User Panel

Page AR-15 » New AR Products
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/14/2014 12:29:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Email them from thier site page and keep posting on thier FB page,Jason is hard to get hold of,be persistent.
Link Posted: 3/16/2014 2:23:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Are these coming in .625?
View Quote

Anyone have info on what the time frame is on the .625 size?
Link Posted: 3/18/2014 1:48:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Emails to Syrac (and JP) were answered immediately with phone calls and followup Emails. Jason may be busy, but he's standing behind my mistake and sending me the oddish sized BBs that fit into the block.

I managed to get the block functional for a 3gun match this weekend- around 200ish rapidfire double-tap style shots and 2 dozen shots from 75-200 yards. I had the block tuned to vanilla XM193 with a JP LMOS carrier and Captured buffer spring. I have an ACE tube stock with no buttpad. With a good comp, I can tune for minimum gas with XM193 and literally fire the rifle from my nose and still maintain the sight picture through a 1x scope. It was my first time out at a match with this setup (or with an adjustable gas system ever), and it was odd to feel the concussion of the brake, but have the dot of the scope basically not move at all from the A zone of the target. I thought my shit was broken a few times, but it was just unexpectedly "smooth" for a bunch of reciprocating metal parts.

Adjusting the 1st gen block isn't that bad at all with a rifle length gas system as the detent is fairly accessible with a wood or plastic dowel (I use the tip of a chamber flag). I still want the second gen just because it's something new, but I wouldn't hesitate to buy another 1st gen if I was building a racegun and it was the only thing available.

I do wish it had windows milled into the side because now that I'm done buying parts for the season, I'm gonna start counting grams.
Link Posted: 3/18/2014 1:54:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Oh, and compared to the video my brass ejects at my 5 o'clock  position into a little pile 4 feet away, and I don't look as good in heels.
Link Posted: 3/18/2014 6:19:47 PM EDT
[#5]
"I do wish it had windows milled into the side because now that I'm done buying parts for the season, I'm gonna start counting grams"

Mill your own windows. Or drill a bunch of little holes or a few big ones and deburr them.
Link Posted: 3/18/2014 10:42:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Oh, and compared to the video my brass ejects at my 5 o'clock  position into a little pile 4 feet away, and I don't look as good in heels.
View Quote

That is awesome! Is that standing? I can't wait to get to the range and test out mine, was supposed to be last weekend but that didn't work out.
Link Posted: 3/19/2014 5:27:25 AM EDT
[#7]
Standing, haulin' ass, off a bench, whatever- the brass ejects to the same place (compared to my AK that slings cases 30 feet forward). I had to shoot the rifle sideways under a barrier on 8 IPSC targets and when I got up to run there were 16 pieces of LC brass almost laying on top of each other directly underneath the ejection port.

Granted, I did not drink, I guzzled the gamegun koolaid full tilt so I have the LMOS carrier, captured buffer, and a rifle length gas system to work in unison. As far as individual parts contributions, I think that the gas block is the most significant, then the gas system length, then reciprocating weight, then the ridiculously expensive captured buffer spring system.

If I were on a budget 3gun build I would get any common maker's $600 AR, throw in a fancy trigger, toss on one of these blocks, tune the gas system, and run the shit out of it all season.
Link Posted: 5/31/2014 11:01:02 AM EDT
[#8]
Anyone from syrac see this please IM me. I have sent multiple emails and tried to contact you for awhile with no responses to my problems with my gas block. Waiting somewhat patiently
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 12:06:40 AM EDT
[#9]
I can't get their facebook page anymore.
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 12:41:59 AM EDT
[#10]
awesome, I need this
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 6:45:56 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
awesome, I need this
View Quote

I would wait until someone actually here's from them or their customer service. They are non existen right now, and if you have a problem like me then looks like it's going into the trash pretty soon.
Link Posted: 6/4/2014 12:43:49 PM EDT
[#12]
When is the GEN II .625 solid (set screw type) block going to be available? It isn't listed on the Syrac site or Brownell's.
Link Posted: 6/5/2014 6:07:29 PM EDT
[#13]
What type of issue are you running into. I made two custom built uppers with there gen 1 model maybe I could help you out.
Link Posted: 6/5/2014 11:53:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I would wait until someone actually here's from them or their customer service. They are non existen right now, and if you have a problem like me then looks like it's going into the trash pretty soon.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
awesome, I need this

I have one and it installed perfectly. What is the problem you are having?
Link Posted: 6/6/2014 11:50:48 AM EDT
[#15]
do you offer clamp on for .625?

I did not find it on the website?
Link Posted: 6/6/2014 12:28:54 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
awesome, I need this

Please email us at [email protected] so we can address any questions or concerns.  
Link Posted: 6/6/2014 11:51:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Standing, haulin' ass, off a bench, whatever- the brass ejects to the same place (compared to my AK that slings cases 30 feet forward). I had to shoot the rifle sideways under a barrier on 8 IPSC targets and when I got up to run there were 16 pieces of LC brass almost laying on top of each other directly underneath the ejection port.

Granted, I did not drink, I guzzled the gamegun koolaid full tilt so I have the LMOS carrier, captured buffer, and a rifle length gas system to work in unison. As far as individual parts contributions, I think that the gas block is the most significant, then the gas system length, then reciprocating weight, then the ridiculously expensive captured buffer spring system.

If I were on a budget 3gun build I would get any common maker's $600 AR, throw in a fancy trigger, toss on one of these blocks, tune the gas system, and run the shit out of it all season.
View Quote

I agree. Bang for your buck an adjustable block will reduce recoil, then I would say a good muzzle break. Next would be a light carrier and/or buffer.

Reducing the mass (i.e. : the carrier, buffer, ect.) will speed up the carrier/buffer and having an adjustable gas block allows you to slow the rifle down even further to reduce the recoil.
Link Posted: 6/10/2014 11:37:29 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
When is the GEN II .625 solid (set screw type) block going to be available? It isn't listed on the Syrac site or Brownell's.
View Quote

Jason, maybe you missed my question a few posts above your last couple of posts. I quoted it above for reference. I'm currently awaiting an answer to this question before just going ahead and purchasing the already available Gen 1 block. I'd hate to purchase a Gen 1 .625 solid/set screw type block and then see the Gen 2 become available shortly after. If this version of the Gen 2 is already available and I've somehow missed it on your site and elsewhere, please let me know. Thanks in advance!
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 3:33:32 PM EDT
[#19]
Got a good deal on them here, got here in 2 days with Free Shipping

http://www.wicked-whitetails.com/Syrac-Ordnance-Gen-2-750-Adjustable-Low-Pro-Solid-Gas-Block-SOG2.htm
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 4:40:14 PM EDT
[#20]
When will the Gen 2 .625 solid/ set screw type gas blocks be available in either finish?
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 4:41:45 PM EDT
[#21]
Has anyone drilled and pinned a GB yet ? Will a carbide bit drill through the melonite ?
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 4:47:37 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Has anyone drilled and pinned a GB yet ? Will a carbide bit drill through the melonite ?
View Quote

I can't comment on the Syrac gas blocks specifically, but I've modified other melonited/nitrided parts before without any trouble and without the use of anything other than standard cobalt drill bits and standard lathe bits when reprofiling melonited barrels. I don't think you'll have any trouble.
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 4:50:44 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I can't comment on the Syrac gas blocks specifically, but I've modified other melonited/nitrided parts before without any trouble and without the use of anything other than standard cobalt drill bits and standard lathe bits when reprofiling melonited barrels. I don't think you'll have any trouble.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thank you Sir.
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 4:58:38 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Thank you Sir.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thank you Sir.

No problem. Glad I could help. Now I'm just waiting for an answer as to when the Gen 2 .625 solid/set screw type gas blocks will be available. I've called Syrac, contacted them through their website, e-mailed Jason here through the e-mail link in his posts, and posted three times in this thread. If anyone can help I'd really appreciate it. I've got a rifle complete, less a gas block, waiting for an answer to this question. I have no problem using a Gen 1 block if the Gen 2 .625 blocks won't be out for awhile or if Jason doesn't plan on offering one, but I'd like to know so I can finish this build once and for all!

Link Posted: 6/21/2014 11:07:49 AM EDT
[#25]
What gas block?!?
I thought this was about a gas block.... oh...I couldn't see it, IT'S ALL HER FAULT!
Link Posted: 7/4/2014 3:56:36 PM EDT
[#26]
Can someone who already has one of the Gen 2 sold low pro gas blocks take a quick measurement for me? The AR-Performance barrel I just bought came with a drill dimple that is 5/16" from the back shoulder that the gas block will sit against. Is the back set screw about that far in from the back of the block? Thanks in advance.

Link Posted: 7/5/2014 11:33:01 PM EDT
[#27]
I know you asked for a measurement. Thought this might help too.

That dimple is exact opposite of the barrel gas port, The rear set screw on the gas block is exactly in line, opposite of the gas port in the gas block, they make them that way so everything will line up.
I used a Syrac clamp on Gen2 and had to leave about .030 gap at the sholder for it to line up.
If your parts are made correct you can just tighten you gas block down and be good to go.
Are you using a FF rail or something that needs a handguard end cap?
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 11:07:31 AM EDT
[#28]
Just got a sweet deal on a Syrac Gen II, FREE Shipping, received it in 3 days!

http://www.wicked-whitetails.com/Syrac-Ordnance-Gen-2-750-Adjustable-Low-Pro-Solid-Gas-Block-SOG2.htm?categoryId=-1
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 11:42:32 AM EDT
[#29]
Damn wish I would have seen that last week but maybe I will order another one to have on hand for the next build.
Link Posted: 7/15/2014 4:03:08 PM EDT
[#30]
.750 clamp-on + Midwest SSM M-LOK rail = less than 1mm clearance from bottom of rail and screws.
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 2:50:25 PM EDT
[#31]
All I have to say is can't beat it tuned up my suppressed SBR in no time, thing runs like a champ now!

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 5:24:59 PM EDT
[#32]
I just installed the Gen II set screw model on my 10.5" SS Noveske SBR upper that gets run 100% suppressed. I am a lefty, so I can't wait to see what kind of a difference it's going to make when it comes to gasses blowing back and irritating my right eye. After a couple hundred rounds, I usually look like I have pink eye for 3-4 days. I hope this solves the problem.
Link Posted: 8/9/2014 4:05:54 PM EDT
[#33]
Well played on the advertising, well played indeed.
Link Posted: 8/11/2014 11:42:50 PM EDT
[#34]
Just shot my 7.5" today.
With the Suppressor is was way overgassed.
Works perfectly now.
Good quality product...
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 5:18:49 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
A new adjustment system that only requires ONE tool.

NEW GEN II ADJUSTABLE GAS BLOCK

View Quote

Jason,

I had sent an e-mail inquiring about possibly getting a .936 diameter gas block (clamp on) SKU # SO-10026 in the melonite finish and I wasn't sure if you could ship one out with the others to have it coated? (even for an extra fee).  I got a response saying you don't make one in .936...... but your website and others show that you do (in SS that is).  Again just a question as I'd rather have it treated in melonite than just spray on a gun coating.  Again if not, no big deal, just curious.

Thanks

Tom
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 2:49:16 AM EDT
[#36]
My gen II fixed my DD barreled 10.3" upper which was overgassed.  Ejects perfectly at 4:30 now.

Link Posted: 9/27/2014 8:03:21 PM EDT
[#37]
I just replaced my Ranier Arms Pinned gas block for the Solid Adjustable gas block V.2.

it's on a 10.5" SBR that was overgassed..

I took it to the range today and fine tuned it with about 4 different types of ammo (federal, wolf, lake city 62gr., and winchester)

it took about an hour to get it just right, cycling with a random mag of the ammo.  

it chewed all of them up and spit them out.

i like the adjustability, we'll see how it holds up on the SBR being so highly gassed up..
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 11:41:35 AM EDT
[#38]
OK, Syrac... Here are a couple of questions...

Relevant data

Before:

10.3" carbine barrel with .081" gas port

DD MK12 low-pro gas block

Springco Blue buffer spring

Colt H2 buffer

After:

10.3" carbine barrel with .081" gas port

Syrac Ord Gen II adjustable gas block

Colt standard buffer spring

Colt H buffer

Once I got it adjusted, I noticed a substantial reduction in recoil impulse and follow-up shots could be made much faster. I run a can on this upper so I need to find the 2nd adjustment sweet-spot for when I have the can mounted. My questions are:

1. Would there be a benefit to running a reduced power spring and something like the TACCOM UL AR15 Recoil system (ultra lightweight buffer)?

2. If the end game is to run a can 50% of the time, will runing a weak spring coupled with an ultra-lightweight buffer require a larger gas block adjustment when transitioning to the can vs. running a H buffer and standard power spring in the same setup?

I figure that since that I can now adjust the gas, I have the ability to go a light/weak as possible for further reducing recoil on this upper.

Link Posted: 2/26/2015 2:18:52 AM EDT
[#39]
Ordered. Looking forward to trying it out!   (:
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 2:29:02 AM EDT
[#40]
I'm sorry...   while the model was rotating the gas block in her hands for display, I found it hard to keep my eyes focused on the gas block with those  huge melons in the background.  Nobody enjoys a nice rack more than I.  But I found it distracting.  From what I saw of it, I really like the gas block.  I'll likely have to watch the video again for more research.    

Now..   Where is that pesky replay button?
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 1:12:09 AM EDT
[#41]
Didn't know about this brand. I wanted one for my SBR300 w/Saker762

I went to CTD to see what they had ( I have a friend that works there McKinney)
He showed me this one, I like the adjustment screw so I can dial it in, in more increments
Got it for 85 and installed it, now just need to dial it in

Link Posted: 5/13/2015 10:50:02 PM EDT
[#42]
My gen ii works great! What happened to the video?
Link Posted: 5/13/2015 11:50:59 PM EDT
[#43]
Anybody else notice that Syrac has gone missing from the industry forum?
Link Posted: 5/14/2015 3:42:41 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Anybody else notice that Syrac has gone missing from the industry forum?
View Quote

Yeah, their forum went 'poof' last week (May 4 or so).  Hopefully they're busy manufacturing and shipping products.  

I called Brownell's last week to inquire about Syrac's piston kits; Brownell's was expecting a shipment the end of April that did not happen.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » New AR Products
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top