User Panel

Page AR-15 » New AR Products
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Posted: 1/13/2016 5:21:33 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/13/2016 6:50:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Please tell me you're going to produce a more in depth explanation video.
Link Posted: 1/13/2016 8:20:56 PM EDT
[#2]
$89.95 ???
Link Posted: 1/13/2016 8:28:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Ummm, don't overwhelm us with the details.
Link Posted: 1/13/2016 9:40:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/14/2016 12:16:15 AM EDT
[#5]
20% weight reduction?
I like.
Link Posted: 1/14/2016 1:18:55 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
$89.95 ???
View Quote

lol no. 200
Link Posted: 1/14/2016 1:22:38 AM EDT
[#7]
Any pics with the storage compartment removed? :D
Link Posted: 1/14/2016 11:19:28 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
lol no. 200
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

$89.95 ???

lol no. 200

Link Posted: 1/14/2016 11:41:34 PM EDT
[#9]
It was really hard to pull the trigger on the price tag of the first UBR I bought but I can say its totally worth it, and if this one is as solid as the last one, and lighter, AND less expensive? Sign me up. I have no doubt my gen 1 will last and I trust it 100%. To be honest the 20% weight decrease is the best part, I will be buying one of these for my next build.
Link Posted: 1/14/2016 11:48:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Yes... I want one

Spring of 2016...

Maybe announcing this stock in June would have been more appropriate... along with November for the the new PRS Gen 3.
Link Posted: 1/15/2016 12:47:07 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/15/2016 12:51:12 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 1/15/2016 12:58:55 AM EDT
[#13]
Awesome news! Will be purchasing 2 or 3
Link Posted: 1/15/2016 3:51:51 AM EDT
[#14]
Definitely getting one.  Looks great!
Link Posted: 1/15/2016 2:38:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Just saw this over at SoldierSystems. This looks great. Always wanted an UBR but didn't like the cost or weight.

They should sell a boat load of these.

Wonder why, with all the companies making stocks nowadays, has no one ever made a good up to date competitor to the UBR.

Never the less, this looks like a winner to me.
Link Posted: 1/15/2016 6:40:25 PM EDT
[#16]
I will probably be getting one in FDE.

I love my current one, but I don't like the battering ram like weight.

Thank you for INCLUDING the QD cups this time around.
Link Posted: 1/15/2016 7:33:41 PM EDT
[#17]
I know I'm being picky and this may not have been the point of the original UBR, but is the cheek weld any better (more comfy) than the original?  I have been using the STR on 3 rifles and love how "soft" it is on the face.  It seems a little wider at the top than the UBR was.  LOVE the inclusion of anti-rotation QD mounts!  Really wish there was some way to get them into the STR. Thoughts (spare me the pussy jokes)?

Would love to see a pic like this of new vs. old:
Link Posted: 1/19/2016 2:00:27 PM EDT
[#18]
Finally, i can use this on a 308 without compromising the buffer system!

But, where's the strike plate?

Do i win anything for calling it in the "wishlist" thread?
Link Posted: 1/20/2016 1:11:20 PM EDT
[#19]
No provision for the Strike Plate/Monopod Rail?  Not even an M-LOK cutout?
Link Posted: 1/20/2016 10:30:21 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

We print the catalog at the beginning of the year so it makes sense formally announce the larger projects along with the release of the catalog at SHOT show.

That said, like last year we have a number of items not in the 2016 catalog that will be surprise announcements throughout 2016.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yes... I want one

Spring of 2016...

Maybe announcing this stock in June would have been more appropriate... along with November for the the new PRS Gen 3.

We print the catalog at the beginning of the year so it makes sense formally announce the larger projects along with the release of the catalog at SHOT show.

That said, like last year we have a number of items not in the 2016 catalog that will be surprise announcements throughout 2016.

How about a minimalist stock and a bad lever that fits a CMMG Mk3 .308.
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 7:37:15 PM EDT
[#21]
Are the storage doors still removable?
Link Posted: 1/24/2016 11:40:27 AM EDT
[#22]
Top down comparison with other A5 length stocks such as the STR, SL, and SL-S stocks would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 1/24/2016 10:27:02 PM EDT
[#23]
Outstanding, I've been mulling over what stock to use on the build I'm currently starting and now the question has been answered. I've always liked the UBR, but the price kept me away. Beautiful piece of engineering for a lower weight and cost.....all wins in my book.
Link Posted: 1/25/2016 3:51:16 PM EDT
[#24]
That does look like it is going to be a nice upgrade. I guess it is time to start getting used to the taste of ramen noodles again.
Link Posted: 1/26/2016 3:32:26 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
That does look like it is going to be a nice upgrade. I guess it is time to start getting used to the taste of ramen noodles again.
View Quote

1$ double cheeseburgers works too. I can survive off 1a day. Taste a little better than Ramen. Just as bad though, if not worse. I can't survive off 1 Ramen pack a day, i need 4 or 5. Which ends up costing more than 1 double cheeseburger.

I've done this alot. Not as much since getting married, i don't get to spend much at all now. Overtime or side projects is the only time i get to spend money for myself.

I really like the design, but don't like them ditching the strike plate. To me, that's what set the stock apart from everything else. Without the strike plate, i don't see the point for me personally to get it. The ACS fits my AR10 great, without the strike plate, the UBR doesn't offer any reason to upgrade. I just need to swap to the Vltor A5 tube to collapse the stock all the way, and I'll be set.
Link Posted: 1/26/2016 6:00:03 PM EDT
[#26]
Is anything backwards compatible with the other UBR? As in, could i possibly slide the lower portion from the last gen that had the strike plate, on the newer portion with the A5 length tube?

Probably not, but worth asking.
Link Posted: 1/26/2016 6:04:02 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 3:42:21 AM EDT
[#28]

The UBR 2 shares no parts with the original UBR.
View Quote

Do you have any side by side picks old vs new?

Thanks
Link Posted: 1/29/2016 5:42:49 PM EDT
[#29]
Big fan. I'll need 2. Gonna use this on the sharps ak receiver when they release it
Link Posted: 2/16/2016 8:35:34 PM EDT
[#30]
Does the extended buttpad work with this?
Link Posted: 2/16/2016 10:15:08 PM EDT
[#31]
Anyone find a good deal on the preorder? I'm seeing about $190 most places.
Link Posted: 2/18/2016 11:53:01 AM EDT
[#32]
when will production stop on the UBR 1.0?

I actually like the weight of the 1.0 as i use it to balance front heavy guns... i also like the look of the 1.0 better.

Still, i applaud the redesign with regards to the reduction in price and additional features!
Link Posted: 2/19/2016 8:33:24 AM EDT
[#33]
I am with Donster on this- I like it that the original UBR balances a heavier barrel up front, and I also like the looks of the original, as I am not a big fan of the MOE.  I think it would be great if Magpul kept both in production at the same time.  I will not purchase the new UBR, but I am glad it is available for those looking for a 20% lighter stock..
Link Posted: 2/21/2016 11:24:06 PM EDT
[#34]
Would love to get those anti-rotational QD sockets in my UBR-1. Any chance those will be offered for sale and will they fit a UBR-1?
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 12:49:24 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Anyone find a good deal on the preorder? I'm seeing about $190 most places.
View Quote

Exile Machine has it for less than that.

Link Posted: 2/28/2016 5:33:48 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

View Quote
I'm interested to know this too. In my opinion there's an aesthetic appeal to the gen 1 with the "doors" removed.
Link Posted: 2/28/2016 7:13:45 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I'm interested to know this too. In my opinion there's an aesthetic appeal to the gen 1 with the "doors" removed.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.
Link Posted: 2/28/2016 1:21:42 PM EDT
[#38]
Dear Magpul,

Love your company and your products, but...

Why post a thread on a forum like this and then proceed to ignore the valid questions from the members?  There are questions on here (including mine) from 2+ weeks ago that are left unanswered.  This is not like your company's usual level of service.
Link Posted: 3/1/2016 5:58:58 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Dear Magpul,

Why post a thread on a forum like this and then proceed to ignore the valid questions from the members?  There are questions on here (including mine) from 2+ weeks ago that are left unanswered.  This is not like your company's usual level of service.
View Quote

Check their industry page. That's where they spend their time. Very likely this was forgotten about.
Link Posted: 3/1/2016 9:41:22 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Check their industry page. That's where they spend their time. Very likely this was forgotten about.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Dear Magpul,

Surely you don't actually believe that?
See how long it takes magpul to respond if a guy posts something magpul doesn't like.

Link Posted: 3/1/2016 7:26:06 PM EDT
[#41]
Multiple things.

1. The gotfish guy's question is already answered by the pictures. So, yeah, don't see why they would take extra time to explain that it does have a better cheek weld than the UBR.

2. Attitude goes a long way. Not pointing fingers at all, just saying, of someone asks a question in a rude or ignorant manner, why engage that directly?

3. I don't seem to have any issues getting my questions answered. Weird them better. Make them sound like it *needs* to be answered for the community, not just you.

4. Or just wait until people actually start buying them and making third party reviews.

I'm gonna wait it out, see what happens. They might make changes to it before it's actually released.
Link Posted: 3/1/2016 7:33:23 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

1. The gotfish guy's question is already answered by the pictures. So, yeah, don't see why they would take extra time to explain that it does have a better cheek weld than the UBR.
With respect, I don't think it is.  And if it matters to me and I'm spending another $200+ on a new UBR, it's reasonable to think that my question might be answered.  There are several vendors on this site who monitor these threads (Midwest Industries is excellent at this) and answer the reasonable questions.  Apologies if you don't think my question was reasonable, but the "comfort" of the cheek weld (and a little bit of the weight issue) was the reason I sold my previous UBR and switched to the STR.  

2. Attitude goes a long way. Not pointing fingers at all, just saying, of someone asks a question in a rude or ignorant manner, why engage that directly?
Couldn't agree with you more.  And there are (again) several threads in this section of the forum that have gone way off track.  

3. I don't seem to have any issues getting my questions answered. Word them better. Make them sound like it *needs* to be answered for the community, not just you.
I am a Magpul customer.  I have many (too many) pmags, STR's x 3, grips x 3, MBUS Pro Sights x 2, and many more items.  My question matters.  And the day it doesn't, I'm no longer a Magpul customer.

4. Or just wait until people actually start buying them and making third party reviews.
Agreed again, but would add that I (at times) like being one of the initial customers to try something.  Hence my history on the EE here - but it gets a little expensive being the guinea pig.

I'm gonna wait it out, see what happens. They might make changes to it before it's actually released.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/1/2016 8:46:00 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 3/1/2016 9:09:58 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
My apologies for not responding very quickly but thie UBR 2 is a just announced item and specs are subject to change as the stock runs through testing (which it is going through now).

Give us a little time and I will get all the required answers for you.
View Quote

Absolutely - thanks for checking in!  
P.S. Never realized that products posted here were still in development / testing.  Looking forward to seeing this in person.
Link Posted: 3/2/2016 10:08:38 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
No provision for the Strike Plate/Monopod Rail?  Not even an M-LOK cutout?
View Quote

THIS^
Im deciding between this ans a prs gen 3. looks like i have plenty of time to pick!
Link Posted: 3/2/2016 10:19:06 PM EDT
[#46]
Is there a spacer used to accommodate the various buffer systems - rifle, A5, carbine?
Link Posted: 3/3/2016 2:15:31 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 3/3/2016 6:35:04 PM EDT
[#48]
How long are you continuing production of the original UBR?  All colors going to be available in this time?

Link Posted: 3/4/2016 5:19:00 PM EDT
[#49]
I'll be looking for one as well, the weight reduction is what does it for me, i have a original ubr on one of my rifles but it is heavy.  It is one of the best made stocks i have ever seen though, total confidence in it lasting forever!
Link Posted: 3/12/2016 1:02:28 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
How long are you continuing production of the original UBR?  All colors going to be available in this time?

View Quote

^^^^^^^ THIS.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Page AR-15 » New AR Products
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top