Page AR-15 » New AR Products
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/10/2017 11:26:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Their forecasts on the website are reasonably accurate. We provide them with status updates weekly.
View Quote

Unfortunately, their (OpticsPlanet) forecast went from 16-28 days for the 18" heavy fluted .308 barrel to 5-7 weeks after I placed my order. It has almost been 28 days since the order is placed. That means there is a delay in production. Nathan, since you would have insider info , any ideas when these will be done. It's the last item for my build. If I would have known it would be so long, I would have gone with a different barrel.
Link Posted: 1/24/2017 1:33:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Hmmm . . .  skunkworks . . .  The GUNNER line might get 5R then . . . 16" or 18" when that goes down, oh the possibilities.
View Quote

Stop.... I can only get so excited.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 1:25:55 PM EDT
[#3]
How come the fluted heavy barrels are listed as weighing less than the medium profile barrels?  I'm looking at the 308's by the way.
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 8:09:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 9:05:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

The fluting actually brings them just slightly below the medium profile for weight. If they were non-fluted, they would be much heavier.
View Quote
Wow.  Either your flutes are really deep or the posted pictures of your medium profiles are really lightweight profiles.

So, when will 18" rifle, heavy fluted be out?
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 8:10:00 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/9/2017 12:43:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

It's deceiving on the .308 with the large extension at the rear.

Soon.
View Quote
Well....I bought the 2A 18" rifle gas skinney profile 308 from optics planet.  Its really too light.  The gun balances to the rear.  So far with my Harvester mounted its a 1-2 MOA rifle out to 100 yards with good ammo.  Without the can appears to be 3 moa +, but very little testing bare muzzle.  This a 3 gun set up and I have yet to find any cheap ammo it likes.  ZQI is 4 or more MOA bare muzzle (bullets went completely off paper).  My FNAR is 2-3 MOA with ZQI which is amazing.  My RPR is 4 - 6 moa with ZQI.

I just bought some Monarch Russian junk to see how it does. I really cant afford to shoot match ammo in a 3 gun match.  Freedom munitions seems accurate, but I have trouble getting it to run the gas system.  I bought some Tul, but the bullets are silver and I assume metal so no good there.

For the weight, I think its plenty accurate, but I do regret getting the skinney profile now.  I should have got a fluted 18".
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » New AR Products
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top