[#1]
Does it "ring?"
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 11:00:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Does it "ring?"
View Quote

Same question, and if not I'm pretty excited.
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 12:24:01 PM EDT
[#3]
No 13.7 support??  
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 2:29:24 PM EDT
[#4]
They Saker mounts rang. The tines look the same.
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 4:30:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Hmmmmm I'm building s 5.56 upper currently too. I was going to use another specwar brake.
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 7:53:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Does it "ring?"
View Quote

You do realize why there is a groove around the fork tips for right?
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 8:59:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Does it "ring?"

Not everyone knows about using wire or the washer
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 9:07:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Does it "ring?"

Wire, washer, snap ring, split stainless o-ring... take your pick...... For those not following along w/ SexPanther and I if you capture the end of the forks it doesn't ring. Just can't use it that way with a suppressor
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 10:29:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Wire, washer, snap ring, split stainless o-ring... take your pick...... For those not following along w/ SexPanther and I if you capture the end of the forks it doesn't ring. Just can't use it that way with a suppressor
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Does it "ring?"

Bingo.
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 11:00:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
No 13.7 support??  
View Quote

The B.E meyers 249f saker mount will work with the 13.7" as long as you use. 1/4" spacer. To be clear the one op is showing is the asr mount I'm taking about the saker mount B.E meyers and silencer Co developed a few months back.
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 11:23:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

The B.E meyers 249f saker mount will work with the 13.7" as long as you use. 1/4" spacer. To be clear the one op is showing is the asr mount I'm taking about the saker mount B.E meyers and silencer Co developed a few months back.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
No 13.7 support??  

Yea. Where is the extended BE Meyers ASR for 13.7 barrel?
Link Posted: 6/22/2016 9:08:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
No 13.7 support??  

Honestly who cares unless they make it long enough to work without a huge spacer. I wouldnt feel comfortable considering that would leave a gap inside the mount and end of the barrel. I am not really sure if that would even effect the bullet but I cant imagine its going to be a positive effect. I love the 13.7" barrels though, I want to either build a 13.7 or a 14 inch next. Probably a 14" though so my muzzle options are not as limited. Its not as big of a deal because I can pin and weld myself plus I already own an SBR, well I am hoping to once the stamp is approved.
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 2:21:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 5:25:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Unfortunately OAL on this muzzle device is 2.560" making is 0.160" too short for the 13.7 barrels to pin/weld and get to 16".  Design was constrained by the needs of existing suppressors which utilize the ASR mounting solutions.  Works perfect with the 14.0" though!  

For 13.7" barrel users, the 249F and 249 Saker flash hiders with .125" shim are the best choices, gets you to 16.125"

-Roy

View Quote

Also works great on an sbr. Woot
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 8:57:38 AM EDT
[#15]
Hopefully they do a .30 Cal version...
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 9:24:44 AM EDT
[#16]
What's the OAL on the regular ASR hider?
Link Posted: 7/4/2016 8:37:52 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 7/6/2016 6:38:29 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Internally there is a lot of demand for it, but from the looks of it, this and the 249 Saker are it for BEM's forray's into commercial market flash hider variants.  With the new MAWL, most of the company's energy is focused on their core business of military lasers.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hopefully they do a .30 Cal version...

Internally there is a lot of demand for it, but from the looks of it, this and the 249 Saker are it for BEM's forray's into commercial market flash hider variants.  With the new MAWL, most of the company's energy is focused on their core business of military lasers.

That's a shame. I'm looking at buying a Silencerco Hybrid and it would be beneficial to mount this device on a SCAR 17.
Link Posted: 7/19/2016 9:48:08 AM EDT
[#19]
Forgive my ignorance, but what is the appeal of this flash hider compared to the standard silencerco specwar flash hider?
Link Posted: 7/19/2016 9:21:22 PM EDT
[#20]
Ah man why isn't it $99 anymore? Of course when I can order it the price goes up.
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 3:52:11 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 9:08:32 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Looks like our website is having issues with the pricing system: manually adjusted it.  Not too worried since we've got a new website launching in under a month that's gonna be even better!

PS:  definitely register an account and sign in
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ah man why isn't it $99 anymore? Of course when I can order it the price goes up.

Looks like our website is having issues with the pricing system: manually adjusted it.  Not too worried since we've got a new website launching in under a month that's gonna be even better!

PS:  definitely register an account and sign in

Thanks. About to place my order now. Any chance there's a current coupon code?
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 1:46:11 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Forgive my ignorance, but what is the appeal of this flash hider compared to the standard silencerco specwar flash hider?
View Quote

B.e. Myers makes some of the best flash suppressing muzzle devices.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 8:35:30 PM EDT
[#24]
Ordered. And snagged one of the new geissele super charging handles with the gas buster. Pretty excited to try this. Got the DDC too
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 10:48:33 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quantitatively better than the standard silencerco specwar flash hider? I am genuinely curious.
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 12:56:08 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Quantitatively better than the standard silencerco specwar flash hider? I am genuinely curious.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

From what I've seen only slightly better. But that's with the standard B.E meyers 249f this is probably less effective but possibly still more effective than the trifecta from silencerco. Also this hider does have the groove on the end to install a ring to silence the ringing from the forks after each shot.
Link Posted: 8/9/2016 1:55:50 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's nice but doesn't answer the question? Other then who's making it, what makes this FH better then the one SilencerCo sells (and can be had for less money)?

Honestly, I hate both open ended vortex style FH's and muzzle brakes. I'd like to see a third ASR mount option. Something simple in the style of an A2 or Phantom FH. I don't need the utmost in flash suppression (because if I did, I'd just put the suppressor back on) but I don't want to deal with the added noise and concussion of a MB nor the ringing or hassle of an open tip, vortex style FH.

But maybe that's just me
Link Posted: 8/9/2016 7:16:50 PM EDT
[#28]
I don't know how to quantify that's it's better then the standard silencerco other then it is. There are numerous reviews online showing flash results with different devices. The silencerco device does ok but not well at all. The be Meyers 249f always flat out is the best. Zero muzzle flash at all. So it's a lot better then the standard silencerco flash hider. Again I don't know how to give you a answer that would satisfy you. But if you watch videos of the performances in action the be is just better.

Link Posted: 8/9/2016 8:04:50 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

That's nice but doesn't answer the question? Other then who's making it, what makes this FH better then the one SilencerCo sells (and can be had for less money)?

Honestly, I hate both open ended vortex style FH's and muzzle brakes. I'd like to see a third ASR mount option. Something simple in the style of an A2 or Phantom FH. I don't need the utmost in flash suppression (because if I did, I'd just put the suppressor back on) but I don't want to deal with the added noise and concussion of a MB nor the ringing or hassle of an open tip, vortex style FH.

But maybe that's just me

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

But maybe that's just me

There's some good reading in here: http://www.vuurwapenblog.com/technical-issuesnotes/ar-15/ar15-muzzle-brakeflash-hidercompensator-comparison-part-1/

Link Posted: 8/11/2016 7:43:07 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I don't know how to quantify that's it's better then the standard silencerco other then it is. There are numerous reviews online showing flash results with different devices. The silencerco device does ok but not well at all. The be Meyers 249f always flat out is the best. Zero muzzle flash at all. So it's a lot better then the standard silencerco flash hider.
View Quote

Well actually you did answer the question... it is apparently a more effective flash hider

I don't own any NVG nor do I typically shoot at night so that doesn't really mean that much to me but I'm glad there is an option like this for those of you who do

Now for the weirdos like me, would someone please make a closed end A2 style FH/ASR mount!

Link Posted: 8/12/2016 1:04:02 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Well actually you did answer the question... it is apparently a more effective flash hider

I don't own any NVG nor do I typically shoot at night so that doesn't really mean that much to me but I'm glad there is an option like this for those of you who do

Now for the weirdos like me, would someone please make a closed end A2 style FH/ASR mount!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't know how to quantify that's it's better then the standard silencerco other then it is. There are numerous reviews online showing flash results with different devices. The silencerco device does ok but not well at all. The be Meyers 249f always flat out is the best. Zero muzzle flash at all. So it's a lot better then the standard silencerco flash hider.

When the ASR was developed, they did have an A2 style mount. I'd love to find one of the original SWR mounts, but I've only seen pictures.
Link Posted: 8/12/2016 5:20:49 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Now for the weirdos like me, would someone please make a closed end A2 style FH/ASR mount! [img]http://www.ar15.com/images/smilies/smiley_abused.gif[/
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Now for the weirdos like me, would someone please make a closed end A2 style FH/ASR mount! [img]http://www.ar15.com/images/smilies/smiley_abused.gif[/

I'd offer up my firstborn for an A2 style ASR flash hider.
Link Posted: 8/13/2016 10:52:21 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Now for the weirdos like me, would someone please make a closed end A2 style FH/ASR mount! [url]http://www.ar15.com/images/smilies/smiley_abused.gif[/

I've been looking for a few years for one.

A guy emailed me saying he had one and was looking at getting $400 or $500 for it. I can't justify that, I offered him $100.  
Link Posted: 8/17/2016 4:09:13 PM EDT
[#34]

View Quote
Link appears to be dead?

Link Posted: 8/17/2016 9:01:53 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Link appears to be dead?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Link appears to be dead?

Works for me
Link Posted: 8/18/2016 8:16:39 AM EDT
[#36]
Looks like it's up again. There was an "item not found" message at one point yesterday.
Link Posted: 8/19/2016 9:34:16 PM EDT
[#37]
Hoping for a hybrid flash/comp product release notice...
Link Posted: 8/19/2016 9:47:04 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 8:19:40 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 1:58:24 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 8/31/2016 10:10:57 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

But maybe that's just me
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

But maybe that's just me

They asked what the appeal was, I answered the question correctly.

If you research even a little B.E Meyers is at the top of the list for muzzle flash suppression with there original 249F. The forks have grooves on the inside and the forks themselves are not evenly shaped. I suspect that is where the better comes from.

Link Posted: 9/4/2016 6:50:10 AM EDT
[#42]
I probably would have ordered this one if I hadn't just ordered another Silencerco Trifecta a few days ago.

Though honestly I've never noticed the ringing with them or other pronged breaks everyone is going on about...
Link Posted: 9/4/2016 12:52:24 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I probably would have ordered this one if I hadn't just ordered another Silencerco Trifecta a few days ago.

Though honestly I've never noticed the ringing with them or other pronged breaks everyone is going on about...
View Quote

None of the silencerco pronged devices ring because they are cut to different lengths. If you fire a standard pronged MD it will ping like a tuning fork. It's not as bad as people say, but does get annoying fast.
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 4:36:01 PM EDT
[#44]

Any word on when these will be in stock again?

Thanks.

Link Posted: 9/29/2016 5:23:23 PM EDT
[#45]
Suppose to be this week or next
Link Posted: 10/4/2016 12:03:20 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

But maybe that's just me
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

But maybe that's just me

Do you have one of the SiCo three prong flash hiders?  I haven't noticed any ringing at all with them.    The only negative aspect of them IMHO are the somewhat sharp edges.    The BE Meyers mount appears to fix that.

Link Posted: 10/10/2016 6:31:09 PM EDT
[#47]
Do you have a link for a washer to use with it. Or a size/name that I can use for finding one online.

Thanks
Link Posted: 10/10/2016 6:45:11 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Do you have a link for a washer to use with it. Or a size/name that I can use for finding one online.

Thanks
View Quote

This style of muzzle device doesn't get timed. If you do for some reason want it timed only use high quality washers from a suppressor manufacturer like sico or gemtech
Link Posted: 10/10/2016 7:20:02 PM EDT
[#49]
The washer I was referring to was for use on the groove to eliminate pinging as mentioned by some previous posters.
Link Posted: 10/10/2016 7:49:38 PM EDT
[#50]
You can use any washer that will fit around the groove. Another common choice is safety wire. Wrap a little around and good to go
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AR-15 » New AR Products
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top