AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 6
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 10:39:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

JSE's flat rate ship is great as well. Probably cost ~$4 to ship.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:  Someone in the EE was selling a bunch of vintage slip rings.

Edit.  Looks to come with all needed parts.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/equipment-exchange/RETRO-USGI-Colt-M16A1-Flat-Slip-Ring-Barrel-Nut-Assemblies/159-2353793/

Yep, bbl already has the bbl nut installed, I'll just wait on Mike.  I've got black handguards & a black lower/stock, wouldn't be the end of the world if I have to go w/ a black slip ring in the end.  I've got a DD Omega about, I can clamp that onto the bbl nut for function testing & zeroing, as well as posting pics occasionally bugging Mike for a grey slip ring.  

https://www.jsesurplus.com/a1styledeltaring-grey.aspx

Sub 20 bucks.

JSE is good people.

You guys are enablers.  Why do I feel like I just took my 1st hit off a crack pipe?

JSE's flat rate ship is great as well. Probably cost ~$4 to ship.

Yep.  And found what is hopefully a larger grip for the 905 that sits on my table.
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 11:43:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Great
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 1:05:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

https://www.jsesurplus.com/a1styledeltaring-grey.aspx

Sub 20 bucks.

JSE is good people.
View Quote

Good company to order from. I just wish they had a "notify when in stock" feature.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 4:21:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Super
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 1:53:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 2:53:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Super
Link Posted: 5/14/2023 2:05:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Just finished the complete repair. I used a zip tie and piece of 55 gallon drum. No forward or rearward cant and tight tension. Off to the next project.

Link Posted: 5/15/2023 9:52:14 AM EDT
[#9]
Right. I thought the zip tie was the cherry on the Sunday ??
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 11:42:25 AM EDT
[#10]
Nice!

I used a piece off of my latest car project for a spacer. I bent it rather than cutting a groove in it.
Spacer donor:

Then I used JB weld steel stick to make a higher shelf.  The color is close and it can be cleaned up with a file.

It's not the prettiest, but it'll be good enough to keep the King of England out of my face and hunting rabbits and such.
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 11:58:34 AM EDT
[#11]
Really cool and awesome work guys.  I have one of these uppers and will be using your info as a template for my own fix.
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 1:06:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Awesome. I like the donor too. My donor is a wood burning stove somewhere ??
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 1:53:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Nice solutions. Shame that those uppers needed them in the first place.
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 9:32:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Lol. Your chasing a high now, you will never feel again. Hopefully you got it. Was showing only one in stock.
View Quote

No kidding. That high goes away after you finish the build. Then it’s like now what.. I’ve had parts left over from builds turning into complete rifles over the past year or so.
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 10:22:31 PM EDT
[#15]
For real. I like when you discover shit you forget you had when looking for a part. Especially, when what you find can't be had and is worth something ??
Link Posted: 6/17/2023 7:25:05 AM EDT
[#16]
Add me to the list of people that will never purchase from Shark Arms again and caution anyone to steer clear. After reading all of the negative reviews I decided to give them a try only because they were the only upper I could find to complete my build. If the rear sight pocket issue was the only issue that was something I could fix myself. Well it wasn’t. My receiver also arrived with the carry handle milled so deep that it had the cut through the top. I contacted Chris and stated that this wasn’t going to work and requested a refund. He responded promptly and stated that he was sorry and that “that one must have slipped through” but that he would gladly exchange it for me. I replied that I would rather just get a refund and look elsewhere. He again stated that he would like to exchange the item for me. I then informed him that I had read all of the negative reviews about this product and his business practices, that I gave him the benifit of the doubt anyway and he let me down so I was going to accept nothing less then a full refund. He then responded in all caps that all of the negative comments about him were false and it was just internet drama but that he held his customers satisfaction in the highest regard and would refund my money as soon as he received the item back.

I printed the label up within minutes of that conversation and sent him the tracking number. He stated that he only did refunds on Friday’s so if he received it after he would refund me on the following Friday. The item arrived back to his location on Friday per the tracking so I emailed him to confirm he received it. He confirmed and stated since it arrived late he would refund me on the following Friday. I could have demanded a refund immediately or issued s charge back with my bank but I decided to give him until the following Friday for no other reason then to show the fact that I was a reasonable person if it indeed resulted in a charge back.

Come Friday and no refund. I emailed him on Saturday and told him to issue a refund. He replied back that he would issue it on Monday. I waited until Wednesday and still had not received my refund so I issued a charge back proceeder with my bank that is currently in investigations.

Big Chris as he calls himself is not to be trusted under any circumstances. At least when it comes to these upper receivers. The very idea that he would think that someone like me that knows what I’m buying that he would send me a manufacturing defect to the degree that I received it is insulting. That I would just accept it in its state or not know any better. That alone goes to show what type of character he has and his “regard for his customers satisfaction”.
Link Posted: 6/17/2023 12:09:45 PM EDT
[#17]
What?
Link Posted: 6/19/2023 3:45:48 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

So, you read about Shark Arms ripping off people, and you decided to participate in the experience.    Good for you!   But seriously, if you don’t have an account with Brownells, set one up, and sign up to be notified when their A1 and C7 uppers are in-stock.   With the discount codes, the two I ordered came to $120.00 each which includes tax & shipping.    Hopefully Brownells will release gray anodized versions.     Also, be advised that Brownells notification system isn’t always timely.  Nonetheless, Brownells is a credible vendor.   JSE Surplus also gets a few uppers in-stock.   I believe JSE is just re-branding Brownells uppers (at a mark up) but JSE is also a good vendor with credibility.  

https://www.brownells.com/gun-parts/rifle-parts/rifle-receivers-parts/ar-15-m16-a1-upper-receiver/

https://www.brownells.com/gun-parts/rifle-parts/rifle-receivers-parts/ar-15-c7-stripped-upper-receiver/

https://www.jsesurplus.com/a1upperreceiver-stripped-3.aspx
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:  Add me to the list of people that will never purchase from Shark Arms again and caution anyone to steer clear. After reading all of the negative reviews I decided to give them a try only because they were the only upper I could find to complete my build. If the rear sight pocket issue was the only issue that was something I could fix myself. Well it wasn’t. My receiver also arrived with the carry handle milled so deep that it had the cut through the top. I contacted Chris and stated that this wasn’t going to work and requested a refund. He responded promptly and stated that he was sorry and that “that one must have slipped through” but that he would gladly exchange it for me. I replied that I would rather just get a refund and look elsewhere. He again stated that he would like to exchange the item for me. I then informed him that I had read all of the negative reviews about this product and his business practices, that I gave him the benifit of the doubt anyway and he let me down so I was going to accept nothing less then a full refund. He then responded in all caps that all of the negative comments about him were false and it was just internet drama but that he held his customers satisfaction in the highest regard and would refund my money as soon as he received the item back.

I printed the label up within minutes of that conversation and sent him the tracking number. He stated that he only did refunds on Friday’s so if he received it after he would refund me on the following Friday. The item arrived back to his location on Friday per the tracking so I emailed him to confirm he received it. He confirmed and stated since it arrived late he would refund me on the following Friday. I could have demanded a refund immediately or issued s charge back with my bank but I decided to give him until the following Friday for no other reason then to show the fact that I was a reasonable person if it indeed resulted in a charge back.

Come Friday and no refund. I emailed him on Saturday and told him to issue a refund. He replied back that he would issue it on Monday. I waited until Wednesday and still had not received my refund so I issued a charge back proceeder with my bank that is currently in investigations.

Big Chris as he calls himself is not to be trusted under any circumstances. At least when it comes to these upper receivers. The very idea that he would think that someone like me that knows what I’m buying that he would send me a manufacturing defect to the degree that I received it is insulting. That I would just accept it in its state or not know any better. That alone goes to show what type of character he has and his “regard for his customers satisfaction”.

So, you read about Shark Arms ripping off people, and you decided to participate in the experience.    Good for you!   But seriously, if you don’t have an account with Brownells, set one up, and sign up to be notified when their A1 and C7 uppers are in-stock.   With the discount codes, the two I ordered came to $120.00 each which includes tax & shipping.    Hopefully Brownells will release gray anodized versions.     Also, be advised that Brownells notification system isn’t always timely.  Nonetheless, Brownells is a credible vendor.   JSE Surplus also gets a few uppers in-stock.   I believe JSE is just re-branding Brownells uppers (at a mark up) but JSE is also a good vendor with credibility.  

https://www.brownells.com/gun-parts/rifle-parts/rifle-receivers-parts/ar-15-m16-a1-upper-receiver/

https://www.brownells.com/gun-parts/rifle-parts/rifle-receivers-parts/ar-15-c7-stripped-upper-receiver/

Link Posted: 7/2/2023 11:04:07 AM EDT
[#19]
Yeah, i got 2 recently on Gun Broker. The guy said that the shelf for the rear sight was milled a little too low. i was thinking no big deal, bend the leaf spring a little.  He did not say that because it was milled so low that they  cut the spring hole for the windage drum in half and that you need to make a special plate to hold it in place. He also posted a picture and neither one was even close to the color in the photo. I saw a picture on a previous page here  that shows the upper all scratched up, one of mine was that way as well, with a similar color finish, also not in the description. For those of you that dont have a easy supply to metals for the repair, might i suggest a stainless steel fork that can be purchased at walmart. I needed some narrow stainless in the .050 range for a "project" , they had a 4 pack of forks that was .050 thick and under $2 . You may also find other old cooking utensils that might be close to what you need for this. I didnt expect to have to fabricate parts to make it work or i would have passed on the "deal".
Link Posted: 7/7/2023 8:55:38 PM EDT
[#20]
Has anyone heard from Chris in the last month? Been trying to get my money back for something that never shipped. (And at this point I no longer want even if he could ship it overnight)
Link Posted: 7/29/2023 12:56:43 PM EDT
[#21]
Edited

Take it to the EE.
Page / 6
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top