is going to devote any more resources to collaborations in the future, they might stick to their bread and butter of military grade lasers.  They first got into flash hiders thanks to a special request from SOCOM in the early days of the GWOT
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No answers?

The ASR mounting standard is patented by Silencerco IIRC.  BE Meyers and Silenecerco collaborated on this and their Saker mounts.  Had to have two engineering teams go back and forth on both products, hence why it took so long.

I am not sure if BE Meyers is going to devote any more resources to collaborations in the future, they might stick to their bread and butter of military grade lasers.  They first got into flash hiders thanks to a special request from SOCOM in the early days of the GWOT

Thank you very much, I only get so many answers being a lady here! I am building my first AR15 and picked a 14.5" barrel, so I'm trying to make the best decisions the first time before pinning/welding.
Link Posted: 11/23/2016 10:28:16 AM EDT
[#17]
When will they be in stock again?
Link Posted: 7/24/2017 12:57:01 PM EDT
[#18]
I need a couple more of these too.
Link Posted: 7/25/2017 12:57:16 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 7/25/2017 1:02:28 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
We're getting a resupply this week:  after a few more batches, that's that on these flash hider!
View Quote
Good to know, thanks.
Link Posted: 8/3/2017 6:46:54 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 8/4/2017 2:43:49 AM EDT
[#22]
Ordered!

Glad I finally stopped procrastinating!  LOL
Link Posted: 8/4/2017 1:50:36 PM EDT
[#23]
Ordered. Now I just need a 14" BA barrel.
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 7:37:44 PM EDT
[#24]
Do these come with a little packet of Rockset like the Silencerco muzzle devices do?
Link Posted: 8/6/2017 11:34:54 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 8/6/2017 11:41:33 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Nope: i should be able to scrounge a packet for you from my gunsmithing bench if you need it
View Quote
No big deal, looks like my package should be arriving tomorrow - so it'd be too late anyway.
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 3:04:09 PM EDT
[#27]
@weaponoutfitters

could I get a weight for the database?
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 8:31:50 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 9/9/2017 3:52:44 AM EDT
[#29]
Fantastic, thanks much!!!
Link Posted: 9/9/2017 8:07:56 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Fantastic, thanks much!!!
View Quote
These are the best flash hiders but Wow heavy
Doesn't anyone make a titanium version?
Link Posted: 11/19/2017 12:00:44 AM EDT
[#31]
60 day rule
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » New AR Products
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top