BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » New AR Products
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 3
Link Posted: 12/24/2013 12:09:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

I've watched it five times... still cant see the gas block.
Link Posted: 12/24/2013 7:27:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Gas block?
Link Posted: 12/27/2013 12:13:56 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm not sure why Jason isn't keeping everyone updated here as to the progress of the Gen 2. That said, he did recently update Syrac's Facebook page with a post that cites mid-February release.
Link Posted: 12/27/2013 12:45:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Is it possible he might be getting bought out?  Looks like I might have to try SLR.
Link Posted: 12/27/2013 8:28:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Is it possible he might be getting bought out?
View Quote

Why do you say that?
Link Posted: 1/6/2014 9:16:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I'm not sure why Jason isn't keeping everyone updated here as to the progress of the Gen 2. That said, he did recently update Syrac's Facebook page with a post that cites mid-February release.
View Quote

They finally answered my e-mail I sent over a month ago,  "I wanted to keep our customers up to speed.....
The .750 Gen II. will be available in 3 to 4 wks. as they are currently in
production.  Please visit our site within that time frame to order." Sent 1/2/14.  Gonna give them one last chance, then I'm bailing. This chronological anomaly crap is getting old!

Link Posted: 1/7/2014 1:06:11 AM EDT
[#7]
I wish he'd brought these to market quicker. I ended up going with SLR and it has been a great product.

Still holding out hopes for his new piston system.

Link Posted: 1/7/2014 10:39:26 PM EDT
[#8]
With the crazy year we've had, I'm not surprised that manufacturers have slow rolled the release of new products when they are getting slammed with orders for existing products.

I've been waiting since last summer for the 10 round 308 ar mags from Magpul...but with the year we had and their possible factory move I understand it will be delayed.
Link Posted: 1/7/2014 11:33:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
With the crazy year we've had, I'm not surprised that manufacturers have slow rolled the release of new products when they are getting slammed with orders for existing products.

I've been waiting since last summer for the 10 round 308 ar mags from Magpul...but with the year we had and their possible factory move I understand it will be delayed.
View Quote

10 round 308 pmags in stock @ AIM http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=MMAG290BLK&name=Magpul+PMAG+10+LR%2fSR+GEN+M3+7.62x51+Magazine&groupid=6
Link Posted: 1/8/2014 8:02:54 AM EDT
[#10]
I have one of the Gen I's.  Decided not to use it as it was too tedious to get that detent depressed under the hand guard.  I had thought about removing a small piece of the rail.  Now, if I can ever get one, I'd like to try this.

Although I never tried the GEN I with the gas fully closed (OFF), in the video I see what I think is the carrier still cycling a little... just not enough to fully extract/eject the case.  Do y'all see the same?  

With a Switchblock or a MicroMOA, would it be the same when they are in the OFF position?

Danke,
Link Posted: 1/8/2014 4:00:36 PM EDT
[#11]
I noticed the same thing. Hopefully the tolerances are a little tighter in the production units to eliminate most of the blow-back.
Link Posted: 1/9/2014 9:46:53 AM EDT
[#12]
So... Is this just to reduce the recoil? I dont really understand why its that great of a thing

boooyahhh for NPR
Link Posted: 1/18/2014 4:28:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Anyone hear anything on these new products? I was hoping info would come out during Shot Show.
Link Posted: 1/20/2014 9:27:15 AM EDT
[#14]
I saw Jason at SHOT and looked over this gas block as well as another product he will be introducing.  Both looked great.  The gas block adjustment is much improved over the old model.

I did not ask when either would be available.

Link Posted: 1/20/2014 11:16:23 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

Why was that not the first and/or only question you asked?!
Link Posted: 1/20/2014 12:58:35 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

YEA!!  
Link Posted: 1/21/2014 8:20:32 AM EDT
[#17]
Because I don't need an adjustable gas block.

Link Posted: 1/22/2014 2:35:53 AM EDT
[#18]
Interesting (discouraging?) that they have gone silent here and on their facebook site.  I've left msgs on their phone and facebook site requesting gen2 dimensions to figure out if it will fit under my YHM TJ rail (which screws on - no GB relief channel).  The gen1 has about 15tho clearance so hoping the gen2 is same housing.
Link Posted: 1/22/2014 6:18:30 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Interesting (discouraging?) that they have gone silent here and on their facebook site.  I've left msgs on their phone and facebook site requesting gen2 dimensions to figure out if it will fit under my YHM TJ rail (which screws on - no GB relief channel).  The gen1 has about 15tho clearance so hoping the gen2 is same housing.
View Quote

Yeah, failing business maybe? But why be at SHOT? Looking to get bought out maybe?
Link Posted: 1/22/2014 11:58:03 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Yeah, failing business maybe? But why be at SHOT? Looking to get bought out maybe?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Busy doing business?
Link Posted: 1/23/2014 6:16:54 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Busy doing business?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Busy doing business?

If that were the case you'd think they'd like to keep their highly interested potential customers in the loop
Link Posted: 1/23/2014 11:06:21 AM EDT
[#22]
Communication has been near non-existent from Jason from the very beginning when he released his very first GB.
It's an interesting business model in an industry where customer service makes or breaks you.
Link Posted: 1/23/2014 5:59:54 PM EDT
[#23]
Buy an SLR Rifleworks block and be done with it.  I bought an SLR a few weeks ago and it showed within three days.  The quality is excellent.
Link Posted: 1/24/2014 9:46:18 AM EDT
[#24]
ARFCOMers,

Our business is growing and as a result we are extremely busy. We truly apologize that we have not responded to you sooner. Syrac Ordnance is NOT being bought out. We have been in negotiations with an OEM manufacturer about selling our .750" and .936" Gen. II Clamp-on gas blocks. We did not want to announce that we were in negotiations until it was finalized. We will be supplying Black Rain Ordnance with our .750" and .936" Gen. II Clamp-on Blocks. They will be selling those two models exclusively. We will sell the .750" and .936" Solid models as well as the .625", .875" Clamp-on and Solid models. The .750" Gen. II Solid model will be available to pre-order on our website on Jan. 31. They will ship out approximately two weeks after SyracOrdnance.com.

You can purchase the .750" Gen. II clamp-on through Black Rain now. They have them currently in stock. You can reach Black Rain at 888-836-2620 or Black Rain Ordnance.

Please refrain from any posts regarding speculation as there might be business transactions going on behind the scenes that you are not aware of. Thank you for your patience. We will continue to provide the market with new innovative products. We have been hard at work completing the REBIRTH of the Gas Piston System. It received outstanding reviews from major OEM manufactures and distributors at the SHOT show last week. I just thought I would throw you a bone. Please fight your uncontrollable urge to ask when it will be available to purchase. I will make sure to announce when it is ready to ship. Syrac's New Gas Piston System and Gen. II Impengment Gas Block    

Very respectfully,

Jason Adams
President
Syrac Ordnance
Link Posted: 1/24/2014 9:03:04 PM EDT
[#25]
Please fight your uncontrollable urge to ask when it will be available to purchase. I will make sure to announce when it is ready to ship. [url=http://www.syracordnance.com/pages/pictures-and-video]Syrac's New Gas Piston System and Gen.

Wow, looks great.  More pictures PLEASE!!!
Link Posted: 1/24/2014 9:13:59 PM EDT
[#26]
Sounds like you are doing some serious business!! Look forward to these new products, and I might even get my first gas-piston system depending how bedazzled I am by your new product. Thanks for the update!
Link Posted: 2/5/2014 1:10:22 AM EDT
[#27]
All I see is JJ shooting 3gun, and a girl with big boobs!
Link Posted: 2/5/2014 10:09:02 AM EDT
[#28]
Will Noveske have an oem branded version of the gen ii like they have of the gen I?
Link Posted: 2/12/2014 4:05:48 PM EDT
[#29]
Are the Gen2 .750 adjustable clamp on, The same overall height as the Gen1 adjustable clamp on?

Link Posted: 2/12/2014 6:03:48 PM EDT
[#30]
Damn you Syrac Ordinance!

I just installed a Gen 1 and thought it was perfect until I saw this thread. I want one just because now.
Link Posted: 2/12/2014 9:42:10 PM EDT
[#32]
I'd like to get a .75" clamp on from BRO but there isn't a way to order and the "dealers" in the area here must all be garage gun stores. Never heard of any of them.
Link Posted: 2/12/2014 9:49:25 PM EDT
[#33]
I sent a Email to BRO about that,, thay sent back  info how to do it, use the contact thing on the site and ask them.

ETA- i wouldnt do this, the guy they told me to go through wanted $150, i said "Goodbye"
Link Posted: 2/12/2014 10:11:03 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Will Noveske have an oem branded version of the gen ii like they have of the gen I?
View Quote

Yes they will. Only the Gen. II solid models.
Link Posted: 2/13/2014 3:02:05 AM EDT
[#35]
Are the Gen2 .750 adjustable clamp on, The same overall height as the Gen1 adjustable clamp on? I've been asking this for days,on your site, your facebook page and here.

ETA- Gregg at Black Rain may have redeemed you, he told me the overall height being 1.428 for the Clamp on adlustable,,ITEM: BRO-LP-750A

The gen1 was 1.585 according to your site.

I hope this is correct about the gen2.otherwise i'm gonna be fuked.

Thats quite a difference.
Link Posted: 2/13/2014 8:11:18 PM EDT
[#36]
I measure 1.428" also.
Link Posted: 2/13/2014 8:49:11 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I measure 1.428" also.
View Quote

It's gotta be for real now, thanks Matt.
Link Posted: 2/15/2014 3:57:50 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 2/15/2014 8:59:22 PM EDT
[#39]

Thank you! I finally have one on the way.
Link Posted: 2/15/2014 9:20:46 PM EDT
[#40]

Ordered one friday, mfrey hooked me up with that same address.
Link Posted: 2/18/2014 3:19:35 AM EDT
[#41]
I'm buying a gen 2 for a build (1st build).  Been waiting on this.  It's going on a stainless rainier UM barrel.   You guys recommend the clamp on version or set screw version?  Why?   This will be going under a geissele keymod rail if it matters.
Link Posted: 2/18/2014 9:17:29 AM EDT
[#42]
Are these coming in .625?
Link Posted: 2/25/2014 1:33:57 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I'm buying a gen 2 for a build (1st build).  Been waiting on this.  It's going on a stainless rainier UM barrel.   You guys recommend the clamp on version or set screw version?  Why?   This will be going under a geissele keymod rail if it matters.
View Quote

You guys recommend the clamp on version or set screw version?

Curious about this question also.  From your experiences, would you folks recommend one or the other for staying put the best?  Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/7/2014 7:18:04 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Curious about this question also.  From your experiences, would you folks recommend one or the other for staying put the best?  Thanks.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It is personal preference. The clamp-on is easier to install / uninstall. To install the solid model you need to dimple the barrel to recess the set screw. Performance is the same. There is some witchcraft theory out there that says clamp-ons are more accurate. The theory is that when you dimple the barrel you make tiny impressions in the barrel bore. I would disagree for two reasons: 1. When you dimple the barrel you remove material. 2. There is no way you can press a drill bit or endmill into the barrel hard enough to push the outside diameter into the bore. It would break the drill bit or endmill. I plan on doing a test soon to prove my theory.
Link Posted: 3/7/2014 8:15:24 PM EDT
[#45]
What size is the roll pin for the .750 clamp on? I bought one a little while back and am finally getting around to installing it, but it didn't come with a roll pin and those I have are too small.
Link Posted: 3/7/2014 9:14:53 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

It is personal preference. The clamp-on is easier to install / uninstall. To install the solid model you need to dimple the barrel to recess the set screw. Performance is the same. There is some witchcraft theory out there that says clamp-ons are more accurate. The theory is that when you dimple the barrel you make tiny impressions in the barrel bore. I would disagree for two reasons: 1. When you dimple the barrel you remove material. 2. There is no way you can press a drill bit or endmill into the barrel hard enough to push the outside diameter into the bore. It would break the drill bit or endmill. I plan on doing a test soon to prove my theory.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

All else being equal, the clamp-on block should be more secure.
Link Posted: 3/11/2014 12:14:21 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
What size is the roll pin for the .750 clamp on? I bought one a little while back and am finally getting around to installing it, but it didn't come with a roll pin and those I have are too small.
View Quote

Emailed Black Rain and didn't get a response.
Link Posted: 3/11/2014 4:08:24 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

.315 long X .080 is what i used
Link Posted: 3/11/2014 10:58:24 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thank you thank you!
Link Posted: 3/13/2014 2:09:12 PM EDT
[#50]
Does anyone here happen to know the size of the ball bearing(s) in a Gen I block?  The spring loaded guts got sent into orbit and then rolled into my heater vents when I was futzing around with it last night-totally my fault.

Are there two bearings in the block, or just one? I assumed the detent assembly was bearing->spring->bearing+plunger , since there was still a ball in the block after I ejected the rest of the parts.

I called Syrac but their phone inbox is full. Thanks for any help!
Page / 3
Page AR-15 » New AR Products
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top